The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 8 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:25 pm

richard_h wrote:Thx for the review Chris.  It was a little rushed that one, but we were on a tight deadline.  Delighted to announce that Jez raised $5100 in Orlando and made the Guiness WR by 48 seconds in the London Marathon.  The soft git has gone to bed as his feet are sore but he's got the 40 miler in two weeks.

That's awesome news. Hopefully he still can reach his pledge goal before the big race. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 8 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 am

Episode 34

I'm looking forward to seeing what Rian Johnson can do with episode 8.  Gareth James set the bar pretty high with Rogue One.

Lets all hope that the Running Stormtrooper (aka Jez) gets someone to donate a treadmill to use in Orlando.  This is a fantastic charity event that he is trying to accomplish. bowwing

Did anyone else hear Pete mention that he collects My Little Ponies (MLP) & Barbies?  That's alright Pete, as long as you are only collecting them. What a Face

That was a good interview with Johnpaul Ragusa & his kickstarter campaign for foam shipping materials for Mint on Card figures.  I think there are too many bubble variations to figure out.  Maybe just make 1 or 2 bubble sizes and then have some extra pieces to customize the final fit, might work.

I've never dealt or plan to deal with ToyTony, but the fact that he is still selling vintage items, is a bit worry some.  You would think his name is "mud" at this point.

The interview with Ian Sanderson was great.  I'm heading to C8, and will be looking forward to finding his booth & meeting him in person.  I'm looking for some more figure stands, so hopefully he will have some there.

As for AFA keeping the fees for not grading a figure, because they have never graded a figure, is shameful.  I'm not a fan of AFA, other than for rare figures.

The interview with Brian Angel was great.  He seems to have so many stories about collecting vintage SW, and the story about his childhood R5-D4 was fascinating.

For those that didn't see the weird Japanese Tuna Fish commercial that Jez was talking about, here it is, I hope.

Also the podcast guys were asking about being able to add to the "There's Something Odd about Oola" section.  Of course everyone can add and participate in the different sections.  They are discussion threads, just like the rest of the forum.  The hope is that we will be adding the pictures and info to the main Library section, for archive purposes.  If anyone wants to supply pictures, they will be given full credit.  So if you have any "Odd items", "Beyond the Toys", or "Gimcrack", please post them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The debate over every ones favourite Tie Fighter ship colour rages on.  White, Blue, Gray, Glassite Silver, you choose.

I really enjoyed the interview with Chris Moore, and the story behind the The Empire Strikes Back wallpaper.  I don't remember seeing this as a kid, or I would have wanted it for my room.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Thanks again for another great podcast & I'm looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Mon May 01, 2017 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon May 01, 2017 6:52 am

Commander Clint wrote:Episode 34

Also the podcast guys were asking about being able to add to the "There's Something Odd about Oola" section.  Of course everyone can add and participate in the different sections.  They are discussion threads, just like the rest of the forum.  The hope is that we will be adding the pictures and info to the main Library section, for archive purposes.  If anyone wants to supply pictures, they will be given full credit.  So if you have any "Odd items", "Beyond the Toys", or "Gimcrack", please post them.

Hell yes cheers

We would be very grateful to have anyone contribute what they have to show bowwing
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon May 01, 2017 1:46 pm

We need to get Grant C on here to check out the Oola threads. He would love them!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon May 01, 2017 1:50 pm

ChristianC wrote:We need to get Grant C on here to check out the Oola threads. He would love them!

When I was talking to him in Orlando, he said that he's been checking them out. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue May 02, 2017 4:36 am

They couldn't produce enough content for my level of weekly commute lol but they come close with those 4-5h episodes.

Between this and the SWCA podcast, I've got plenty to listen to. That being said, the VR is clearly more punctual with their releases lol shots fired

Skye does often joke about their delays though lol and one does have to remember that it's all for the love of the game
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu May 04, 2017 8:05 pm

That's true it's all for the love of SW. I think we're recording next week to get the new one out the week after. Gotta remember the pre-Celebration one was early!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri May 05, 2017 12:50 am

Episode 35

Jez starts off the episode with an update on the treadmill for C8 in Orlando.  Apparently  through some contacts, the Orlando Police Dept. is able to get a treadmill to the Convention Centre.  This is wonderful news from the Running Stormtrooper. clapping

As the crew discusses any new vintage purchases, Richard says that he was able to get one of the sets of Topps SW series trading cards.  Richard, if you haven’t seen our thread yet.  We have both Topps & O-Pee-Chee (OPC) trading cards shown.  For those that don’t know, O-Pee-Chee is the Canadian trading card company.  When I brought my childhood toys & trading cards out of storage, the trading card sets were the first to be completed.  The hardest to find, where the OPC SW series 1 & 2 empty display boxes.  I think that I waited almost 10 years before any showed up.  I’m planning to update the pictures in the thread soon.

