Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 14 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Paul Armory wrote:I have found no negatives and I would like the chance to provide some [/size][/font][/color]constructive feedback yet cannot think of any. My navigation on this site has been so simple and it's all self explanatory. Ok I just thought of one so here is some constructive feedback.  Allow the members the prerogative to have a gif in their avatar and or signature lines. I believe having that option may bring happiness. It does for me so I'd say most likely it would for others as well rockon

I'm a few days behind, so forgive the late reply to this.

I can't speak for the team here, but in my experience running bards in the past, gif's in sig lines inevitably leads to one or more members complaining they use too many computer resources and makes the board load slowly.  That's why many boards won't use them.  Even just pics will often have members complain they clutter up a page and cause slow downloads too.  Maybe if a size restriction was put in place it would help, but just offering a possible reason why we don't have them here.

Ian

That's the exact reason Ian cheers

A few gifs on a page usually doesn't cause a problem but the more that's on a page really causes the page to load slowly No

Posting gifs is cool and usually doesn't add up to enough to hurt but having it in a signature can lead to problems . If several people have them in sigs and all post on the same page (or the same person or people post multiple times) it really sucks how slow the page loads .

There was a really cool thread at TIG that was all gifs but it got to a point where it would take several minutes for a page to load Mad

So all we are asking is not to have them in signatures (or avatars) - but please feel free to post them in your replies though Very Happy
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 14 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Ian_C Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:35 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
Ian_C wrote:
Paul Armory wrote:I have found no negatives and I would like the chance to provide some [/size][/font][/color]constructive feedback yet cannot think of any. My navigation on this site has been so simple and it's all self explanatory. Ok I just thought of one so here is some constructive feedback.  Allow the members the prerogative to have a gif in their avatar and or signature lines. I believe having that option may bring happiness. It does for me so I'd say most likely it would for others as well rockon

I'm a few days behind, so forgive the late reply to this.

I can't speak for the team here, but in my experience running bards in the past, gif's in sig lines inevitably leads to one or more members complaining they use too many computer resources and makes the board load slowly.  That's why many boards won't use them.  Even just pics will often have members complain they clutter up a page and cause slow downloads too.  Maybe if a size restriction was put in place it would help, but just offering a possible reason why we don't have them here.

Ian

That's the exact reason Ian cheers

A few gifs on a page usually doesn't cause a problem but the more that's on a page really causes the page to load slowly No

Posting gifs is cool and usually doesn't add up to enough to hurt but having it in a signature can lead to problems . If several people have them in sigs and all post on the same page (or the same person or people post multiple times) it really sucks how slow the page loads .

There was a really cool thread at TIG that was all gifs but it got to a point where it would take several minutes for a page to load Mad

So all we are asking is not to have them in signatures (or avatars) - but please feel free to post them in your replies though Very Happy

Cool, I figured as much.

I'm laughing at myself reading this, as it reminds me of a few years ago, when there was a huge uprising at rebelscum. Can't remember exactly what caused it, but a large percentage of the membership was angry at some stupid thing Philip Wise did, and many left to create a new board. (Banthaskull, I think it was). No idea if that board is still going, but some of us decided to fuck with the forums. We started posting the absolute largest pics we could find on google, as well as gifs and everything else. Then every person would add to it by replying and quoting every previously used image. We broke the forum, lol. yay Nothing would load, and man people were pissed. Got myself a short suspension for that one too. lol!

Then of course, I started the "Official Bukkake Thread". It lasted about three days before the mods finally checked in to it and saw what bukkake was. rofl For that one, I just got a warning. stick

Ian

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGent Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:56 pm

While updating my Farmboy Guide, I realised I can easily call out a certain size of a picture whatever my source material is, which to me is rare.
Haven't seen nor used that before on other forums (if it was possible, it was not easy to find or I was not ambitious enough)....

I like the idea, that people easily zoom that pic by right-clicking and choosing show image.

Still hoping for an update on the mobile view of the tantive forum, but for now - I'm very, very pleased with the outcome so far.
And again I'll take the opportunity to call each Luke Farmboy MOC or baggie owner to check if their grail is featured or not!

The guide (and I myself) really depend and we all benefit from your little contribution. So go check!

Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 115
Focus : a) Luke Farmboy > b) First Twenty (sorry, Boba!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:57 pm

Dear iPhone users:

Some of your feedback was addressing the appearance of the site when using Mobile View.
This was especially a burden as there seemed no possibility to go to the Classic Version.

