Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 15 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by olisuds Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Guys just wondered if anyone else was having similar problems to me. I do most of my browsing on my mobile these days and for life of me I have been unable to login to the TXI forum when on my iphone because the website has changed to the mobile version and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to log in or anywhere to change back to the standard non-mobile format. If there is a way to do it I would suggest it really needs to be a bit more obvious. This lack of compatability issue has kind of put me off using the site as i can't view any of the pictures when because I'm permanently logged out on my mobile. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 88
Focus : Pre production

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 15 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 pm

Oli, I'll let the team know. I know there has been some changes with the Forumotion platform lately. So they may be the cause.
I don't use the mobile version, so hopefully one of the other guys that use it will be able to help.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Oli, I just found this post from Marco. Does it help?

Dr Dengar wrote:Dear iPhone users:

Some of your feedback was addressing the appearance of the site when using Mobile View.
This was especially a burden as there seemed no possibility to go to the Classic Version.

So we are happy to provide you a solution to switch from Mobile to Classic version for those who prefer to do so.
This way, we hope that iPhone users get a better experience when using the Tantive forum from now on.

MOBILE VERSION
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Switch to Desktop Version

CLASSIC VERSION
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 am

Hi Oli,

Thanks for your feedback. It is a shame you can't experience the site as it should be.
Do you use an iPhone?

Maybe this will help you then:

Dr Dengar wrote:Dear iPhone users:

Some of your feedback was addressing the appearance of the site when using Mobile View.
This was especially a burden as there seemed no possibility to go to the Classic Version.

So we are happy to provide you a solution to switch from Mobile to Classic version for those who prefer to do so.
This way, we hope that iPhone users get a better experience when using the Tantive forum from now on.

MOBILE VERSION

Switch to Desktop Version

CLASSIC VERSION

EDIT: Sorry Clint I just saw your post after I posted mine.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oli, What kind of phone do you have.

Both Chris & Christian have Samsung phones. Look for 3 bullets, and then request the desktop version. Then you should have the log-in screen.

chris.75 wrote:At the bottom of your phone, just below your screen, there should be three tabs. On my Samsung 4 it was the left tab.
Do you not have the three 'bullet points', drop down menu, on the top right of your browser.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Just logged in on my laptop as still cant get in on my phone.

Shouldn't the mobile site have a login and a button to change back to the desktop view? I appreciate that there might be a solution (although doesn't seem to work for the iphone 5) but if you make these things too complicated you're going to miss out on people joining. The whole facebook v forums thing has come about mainly through facebook's ease of use. If it's too complicated to work out people will give up on it.
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:46 pm

Oli, are you getting the box at the bottom with an arrow in ? This takes you to a menu where you get the option to switch to desktop view, works on my iPhone 5s ?
I totally understand what your saying about if it's too much messing about we will miss out on possible people visiting the site  No
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:03 am

olisuds wrote:Just logged in on my laptop as still cant get in on my phone.

Shouldn't the mobile site have a login and a button to change back to the desktop view? I appreciate that there might be a solution (although doesn't seem to work for the iphone 5) but if you make these things too complicated you're going to miss out on people joining. The whole facebook v forums thing has come about mainly through facebook's ease of use. If it's too complicated to work out people will give up on it.

The tech guys are trying to shut off the mobile view, so we'll only have the desktop view, where you'll be able to log in. Hopefully they get to it soon. popcorn
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Hey guys I have an iphone 5 and am using safari browser which is standard with the iphone. I don't see any of those options shown above to change to the desktop. However today I downloaded the Google chrome browser and I am able to locate it. So problem solved but all i can say is it's a shame that it's so difficult. Is it not possible to have a login and some basic settings available on the mobile version.
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 15 Empty Another?

Post by TishomingoSith Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Think we could ever do another one?
TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:09 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:Think we could ever do another one?

We have an other fun thing planned soon. So some more vintage goodies will be up for grabs. We don't do raffles for profit. We are going to make you guys work for the prizes. nanny
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Antilles Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Let us know what you think of the "recently shared images" at the bottom of the home page?
Captain Antilles
Captain Antilles
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:14 pm

looks good, i like seeing the images
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:22 am

It looks and works fine on both desktop and Mobil, at least on my Samsung phone.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Back to top