The boys then discuss some Aurora (France) - Mustard Glasses, and what kind of mustard came in them.  They are definitely unique looking glasses.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

The boys then break into a game about Cardbacks & Box Art.  This was fantastic and had me yelling at my computer, shouting out the answers to any that I knew.

Thanks for the update on “baggiegate”.  Jeff is still proclaiming innocents.

There was some pre-Celebration talk.  With Jez hoping that someone from Make a Wish will be stopping by his booth, and have a chat.  We also hear that he fell during training and has a sore arm & leg.  “Man down, Man down”

We hear a great interview with Mark Baker & Karl Dix from Jabba’s Palace Facebook group.

The discussion then turns to the Imperial Troop Transporter vs. the Imperial Cruiser.  I’m not possitive, but I think all we got here in Canada is the Imperial Troop Transporter.
The only difference between the 2, is the Imperial Cruiser didn’t have any electronics.  So it was cheaper to make & sell.

Imperial Troop Transporter

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Imperial Cruiser

Jez then gets nostalgic over a lamp shade that he had as a kid.  That is one interesting looking lampshade.

Then the mind boggling discussion over the designations of the Palitoy 48 backs.  I think you guys should just stop worrying about it, and send them all to me. lol!   Then I’ll figure them out for you.

The “Beyond the Toys” Facebook page & the following discussion was all about an Star Wars Atari arcade machine top piece.    Then they play an interview with the software designer.

Damn POTJ packaging.  Why couldn’t we have gotten more of it here in Canada.  The Gamorrean Guard MOC is a beautiful piece.  Well done.

Thanks again for another great episode, and I’m looking forward to meeting some of you in Orlando.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri May 05, 2017 8:04 am

Thanks for the summary Clint. I finished listening to the episode on my way to work today. Another winner. Loved the interview with Mark and Karl and the Jawa/Binary Sunset mash up was absolutely poetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Sat May 06, 2017 11:17 am

Hi guys, thanks for the reviews and feedback. It was great to meet and catch up with some of you in Orlando.
Recording another episode next week, i'm really looking forward to it!
Because the April one was so early it's been ages since i've had the pleasure of a Skype with the lads. So much has happened since the first week in April!
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat May 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Jez wrote:So much has happened since the first week in April!

It has been a busy month.  I'm looking forward to hearing the next episode. cheers

It was a real pleasure to meet you Jez, Grant, Richard & Pete in Orlando.  It seems so long ago now.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed May 24, 2017 6:01 am

New episode bump Very Happy going to listen to it on my flight to the northern Alberta's tomorrow popcorn
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 am

Just about to download it. Shattered that Pete is leaving the podcast....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed May 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Wow guys beat me to it. Our new episode has dropped:

Not too enthusiastic at the moment as in the last few hours (after being told last week I'd be op free for 5 years) that I have probably chronic ligament injury on the inside of my left ankle needing major rework Gutted is the understatement.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 24, 2017 6:48 pm

richard_h wrote:Wow guys beat me to it.  Our new episode has dropped:

Not too enthusiastic at the moment as in the last few hours (after being told last week I'd be op free for 5 years) that I have probably chronic ligament injury on the inside of my left ankle needing major rework  Gutted is the understatement.

Thanks for the update guys. I'll have something to listen to, this afternoon.

Richard, Hang in there. I know all about operations, and recovery time. rockon

Time to look at those bionic leg implants.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed May 24, 2017 7:20 pm

richard_h wrote:Not too enthusiastic at the moment as in the last few hours (after being told last week I'd be op free for 5 years) that I have probably chronic ligament injury on the inside of my left ankle needing major rework  Gutted is the understatement.
Very sorry to hear that Rich No Like Clint said, hang in there bro, I'll give the podcast a listen tomorrow rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu May 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey Rich, can't say I know much about CLIs but the more you know and the more promptly you act seems to be universally beneficial.

