THE VALUATION THREAD : WHAT'S IT WORTH ??? (a place to ask what current market values for vintage Star Wars items are)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE VALUATION THREAD : WHAT'S IT WORTH ??? (a place to ask what current market values for vintage Star Wars items are)

Post by Pantzman on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong area, but is there a valuation area? Having trouble with pricing ledy items.
Pantzman
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 58
Focus : Ledy. Variants. Droids and ewoks TV series.

Back to top Go down

Re: THE VALUATION THREAD : WHAT'S IT WORTH ??? (a place to ask what current market values for vintage Star Wars items are)

Post by Commander Clint on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:57 pm

This is a good place for a valuation thread. cheers
Commander Clint
Hoth Hatamoto

Yavin Honor : 14071
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Re: THE VALUATION THREAD : WHAT'S IT WORTH ??? (a place to ask what current market values for vintage Star Wars items are)

Post by hellhippie on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:20 pm

theres lots of ledy experts around... I am not one of them
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 3490
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:52 am

No need for a valuation thread these days, just think of a realistic and reasonable price for an item then times it by 3 or even 4 and you'll have your 'todays' price cheeky

Joking aside, this is as good a place as any for a valuation thread, feel free to edit the post title to 'The Valuation Thread' if you want Smile
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2861
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantzman on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:43 am

Morning guys. I have in my collection a 12" basa chewie. No accessories or anything but still a pretty rare and unusual piece. Has anyone ever seen one of these for sale and if so what price was it pitched at? I'll try to get a photo up later. Thanks!
Pantzman
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:40 pm

have stumbled across a loose Meccano rough scarred Ackbar today. any idea on value boys. a nieche loose variant i know.

cheers

chris
poncho
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantzman on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi Chris. I'll give my opinion on your Ackbar. I think about £35.
Pantzman
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Morning guys. I have in my collection a 12" basa chewie. No accessories or anything but still a pretty rare and unusual piece. Has anyone ever seen one of these for sale and if so what price was it pitched at? I'll try to get a photo up later. Thanks!

Mark, did you contact Lee over on SWFUK? He would know what a loose Basa chewie would be worth. Like you said, it's fairly hard to find.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:have stumbled across a loose Meccano rough scarred Ackbar today. any idea on value boys. a nieche loose variant i know.
cheers

Chris, hopefully some of the up to date collectors will be able to help you out. I haven't collected variants for a couple of years, so I'm well behind on the market values.
Commander Clint
Hoth Hatamoto

Yavin Honor : 14071
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantzman on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:44 pm

I did contact Lee. He said although its extremely rare its not in demand enough to be worth a great deal. \Especially naked.
Pantzman
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Hey quick question, I'm looking at a Spanish Trilogo Anakin with a big yellow "new figure" sticker.

Is that worth substantially more than a plain palitoy trilogo? On SW tracker the plain palitoy is averaging $100 cad, I'm talking to a seller wanting $250 for a Spanish one and it's not in amazing shape.
the89thchris
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1088
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:10 pm

What makes it Spanish Chris? I've only seen Palitoy examples with the large yellow sticker with 'new figure' in red and a price of '£1.59' printed in blue (Many can be found with a black cross on the sticker with a cheaper retailer price sticker applied e.g. 99p or 49p). Most of mainland Europe got the unstickered cards. Some collectors find the unstickered cards more desirable. Have you got a picture? $250 is expensive for a rough example as Anakin is probably the most common last 17 trilogo moc out there.
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4618
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:35 pm

I have to agree here.

Never heard of any differences among tri-logo cards except for the sticker.

$250 is way too much though.

Ian
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2311
Focus : Kenner Production

http://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum