PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:45 pm

Is anyone watching Ash Vs. The Evil Dead ?
[600]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

It's a original Starz series and we don't have Starz . Luckily starz ran a free preview weekend a few weeks ago and actually showed a marathon , so we were able to dvr the 1st season cheers

Were about 1/2 way through and are really enjoying it Twisted Evil

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread

Post by General Kahn Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:21 pm

I haven't watched them yet, got them all on my hard drive, just haven't had the time. So far heard lots of good reviews, I might have to get it watched next week.
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Your going to love it brother  cheers

The other first thing I gotta do is some cardio ... 'cause my heart is jack hammering like a quarterback on prom night .

lol!
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Believe it or not, I'm not a big Evil Dead fan. Almost sacrilege as a horror fanatic. Might be a Sam Raimi thing though, as I have yet to see a film of his outside Drag Me To Hell that I have liked. Yes, that includes the Spiderman movies.

We're just over two weeks from the mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead - and that will be my highlight of the year on TV. yay

I haven't been posting my 80's schlock of the day regularly, so I'm going to make it an 80's schlock you should see on every reply to this thread. Smile

Today - some Stephen King goodies. Maximum Overdrive, Cujo, and Christine. All awesome in different ways.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:00 pm

lol!

That is unusual Ian nanny

I love the Evil Dead movies for the fun and humor - the wife and I love Bruce Campbell cheers

I think he should have got a Oscar for the scene in Evil Dead 2 (my fav) where he fights his own hand lol!

Have you seen Bubba Ho Tep or The Man With The Screaming Brain ?

We generally enjoy Rammi's movies too (including Spiderman) What a Face

I usually like most Stephen King movies but out of the 3 you listed Christine is by far my favorite clapping

Cujo is good but the crying kid in it really grates on my nerves buzzing

I read most of his early books but haven't read anything new by King in awhile Embarassed

We can't wait for the 2nd half of The Walking Dead season either rockon

My wife and I plan on spending a bloody valentines day celebrating our favorite tv show Twisted Evil
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Evil Dead is a set of classics although I could never figure out the second, is it a remake of the first?? Army of Darkness was always my favourite, just love the comedy value.

Bubba Ho-Tep is one of my favourite films, Absolutely love it, gutted they still never did the sequel? Well not sure if it was a sequel but the end credits claim there will be another which never happened.

When I was in L.A. for a week, there was no premiers at all Sad apparently this is unusual, the week before they had Terminator Salvation, the JJ Abrahms Star Trek and another! Gutted :/ The only premiere that happened was the day we left, we left at 6 it started at 7 and it was Drag Me To Hell, we saw the red carpet and everything but had to go Rolling Eyes
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:30 pm

I have always looked as Evil Dead 2 as what they would have done with Evil Dead 1 if they would have had any money to work with lol!

Essentially it is a remake What a Face

Really all you need to watch is Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness - the 1st one is just fun for the over the top gore a bad homemade effects What a Face

The modern remake was fair but 1 time watching it was enough ...
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:00 pm

One of my fav Evil Dead scenes cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by kisstour03 Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:49 pm

I despise the Evil Dead remake from a few years ago. Awful. Just awful.

The original Evil Dead is one of my favorite old horror flicks. I've only seen maybe the first 20 minutes of Evil Dead 2. Couldn't get into it. I'll give it another go sometime. And Army of Darkness I've never seen. Yet.

I also love Stephen Kings books. I'm way behind on his newer stuff. The last new one I read was Revival. Which is one of his latest but there's a bunch before it I've missed. Maybe Cell was the last newer one I read. I forget without looking. As for Stephen King movies I've only seen a few. And like most of them to one degree or another. One of my favorites is Maximum Overdrive. I know it gets panned but I like it. Christine is another favorite. Those are the only two I remember with any clarity right now. I'm sure there are others slipping my mind right now.

Never seen Bubba Ho Tep or The Man With the Screaming Brain. Yet. Yoou guys are giving me a good list to hunt down with this thread.
kisstour03
kisstour03
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 145
Focus : IG-88

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you are a fan of slap stick humor at all you should really try to watch all of Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness at least once Paul What a Face

Here's one my favorite scene from Evil Dead 2 where Ash fights his possessed hand ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:03 pm

evil dead is a total classic , (glad I found this thread)

evil dead 2 just didn't do it for me although ive seen in 50 times .. I absolutely do not consider this a remake as the first is just simply the best for me .

army of darkness is great although I have to say ive always considered all of these their own separate entity . not even closely related besides some of the obvious stuff Razz Razz

.... as far as the remake of evil dead me and the wife saw it on opening night , I loved the movie . IT IS NOT EVIL DEAD though .
the dragged out ending sucked , but that's just the way they make em nowadays(dawn of the dead, the crazies,hills have eyes ... I honestly was cheering for those people to just die and they did .....