Also, I know we tend to avoid talking about political issues or the news at large here, but I just wanted to mention that my thoughts (along with those of everyone else here, I'm sure) are with the people of the UK after the despicable act that took place on the 22nd.

Keep up the fine work, thanks for the shout out on the podcast.

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks Chris,

we had around 20 or so pupils from my school at the concert - all have been accounted for thankfully but many are upset. There are two deaths of people who live very near me which my friends tell me I know their family, but I honestly don't recognise their photos.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 31, 2017 2:53 am

Episode 36 review.

That was a great episode.  It seemed so long after the last one.  lol!

Sorry to hear that Pete has left the show.
Pete, I wish you all the best, and thanks for all your hard work on the podcast.  You will be missed.

It was fantastic to meet Rich, Grant, Jez & Pete in Orlando. I didn't get a chance to talk very much with Pete, while there.  I don’t remember seeing Pete after the Thursday night Archive Party.
Because Christian & I were just wandering around, taking in the shows, panels, & exhibits,  I think Rich, Grant & Jez saw more of us than they probably wanted.   lol!   I remember the one day, having a bite to eat in the food court, and seeing Rich & Grant pulling up to a table.  I wandered over and just started chatting with them.  That’s the main reason I was there.  Too meet and chat with all the collectors that I knew, and some I didn’t.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />'[/300]

Congrats to everyone for all their acquisitions at Celebration.  Grant showed me the Jedi call sheet while in Orlando, which was really cool & a nice piece to have.
I was at the Running Stormtrooper's table when Jez came back from getting cleaned up, and uncovered the 12” Stormtrooper gift.  Jez, you deserved it for all the selfless hard work you put in all that weekend.
Richard, congrats on the diecast Y-wing with the bomb. Awesome score.

I predict, that we haven’t seen the last of the Running Stormtrooper.  As much as he wants to retire.

I had the Slave1 as a kid, and I still proudly have it & the instruction sheet, in great condition. It was the only ship/vehicle that I had, besides a speeder bike & Tauntaun.
In my childhood scrapbook, I found a cut out from what I'm assuming is the 1983 or 1984 Canadian Sears Christmas Wishbook. The Slave1 is listed at $14.49 & the Snowspeeder is listed at $13.99.

I personally don’t think I’ll ever participate in restoring any Star Wars collectables.  I enjoy having the original toys, boxes & collectables, with all the glorious scribbles, check marks, folds & creases of all the childhood pieces that I have in my collection.  They give them a sense of history.

I hope everyone had a great official 40th anniversary Star Wars day.  May 25, 1977 - 2017

The interview with Steve Savoury was fantastic.  I’ve seen pictures of his great collection and the fantastic way he has displayed it.  I’ve also resently had the pleasure of dealing with Steve.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/300]
I did see the live interview Jason Smith did with the BBC.  Well done Jason.  You did a fantastic job of explaining things in a short period of time.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
[/300]
The interview with Chris Fawcett about the Arcade Machines was fantastic.  I’ve had to move a couple of vintage machines lately, so I know first hand how heavy they are.  I would love to have a vintage Star Wars machine someday, but I would need a bigger house.   lol!

This is only a small snippet of the podcast, so I encourage everyone to listen.
Thanks again for another great show.  Keep up the great work guys.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed May 31, 2017 8:37 am

Nice review Clint and love the photos.

I haven't listened to the episode yet but heard that Pete has retired. Really sad to see. He always had me in stitches.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 31, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks Christian. I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed a couple of your photos. nanny
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed May 31, 2017 4:15 pm

Of course mate, no worries.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by starwars_runner Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:33 am

Glad you enjoyed it Clint and thank you for the kind words.  My first time being on a Podcast and it was quite nerve-wracking before hand, but I think I pulled it off.  I'd highly recommend the experience to any collector they ask to go on and join them.  I really thought I had nothing to say or share as despite my love of the hobby and collecting in general, I'm a learner rather than a master of knowledge, but we still filled an hour...

Here's a pic of the top half of one of my Han Solo focus cabinets

and... here is the EP1 prop item we discuss too:

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
starwars_runner
starwars_runner
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 68
Focus : Han Solo & Hoth Rebel Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Steve, that's fantastic. I love seeing pictures of your collection.cheers Being on the podcast is very nerve-wracking. I found that having a few shots of liquid courage, works well. lol!

It must be exiting to have a prop from any of the movies in any collection. Very nice. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm sure this was in the podcast somewhere but I don't remember hearing it, what is that big card back at the top?
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top