"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!  Empty "Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!

Post by ChristianC Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:40 am

Someone sent this in to my blog. Unbelievable.

The dude not only opens two MOCs but also a boxed Taun Taun.

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!  Empty Re: "Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!

Post by cantina_patron Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:49 pm

What a tool. At least the Taun-Taun wasn't factory sealed as the sales recipt was taped inside the flap. But then he was not to know that. angryfire
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!  Empty Re: "Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!

Post by Commander Clint Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Hopefully it was staged. Sad

I found this link of another tool opening vintage MOC's. rofl

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:47 pm

What a jackass, and the guy in the first videos sucks too. lol!

Just kidding, Alex's video was brilliant when he did it and still funny now. The guy in the top videos has to be one of those all about me types. No care in the world if he is destroying something that he could find open already and pass the sealed one on to someone who would appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Haha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have my own thread now Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the video, definately not staged, you can tell by the laugh and the voices in the background, they sound like student dicks trying to be 'edgy'

I wouldn't mind unminting his bitch arse!!! Twisted Evil
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:08 am

If you go to the website he advertises at the end of the video, it takes you to his youtube page. I just commented in no uncertain terms what I thought of this. Wink

He is a troll, trying to get a rise out of vintage collectors. Hence his referral to "death sticks" and constantly calling the figure Malakili.

Christian, this is probably one of those Facebook kiddies who doesn't like the anti-repro/U grade postsand such you feature on your blog.

Disrespectful kiddies.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:55 am

Ian_C wrote:If you go to the website he advertises at the end of the video, it takes you to his youtube page.  I just commented in no uncertain terms what I thought of this. Wink

He is a troll, trying to get a rise out of vintage collectors. Hence his referral to "death sticks" and constantly calling the figure Malakili.  

Christian, this is probably one of those Facebook kiddies who doesn't like the anti-repro/U grade postsand such you feature on your blog.

Disrespectful kiddies.

Ian

Ian, go back to it and invite him here when it goes live. Would love to see how that goes over. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:40 am

Commander Clint wrote:Hopefully it was staged. Sad

I found this link of another tool opening vintage MOC's. rofl

That is f*cking hilarious! How have I never seen this before???????????
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by emperorburns Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Sigh! theres always one isnt there Sad
emperorburns
emperorburns
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:13 pm

ChristianC wrote:That is f*cking hilarious! How have I never seen this before???????????

Christian, These were part of the detail games on TIG.

Thought I better put up part 2 of this video, seeing I'm in it, well kind of. rofl

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:21 pm

You need to watch this before the one Clint posted really Very Happy

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:54 am

I just watched 20 minutes straight of Alex. On my day off sick too.....The virus seems to have gotten exponentially worse all of a sudden.

Seriously they were so f*cking funny! Loved them! Alex although I have no idea what you are saying in the videos (I don't speak Polish), you have a deadset gift! You should make a short-movie. Not talking about a Kardashian type one (you've probably got a few of those already) but a serious film. You the man!

Thanks for sharing guys.

BTW when you googled Toy Toni in the video the thread a started on RS came up second. I'm famous!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!  Empty thats not cool

Post by orange_yoda Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:54 pm

unbelivable. open a MOC figure is just so unbelivable, thank god some one addet the videos of Alex...
the others i wont look to the end...

orange_yoda
orange_yoda
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 75
Focus : Loose Variants and Trilogos Moc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_June Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:23 pm

That's ridiculous Sad I could never understand people opening vintage Moc of any kind! Just to get a mint figure?????? I mean when I started 1st collecting vsw all I wanted was mint figures and I found them without going that route! Freaking tool bags!

General your cool thou haha I'm not messing with you and that pantera shirt and killer beard Very Happy lol
Darth_June
Darth_June
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:12 pm

ChristianC wrote:Someone sent this in to my blog. Unbelievable.

I really hope that's staged man, if not what a #$€!  banghead2

I've seen Alex's vids, Classic, still makes me laugh lol!

Last edited by Nico on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by M4K3R1 Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:31 am

Stuff like this unminting dbag, is ridiculous, looking for a a quick 15 minute of fame I guess,
but opening up vintage stuff is very widespred unfortunately, you just have to look at FB, and its a frequent event there with someone opening up something for that mint figure,
and they get praised for it, funny thing is I recently was told I was "destroying a collectable" after I cracked open a few afa graded cased lossies. st00pid
M4K3R1
M4K3R1
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 195
Focus : 3-3/4" inch Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieFortuna Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:30 pm

ChristianC wrote:Someone sent this in to my blog. Unbelievable.