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:25 pm

as far as my faves , im a gore whore !!!!!

my favorite "big budget" horror movie is and always will be the omen ...
when the nanny jumps out the window I just , well I just get all emotional lol!  super sick and I always loved all things with satanic overtones ..

my favorite franchise would have to be the texas chainsaws as well as the hellraisers ....cant figure why I love the hellraisers but texas chainsaw 1 and 2 are pretty self
explanatory ..

I love all things horror whether it be classics like , the omen , the excorist ect.....
I love the early hammer films, all Dracula related material Christopher lee is a favorite of course.....
I love the 70's exploitation cannibal and zombie films anything with gut munching and cannibalism ..
I love all the paul nashy flicks as well from spain, beautifully shot and very gothic usually...... curse of the devil , night of the werewolf, hunchback of the morgue.......

the list is endless cause I own hundreds of horror movies but some of the greatest in my collection just my top ones offhand are

anthropohagus(the grim reaper uncut)
breakfast at the Manchester morgue ,,,,,    james have ya seen it yet ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
demons
the mutilator
hunchback of the morgue
burial ground (nights of terror)
zombie (fulci)
the omen
hell of the living dead
cannibal ferox
gates of hell
cannibal apocalypse
zombie 4 afterdeath
grave of the vampire
the rejuvenator
the prowler
madman    
ill just end the post right now clapping
sorry

Last edited by hellhippie on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Good choice Bill, one of my favs mate  cheers

Last edited by Nico on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Andy funny that Cheryl being possessed is what you posetd from the first evil dead , my fave scene from the first as well .... the whole movie but you know /
when I was in high school I used to be able to do that scene word for word in the classroom , which my friends thought pretty funny and I probably did too
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:24 pm

kisstour03 wrote:

I also love Stephen Kings books. I'm way behind on his newer stuff. The last new one I read was Revival. Which is one of his latest but there's a bunch before it I've missed. Maybe Cell was the last newer one I read. I forget without looking. As for Stephen King movies I've only seen a few. And like most of them to one degree or another. One of my favorites is Maximum Overdrive. I know it gets panned but I like it. Christine is another favorite. Those are the only two I remember with any clarity right now. I'm sure there are others slipping my mind right now.

I am also a Stephen King fanatic. Also feel out of touch with some of his more recent work. I know I own and have read every single one of his books (including the Creepshow comic Smile ) up to the early 90's with the exception of The Dark Tower - had a hard time getting into them.

Cell was great. I actually just finished Full Dark, No Stars (another collection of short stories), and it was pretty good. Now, over 20 years after buying it, I'm finally reading Dolores Claiborn. Possibly his weakest I've read so far, about 3/4 through it.

I have a few newer ones here that I'll be reading soon enough.

hellhippie wrote:

I love all things horror whether it be classics like , the omen , the excorist ect.....
I love the early hammer films, all Dracula related material Christopher lee is a favorite of course.....
I love the 70's exploitation cannibal and zombie films anything with gut munching and cannibalism ..
I love all the paul nashy flicks as well from spain, beautifully shot and very gothic usually...... curse of the devil , night of the werewolf, hunchback of the morgue.......

the list is endless cause I own hundreds of horror movies but some of the greatest in my collection just my top ones offhand are

anthropohagus(the grim reaper uncut)
breakfast at the Manchester morgue ,,,,,    james have ya seen it yet ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
demons
the mutilator
hunchback of the morgue
burial ground (nights of terror)
zombie (fulci)
the omen
hell of the living dead
cannibal ferox
gates of hell
cannibal apocalypse
zombie 4 afterdeath
grave of the vampire
the rejuvenator
the prowler
madman    
ill just end the post right now clapping
sorry

DAMN. I have seen some of those, but you're got me on a few of those titles. More hunting for me. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:23 pm

That's an interesting list Bill, definately need to track a few of them down!

Just watched the Forest...... Shite!