So we are happy to provide you a solution to switch from Mobile to Classic version for those who prefer to do so.
This way, we hope that iPhone users get a better experience when using the Tantive forum from now on.

MOBILE VERSION
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Switch to Desktop Version

CLASSIC VERSION
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 14 Empty Drawing

Post by Johnb Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:17 am

When is the drawing?
Johnb
Johnb
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 185
Focus : Anything Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:35 am

Johnb wrote:When is the drawing?

The drawing will be video taped shortly.cheers Hopefully when Alex can find a Slave Leia costume in his size. lol! rofl
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:47 am

Yep - Alex is in charge of the drawing affraid

If you know The General at all , you know it's bound to be something special gkhan

All I can say is hold on to your pantaloons because even we don't know what he's going to do buzzing
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:08 am

Hmmmm....interesting. I'm hoping for a full blown Squid Head costume complete with maroon cape! That figure is so awesome....I will literally have a meltdown if I win it!
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 125
Focus : Anything I can manage to get!

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Alright, Alex has video taped the prize drawing and he will upload the video later this evening.yay

I won't spoil the surprise for the winners. nanny
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:29 pm

The results of the draw have been published here gentlemen Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnb Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Congratulations to all the winners.
Johnb
Johnb
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 185
Focus : Anything Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryB Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:06 pm

SUPER STOKED to have been selected!!! Thanks so much boys. Forum continues to look great!
GaryB
GaryB
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 107
Focus : ESB pre-production

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:38 am

GaryB wrote:SUPER STOKED to have been selected!!! Thanks so much boys. Forum continues to look great!

Thanks mate and congratulations!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:13 pm

A lot of feedback in this thread concerned the limited functionality when viewing Tantive XI with a smartphone or tablet.
It is a real shame that many of our members and guests can not fully experience the site as it is mean to be.  

The TXI team discussed this thoroughly and we therefore propose a solution: :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It would be great to have you feedback on this, so we can change (or keep things the same).
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:59 pm

I still find it frustrating that when you click on a thread on PC (from index) or on mobile it also goes to the first post. Ideally it'd go to the first unread post.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Hey Richard

I'm working on a mac, so not sure what you are seeing.

But if you click on the little square beside the persons name, it should take you directly to that post. Hope this helps?

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah that's the quick fix, for now, that I was going to suggest Clint. Rather than clicking on the thread, Richard, just click on the little tab next to the last member that Posted on that thread.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:43 pm

There seems to be a small glitch in the board's memory I am seeing.

When I've been off a few days or more, I have threads I did read show up as unread, and some I have not read show up as not having new posts. It's more of a nitpick than anything else, but it means I have to manually look at dates last posted as opposed to letting the board do that for me. No biggie if I'm the only one it happens to - it won't detract from my board experience. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Ian, I have that problem every once in a while as well. Not often. I would say once every 4 or 6 weeks or so. I just hit "Mark all forums read", and the problem corrects itself for a couple of weeks.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks Clint. I usually mark everything as read when I'm done catching up on missed posts.

Glad I'm not the only one. Cheers.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Hey Richard

But if you click on the little square beside the persons name, it should take you directly to that post.  Hope this helps?

Brilliant. In that shot, and on other forums, I click the red text (the name of the thread). The little square works fine.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:46 pm

richard_h wrote:Brilliant.  In that shot, and on other forums, I click the red text (the name of the thread).  The little square works fine.

It should work on everything, mac, windows, phones, tablets, etc.. And on the other forums, RS, SWFUK, TIG, etc... cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:20 pm

richard_h wrote:
Commander Clint wrote:Hey Richard

But if you click on the little square beside the persons name, it should take you directly to that post.  Hope this helps?

Brilliant.  In that shot, and on other forums, I click the red text (the name of the thread).  The little square works fine.
Clint, that is something that has been bugging me as well mate, that is a great little tip about clicking the little red square to take you straight to the last post on the thread you want to read cheers thanks for the info Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:47 pm

on SWFUk there is new/latests posts link

do we have one here i cant see one?
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:21 am

Hey Chris, everything here, works almost the same as on SWFUK.

The newest threads, or ones that get a reply, get bumped to the top of each section.

If you want to go to the last post in a thread, use the little orange square beside the posters name.  See the post above yours.

Also at the bottom of the page in each section, there should be a legend.

Hope this helps. Very Happy

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top