LOL, How about when hes opening the box with the scissors and says ''betta be careful not to hurt the goods'' LOL
AussieFortuna
AussieFortuna
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 85
Focus : Kenner and Bootlegs

Back to top Go down

Post by Section 8 Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:08 am

Never seen anyone open a vintage figure of any worth. The opening of two common mocs with damage should be given no air time at all.

Let them. We lose nothing. There are tens of thousands out there. Its the collector that puts the prices up.

I'd like to see what he would do with a 12 back in front of him. He'd shit his pants and treat it like gold like the rest of us.

Section 8
Section 8
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 77
Focus : Rebuying childhood items.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:47 am

Section 8 wrote:Never seen anyone open a vintage figure of any worth. The opening of two common mocs with damage should be given no air time at all.

Let them. We lose nothing. There are tens of thousands out there. Its the collector that puts the prices up.

I'd like to see what he would do with a 12 back in front of him. He'd shit his pants and treat it like gold like the rest of us.

It's true that at lot of these MOCs being destroyed are relatively common and I get your point but what happens if it goes on like this for another 20 years or so? The more they open the harder they will be to find. I cherish all vintage MOCs, no matter how common they are. A lot of these idiots are doing it to get a rise out of us so what happens when they get bored of opening cheap MOCs? We need to nip this destructive practice in the bud.

U-grading is equivalent to ripping open an MOC. There have been very rare pieces u-graded - Early Bird kits and UHU Ewoks for example.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:04 am

Unfortunately there are some people with slightly bigger pockets who also want there 15 minutes of fame as well, I remember about 15 years ago, a bunch of students all chipped together and bought a POTF Yak Face and then opened live online Evil or Very Mad
And this isn't the first time either, only recently I saw a video of a guy with a POTF Yak Face letting his kid open it, not sure if it was real but it looked like it was to me. Just had a quick search but can't find it, don't really want to see it again anyway.

There is always some dick who wants to go against the grain and try and be clever.

The thing for me that is so important about keeping all MOC's, MOC is the research and history side of it. This is the major problem with U-Grading also. Just take a look at the Kellerman matrice's.... every single one of those blank white squares without a dot is a 'possible/probably' released on this card but currently no submitted proof......

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

Admittedly we can rule out some of those simply by the fact that this only recognizes examples submitted to Kellerman which required a front back mirror picture, and we can rule out others because we now know certain figures were released on different cards to promote more items for example, figures released on 41B and 41D were not released on 41C and 41E and vice versa.

The point been that there are definately countless figure/card combinations that don't exist anymore, and every time another is opened, it pushs that figure one tiny step closer to that.

It may seem an insignificant Bib Fortuna, but that could have been the last Taiwan Bib with dark pink eyes that existed on a specific cardback, and now the proof of that existence is lost forever. It's the little things like that, that are at stake here.
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Really good point Alex. I've actually never looked at it from a research point of view. Because of your accent (says the bloke with a messed up Aussie accent) I always thought you were a bit wet upstairs but obviously you are smarter than you sound.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Section 8 Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:13 pm

The more we react the more they will do it. By replying or sharing his video we are unintentionally advertising this type of behaviour.

It's not that I don't care about the mocs because they are common, but we'll have to accept there are dickheads in the world, and try not to give them any pleasure from our anger.

Section 8
Section 8
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 77
Focus : Rebuying childhood items.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Section 8 wrote:The more we react the more they will do it. By replying or sharing his video we are unintentionally advertising this type of behaviour.

It's not that I don't care about the mocs because they are common, but we'll have to accept there are dickheads in the world, and try not to give them any pleasure from our anger.

Yeah that is a good point. On one side I think we need to educate newer collector about the dangers but I guess sharing specific videos does give these guys the attention they crave.

I don't think you don't care about MOCs or anything like that, I got what you were trying to say.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Well, as Alex said, it's not just the fact it's a common carded figure that's at stake - it could well be a variant that to the average person looks run of the mill, but to a variant collector is near priceless.

I don't know if everyone knows of this, but there was a moron on RS a few years back who U graded a full full MOC DT set, to have the only U graded set in the world. Then, mere months after he did it, he started trying to sell it. Stupidity at its finest.

I suppose it's always possible these guys in this video are trolling with recards/repros. That's the hope. In any event, sharing them on sites like this may give them attention, but it's also educational. I'm sure the vast number of collectors know opening vintage MOC is taboo, but not everyone is knowledgeable. In my early days, I opened a few to get mint loose, so it's reasonable to assume new collectors now (and I'm sure TFA has brought a few new collectors), aren't aware of the damage opening does. Sharing these videos and getting the universal condemnation can only help people who just don't know understand it isn't accepted.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Oh God yes I do remember that, he had them put in one big display case right?? What a total dick!
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum