Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 9 Empty Re: Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by cantina_patron Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Kamshaft wrote:
I thought i might blow up the death star or Starkiller.
lol!

Kamshaft wrote: (Translates to "needs a label") Smile

I'm not sure whether that is possible. scratch
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 9 Empty Re: Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by grinchy Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi, glad to be here, i'm a member of a couple of collecting forums including SWUK, and a few facebook groups, i'm a vintage and modern collector, love the movies, and i also dabble in prop and mask making to

Last edited by grinchy on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5918

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:37 pm

welcome to all the new crew members cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have seen some of your props and they are bad frackin' ass rockon

Please start a thread here showcasing your wares as soon as you get a chance popcorn
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:55 pm

thanks for the nice welcome, i will make a thread showing off my work, cheers
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5918

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnb Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Hello,my name is john.i still have most of my star wars toys from when I was a kid.I love everything star wars.I hope to make new friends on here with the same interest.I am always looking for new,rare,and odd ball stuff.I guess I am just a collector through and through.
Johnb
Johnb
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 185
Focus : Anything Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:03 pm

welcome Ian & John, it's good to see you here. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:11 pm

hi everyone , my name is bill . ive been collecting loose vintage on and off for over 28 years . im on all the other forums NO FACEBOOK and am very glad to be here . great site
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 pm

welcome  aboard Stephen, Ian, John and Bill, we're really happy to have you guys here banana cheers
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:59 am

Welcome aboard gentlemen clapping Looking forward to seeing you guys about Very Happy
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Hey, it was suggested I introduce myself here, so I will happily comply! My name is Chris Krutsinger. I live in SE Missouri; about an hour south of St. Louis. I am a member of several FB star wars collector groups, which led me here. This is now officially the second message board forum I have ever joined, the first being littlerubberguys.com, if anyone here knows it. I use the same handle there. I was born literally into Star Wars, 1977. I remember seeing ESB at a drive in (vaguely that is), and ROTJ in the theater when I was 6. I got my first few toys as hand me downs from an older cousin. I fell completely and hopelessly in love with the saga, it was an escape from the hard reality of my youth. I never had a Dad, and we were very poor, and I had some very negative experiences during that time. Star Wars meant so much.

I got heavily into the saga again when I was older and all the expanded universe books were being released. That hooked me more than ever, and led towards comics, and toy collecting. I have had to sell off all my collection several times over the years, due to bad luck and sorely needed funds. The way things are going now it is looking like I may have to sell them off yet again, but I hope not!

I collect anything I can find and afford that attracts my eye. I stick primarily to vintage, but have some newer items here and there. I have not yet ever completed a full run of 3 3/4" figures, loose, complete, or otherwise. Some day maybe.

I am just now getting involved in custom figure and ship making. Hoping to come up with some fun new things!

Thanks for this group and forum...I look forward to being involved as much as I can!
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 125
Focus : Anything I can manage to get!

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:25 pm

welcome Chris cheers

you live pretty damn close to me in NW Oklahoma ... but don't worry , I am not the typical Oklahoman and am very embarrassed by my state in general lol!
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:26 pm

welcome Chris.

littlerubberguys.com looks like a great toy site for all the different toy lines. clapping

Glad to see another customizer join our little group.  We have some great links to other customizing sites.  But here, it is all about trial & error, and chatting with your fellow customizers. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:40 pm

welcome Chris and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. It will ge great to see what customs you come up with.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamshaft Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:42 pm

dixiebull wrote:Hey, it was suggested I introduce myself here, so I will happily comply! My name is Chris Krutsinger. I live in SE Missouri; about an hour south of St. Louis. I am a member of several FB star wars collector groups, which led me here. This is now officially the second message board forum I have ever joined, the first being littlerubberguys.com, if anyone here knows it. I use the same handle there. I was born literally into Star Wars, 1977. I remember seeing ESB at a drive in (vaguely that is), and ROTJ in the theater when I was 6. I got my first few toys as hand me downs from an older cousin. I fell completely and hopelessly in love with the saga, it was an escape from the hard reality of my youth. I never had a Dad, and we were very poor, and I had some very negative experiences during that time. Star Wars meant so much.

I got heavily into the saga again when I was older and all the expanded universe books were being released. That hooked me more than ever, and led towards comics, and toy collecting. I have had to sell off all my collection several times over the years, due to bad luck and sorely needed funds. The way things are going now it is looking like I may have to sell them off yet again, but I hope not!

I collect anything I can find and afford that attracts my eye. I stick primarily to vintage, but have some newer items here and there. I have not yet ever completed a full run of 3 3/4" figures, loose, complete, or otherwise. Some day maybe.

I am just now getting involved in custom figure and ship making. Hoping to come up with some fun new things!

Thanks for this group and forum...I look forward to being involved as much as I can!

Welcome! I'm new too, and so far this is a great community of crazy Star Wars collectors!
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 290

http://www.camerongraphics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:42 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:welcome Chris  cheers

you live pretty damn close to me in NW Oklahoma ... but don't worry , I am not the typical Oklahoman and am very embarrassed by my state in general lol!

Haha...I'm sure it can't be any worse than MO is. I actually went to Tulsa/OK for the first time last summer for a concert/weekend festival type thing. I plan on returning this year too if I can afford it.

Thanks for the welcome from you, Commander Clint, and everyone else! I hope I can contribute to the customizing threads. I can't wait to get enough materials/tools to start working!
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:12 am

welcome to TXI Chris, its great to have you here cheers
I look forward to seeing what customs you come up with. Have you dabbled in creating dioramas too?
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:51 am

chris.75 wrote:welcome to TXI Chris, its great to have you here cheers
I look forward to seeing what customs you come up with. Have you dabbled in creating dioramas too?

I have not, though it is another thing I have been considering getting involved in. I like the idea of them, but I think if I were to make them I would be inclined to work in some mediums that would be more durable. Plastics would be ideal, but limiting. I have some ideas though involving casting and molding!
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:01 am

Yes, another issue with building dioramas is the amount of space required to display them. I would love to have a go at building a Jabba's palace, by carving styrofoam or polystyrene, at some point, but unfortunately I lack the room to do it justice.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the custom figure section developing further and seeing what cool stuff you guys come up with banana
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by tongshen88 Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:41 am

Wassup guys Very Happy I'm new here.
tongshen88
tongshen88
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 10

Back to top Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 9 Empty Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by BIXO Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:38 am

Hi there, anybody here?
Im Bixo form México and im glad to be here.
BIXO
BIXO
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:15 am

welcome aboard the TXI tongshen88 and BIXO, we hope you guys enjoy the site duel
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:01 pm

welcome tongshen88 and BIXO, I hope you enjoy the forum.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart Skinner Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi Stuart here, been meaning to sign up to this forum for a short while now (well since I got told of its release) but just been so busy.

Layout and colour scheme look really clean and easy to follow which I like a lot.

I collect vintage toys and love the oddball items from the vintage era, so seeing an oddball section on here excites me way too much (if only you could see just how much it excites me), I'll definitely be active in that section.

I'm one of the presenters off The Vintage Rebellion Podcast and love the community side of this hobby.  

Really looking forward to being part of the community here and can't wait to involve myself.

Looks like you've done a smashing job setting it up and wish you all the best with the forum going forward.
Stuart Skinner
Stuart Skinner
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:10 pm

welcome Stuart, as an odd ball collector myself, I'm glad you can join us. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:50 pm

welcome to TXI Stuart, glad you like the look and feel of the place. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your oddballl collection rebel
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top