I have never read a Stephen King book, I don't read often, so when I do I only tend to read factual stuff rather than novels, also after dedicating several years to reading everything John Muir ever wrote I've struggled reading other stuff because Muir's writing is just beautiful and everything else I've tried seems child like in comparison so it's been difficult to get into anything.

How ever after a recent unexpected several days in hospital recently I ended up going to the hospital shop to buy a book to read as I had literally nothing to do, everything was utter shit, old lady books. The was one Star Wars book which to be fair I've never been interested in anyway (the novels) and the first line on the back read.... "Javul Charn is the most famous pop star in the galaxy" this was more than enough to make me put it back on the shelf. Then tucked away at the back of the shelf was one solitary copy of Cujo, so I thought, that's as good as it's gonna get so I bought it and I can honestly say I've really enjoyed not only the story but Kings writing as well, only half way through at the moment but I fully intend to read all King's books now, really impressed, and the X wife has pretty much all of them anyway so she's gonna lend me them Smile

Walking Dead..... Best season so far in my opinion, really kick arse!

As for a horror classic..... Killer Clowns From Outer Space, I mention this because not only is it a cool movie, but the effects are way ahead of there time and also apparently they are making a remake. Not sure how I feel about that, no doubt it will be shit and full of CGI shite :/

I've also heard that they are making a Wolf Creek series which will be interesting Smile
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:55 am

I read most of King's early work but it's been awhile . A couple of my favorite books of his are The Stand and Pet Cemetery Twisted Evil

I can't wait until the season finale of Walking Dead - we all know that we're going to lose a main character but who's it going to be ? buzzing

I haven't read the comics (yet) but I was unfortunate to stumble across a spoiler about what happens when our gang first meets Neegan - goodnight sweet Lucille  st00pid

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

The events / character deaths don't always follow the comic of course but there is going to be someone's blood spilt in a very horrible way I fear eek buzzing eek

Killer Clowns is a great movie in my opinion too Alex rockon
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:42 pm

General Kahn wrote:That's an interesting list Bill, definately need to track a few of them down!

Just watched the Forest...... Shite!

I have never read a Stephen King book, I don't read often, so when I do I only tend to read factual stuff rather than novels, also after dedicating several years to reading everything John Muir ever wrote I've struggled reading other stuff because Muir's writing is just beautiful and everything else I've tried seems child like in comparison so it's been difficult to get into anything.

How ever after a recent unexpected several days in hospital recently I ended up going to the hospital shop to buy a book to read as I had literally nothing to do, everything was utter shit, old lady books. The was one Star Wars book which to be fair I've never been interested in anyway (the novels) and the first line on the back read.... "Javul Charn is the most famous pop star in the galaxy" this was more than enough to make me put it back on the shelf. Then tucked away at the back of the shelf was one solitary copy of Cujo, so I thought, that's as good as it's gonna get so I bought it and I can honestly say I've really enjoyed not only the story but Kings writing as well, only half way through at the moment but I fully intend to read all King's books now, really impressed, and the X wife has pretty much all of them anyway so she's gonna lend me them Smile

Walking Dead..... Best season so far in my opinion, really kick arse!

As for a horror classic..... Killer Clowns From Outer Space, I mention this because not only is it a cool movie, but the effects are way ahead of there time and also apparently they are making a remake. Not sure how I feel about that, no doubt it will be shit and full of CGI shite :/

I've also heard that they are making a Wolf Creek series which will be interesting Smile

Damn Alex,

Sorry to hear about your hospital visit. Hope it wasn't too serious and all is better now.

I have a copy of The Forest, but not watched it yet. Reviews are not complimentary.

Cujo was my very first introduction to King as well. Of course, I was in Grade 7 at the time, and it was a new release back then, lol. Don't know if you're seen the movie, but the book ends....differently. All I'll say, other than it's good. Smile

I'll back up James. The Stand is my all time fave book, ever. It's fucking long though. Wink

Pet Sematary is creepy as hell. The only time I've ever had a book come close to scaring me. Not sure if it would have the same reaction now, but as a teenager, it had an impact. I'd also recommend IT. King is the only person I know that would suggest an underage gang bang to kill the monster, lol.

Pop stars in Star Wars......and people wonder why I hate EU? st00pid

Walking Dead was awesome. A lot of hate for the ending, but I'm cool with it. Negan was done brilliantly.

Haven't done an 80's cheese of the day in a while due to my absence, so let's go with this.

