The Force Awoke me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Force Awoke me!  Empty The Force Awoke me!

Post by Kamshaft Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:01 am

I thought I'd post a little bit about me.

Being 45 years old and since seeing “The Force Awakens” with my kids and wife. I decided to do like probably most community members here have done is to dig up my old vintage Star Wars toys.

Over the past 30+ years I held on to all my original "well used" vintage 1977-1983 SW toys. And just recently dug them out of storage to show my kids. They thought I was nuts, but also cool! Now I’m sure this is a very common story that I share with most of you frequenting these forums. Plus, recently I bought my brothers SW toys to keep it all in the family. I assured him that these wouldn’t end up on eBay. Ever.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(That's me at 10 years old - Christmas 1980)

I own quite a few vehicles, X-Wing, Land Speeder, Snow Speeder (the most loved), Darth Vader Tie-Fighter, and a few more.
My goal is to NOT shop on Ebay unless I really must. Plus, get to know this community, complete my collection of loose figures with their respective weapon(s). That’s it, and possibly help out a few others here. I live in Ontario, Canada. Thanks!

(Here's a photo of me and Yoda! As me and my wife attended an exhibit in Paris France in 2005!)

(My son and I attending the Star Wars Identities in Ottawa, Ontario Canada - 2013)
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 290

http://www.camerongraphics.com

Back to top Go down

The Force Awoke me!  Empty Re: The Force Awoke me!

Post by Commander Clint Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:51 pm

That's a great story. Very similar to a lot of us. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Nice to meet you Stephen another Ontarian cool. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy with such awesome people lol.

Ebay is good if you know the sellers we have a few on here that are sellers there but there are also some you stay away from. I have to use lots of online areas as here on this rock on the west we have very little in the way of finding goodies. But you will also find once you get to know the people here if you do see something or they now your looking for something they don't have issues grabbing it I got some great items for my BS collection with the help of Clint in his area as ell as others.

Welcome aboard
Larry
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:00 am

Great story man cheers

What's really cool is to see the Star Wars fever being passed on to your kids - assuring generations of fans for years to come yay
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top