Keeping up with the Stephen King discussion, I'll list an anthology movie to get a few titles in one shot. No, not Creepshow. Wink

Stephen King's Cat's Eye

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Oh yeah - IT is a great book too , wayyyyy better then the movie cheers

Same with Pet Sematary - the movie was okay but the book was really creepy and a lot scarier Twisted Evil

Cat's Eye is a really good movie IMO too Ian rockon
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:07 pm

I would love to be on board with the walking dead . god ive tried I just cant get into it anyways I think I own every zombie film ever pre 1990 (which is key in my mind)
heres some of the best
1 the best all around zombie movie ever made . the make up the gore , the zombies themselves ... brilliant
Fulcis Zombie (I own every poster released worldwide except the greek and thai posters )

Burial ground (aka the nights of terror )
for an all out gorefest this is the most entertaining splatter film of al time (BESIDES BRAINDEAD)
you just are going to cheer for these annoying motherfuckers to die .... thank god they all do !!!!! MORE GORE !!!! Razz

Breakfast at the Manchester morgue (aka let sleeping corpses lie )
Spanish produced set in jolly ole England this is a beautifully shot really eerie creepy film .
me and the wife watch this numerous times a year and have for almost a decade . basically just the best predate all out gore film zombie movie ever.
AWESOME

dawn of the dead
NUFF SAID

hell of the living dead (aka night of the zombies, virus)
super cheesfest annoying as hell with some of the worst acting ever youll be cheering for these annoying fucks to bite it .
made by a hack rip off director andre bianchi even stole some music from dawn of the dead . that's what it is basically a chessier Italian dawn of the dead , long , drawn out , yet ultra entertaining
with some super amazing gore scenes . check it ......

zombie 4 afterdeath
YESSSSS more Italian splatter . brilliant opening scene (witch doctor and wife) amazingly cheesy Italian production . super gory
LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK ... living , im living , im living AFTERDEATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! my wife wants to kill me when this gets in me head.

Junk
ultra cool 2000 tribute to fulcis zombie with a great story line and really good plot and effects .
get out your reading glasses cause its subtitled from the original Japanese soundtrack . AWESOME . hilarious and brutal . great flick

ZOMBIE holocaust
Italian made (love those Italians ) mix of cannibals and zombies , ultra cheesy acting , great gore , annoying plotline , THIS rules period . funny but not meant to be
I miss the good ole days and this film exemplifies why .... own it

ANTHROPOPHAGUS (aka the grim reaper)
not really a zombie film but fits right in as one . don't watch the us cut garbage version the grim reaper , watch the uncut version and its brilliant .
wait , what? is that a fetus eating scene? damn straight it is .... ( just a skinned rabbit but bravo!!!!! ) ultra creepy and used to be impossible to find uncut . not anymore ...

10..... that's enough for now ,, check em out stick

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:30 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:Oh yeah - IT is a great book too , wayyyyy better then the movie cheers

The TV movie gets a lot of love, and Tim Curry was an excellent Pennywise, but I thought it was just too tame after reading the book. I like John Ritter and Harry Anderson, but I thought both were badly miscast here. I also liked how in the book it was constantly time jumping, where the movie split the kids and adults stories into two distinct halves. Sad Honestly, I thought the first part (the kids story) was better than part 2.

Apparently, a theatrical remake is in the works. Done right, it could be just freaking awesome.

hellhippie wrote:
1 the best all around zombie movie ever made . the make up the gore , the zombies themselves ... brilliant
Fulcis Zombie (I own every poster released worldwide except the greek and thai posters )

Hey, isn't that supposed to be Zombi 2? nanny

Seriously, it's a bit disjointed at times, but the effects are incredible. Especially the eye scene! affraid

I thought I was the only one that had seen Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. I have Burial Ground, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Zombie Lake (1981) is fun, but has more nudity than gore. Shock Waves (1977) is pretty awesome too, and even stars Peter Cushing. Smile

Since we're discussing zombies, today's 80's cheese is a popular one.

Return of the Living Dead

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:05 pm

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Love Return Of The Living Dead Ian Twisted Evil

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Oh yeah, her little striptease before getting munched made no sense, but man was it fun to watch!

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Some great Zombie films there Bill, I've seen about 90% of the ones you mentioned What a Face

Cat's eye mentioned earlier, I enjoyed cheers
Quitters inc, you will never smoke again lol!
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:24 pm

yes its zombi2 but has been widely released also as zombie . I love the return of the living dead films as well guys even number 3 , the chick is hot as hell also

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top