The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 15 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by the89thchris Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Dios mio this sounds grand.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 15 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Thanks for the update Richard.  I'm looking forward to listening to it, this morning.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:54 am

Episode 48 review

Celebration 2019 has been announced.  It will be in Chicago, IL. USA.  This was a bit of a surprise for me.  I was expecting Orlando or somewhere over seas to be named.  This is great for a lot of people, including myself.  As it’s only a 7 1/2 hr drive from here in the Kitchener/Waterloo area of Southern Ontario.

Pete is in charge of the quiz this month.  The quiz was based on who would be the weakest link, at answering the trivia questions.  I loved this quiz.  As the game went on, and players were nocked out, the voting became strategic.  Well done Pete, and well done to the winner, Jez.

Congrats to Paul Chu on getting the Uzay Headman card back & bubble for the figure he already had.  It sounded like he had a great time visiting with Todd Hudson in Hawaii.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Congrats to Bill Cable, and finally tracking down an elusive USA Kenner 45  back C-3PO Removable Limb.  This was the debut card for this figure and for some reason, they were a very limited release in the USA.  I never new this figure was so hard to find on the Kenner card.  I have 2 Canadian versions of the card back in my collection, and never thought much about it.

Congrats to Barry Chalmers on discovering the Prototype Concept Model of the Luke Skywalker Wrist Communicator, in a box he had sitting around.  The only place I remember Luke using a wrist communicator is on Hoth, while riding the Tauntaun.

The boys then discuss a Colgate Toothpaste Box that’s been graded with an AT-AT Driver.  These have never been seen with a ESB figure before.  They mostly came with ROTJ figures like Bib Fortuna & the Biker Scout, as seen in a Tomart’s Guide.

Stuart & Rich interview Andy Goulding.  This was a fantastic interview with Andy.  I really enjoyed hearing all of Andy’s stories.

The boys then discuss the next part of the “Kenner Code” - Cromlains.  The best way to see examples is the book by Mattias Rendahl’s - A New Proof.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [/400]

Newest Acquisitions

The boys discuss Cardback Kid’s newest acquisition of a Japanese Pop-up book.  This is a fantastic addition.  Well done.

Next up was the cardboard Palitoy B-Wing Pilot shipping box bought by Laurence Dyer.  For those that don’t know, Laurence’s grandfather helped design a Palitoy factory.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

B-Wing Pilots are now commanding ridiculous prices.  The boys discuss a bit further.

Andy Preston picked up a “Pie Records store display”.  This a fantastic piece for any collection.  Well done Andy.

Our very own “the89thchris” picked himself up a SSP van.  It looks to be in fantastic shape.  Well done.

The POTF Skiff is then discussed in depth with help from Ron Salvatore and the Vintage Alliance.  I love the skiff as a collectors item, but agree with the boys that it’s too fragile as a children’s toy.
The “Battle at Sarlacc’s Pit” board game is a fantastic item.  I wish that I had this as a kid.  You can see the Canadian version that I picked up earlier this year.

This month’s Gimcracker submissions where awesome.

Simon’s submission.

ESB Jazz LP

Stuarts’s submission.

Stuart didn’t get a submission entered this month

Richard’s submission.

Richard submitted a picture of a Slave Leia surfing on a Jabba wave.

Jez’s submission.

Jez submitted a 32 pack of children’s Valentine Cards by Drawing Board.
Just like in the USA, we here in Canada were encouraged to give all your class mates a valentine card.  You can see more of them in our Odd section.

Congrats to Jez on the big win.

Let’s keep the fun going.  Feel free to post your submissions here.

I love Simon’s Market Watch section.  I’m so out of touch with the current market values, it’s great to hear the updates.  Keep up the great work Simon.

Thanks again guys for another great show.  Keep up the great work.

I also have to say Congrats to being 4 years old.  Well done. clapping

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:28 pm

It's The Vintage Rebellions 50th Episode, so we launch with an extended episode (yes extended if you can believe that) to celebrate the milestone with no less than 9 (yes NINE) guests. The team welcome a whole array of guests to celebrate.

Chris Porteous joins Stuart and Richard for this months interview as the boys discuss Canadian items, Tantive forum and Quebec items as well as many other things.

In the New Acquisitions section the lads are joined by not 1 but 5 guests, all welcomed on to share their knowledge. The items discussed range from mint carded figures to Star Wars arcade games, from store displays to everyone's favourite Twin Pod Cloud Car.

Rebel Briefings covers a range of new discoveries in the community including some amazing store displays. You'll be bangers to miss it.
It's a bumper Beyond the Newest Acquisitions where we scour the collecting universe for Twin Pod Cloud Car collectables, and in Gimcrack Richard pulls all the wrong strings.

Simon waxes lyrical (drones on) about more exciting and varied eBay sales, gets all animated about the amount of bargains turning up at UK salesrooms, is (thankfully) speechless regarding the recent Hakes sale and speaks to Mark Daniels who 'fesses up about running the re-seal market.

It's a podcast full of records, as this month's quiz is so long it could be a podcast in its own right.

To end this special edition we welcome back to speak to Edd Grant in this months What's New Pussycat as we revisit his collecting habits since we spoke to him three years ago.

All this plus all the usual shenanigans and banter.

Enjoy the show!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks for the update Richard. I still have to finish listening to episode 49 first. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Pete, can I reserve a fanzine please mate, just let me know where to send PP cheers

Edit: Rich has sorted it Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Cheers mate cheers

Last edited by Nico on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28 am

I'm excited to listen to it. Hopefully, you guys cut my interview in half lol I was unprepared for those "Scott Bradley-type questions". rofl

Looks like there is a bunch of other great stuff as well. rockon
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Great episode fella's yay

Nice job Chris - cool to hear your voice cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Yeah can't wait to meet another Tantive guy at Celebration. The last one rocked and I will be mobile!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:36 pm

richard_h wrote:I will be mobile!

Be careful. It's still 7 months away. lol!

Hopefully you burned those shorts after the last one. cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by mini99 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:45 am

the89thchris wrote:I'm excited to listen to it. Hopefully, you guys cut my interview in half lol I was unprepared for those "Scott Bradley-type questions". rofl

Looks like there is a bunch of other great stuff as well. rockon

Chris really enjoyed your interview on the pod cast, good to hear Vintage collecting from a younger persons perspective.
Your collection has come leaps and bounds in just three years, really well done.
mini99
mini99
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Just finished your interview mate, very well done clapping some very interesting points covered, I learnt a lot about Canadian Star Wars bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Received my 3rd podcast fanzine today cheers

Thanks to Pete and Rich and everyone involved in the making of this little gem bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 pm

Glad you liked it, Andy. I really just wanted to plug the Tantive instagram etc, most of those questions were out of my league lol in-fact, coincidentally, you can hear Scott Bradley explain the business relationship between Irwin/Kenner Canada and Regal on the latest 'Chive Cast. This came up on TVR 50 and I did not know the specifics.

Although, (Clint may have to check this out and confirm rofl ) but I think Scott said the Canadian ROTJ puzzles are not Parker Brothers, and they in-fact, are. I must have heard something wrong, either that or Scott finds Jedi stuff as uninteresting as modern collectables and doesn't look that deep into it. rofl

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18 am

Caught up with the last two episodes (all 13 hours!). Great work fellas. Had a massively stressful few weeks at work so the podcast was perfect to help me switch my old noggin' off. I haven't bought much vintage these past two years but it's podcasts like yours that help me stay in touch with the hobby.

Chris, fantastic interview mate. These things can be pretty nerve-wracking but you were cool as a cucumber. Nice job. I already knew you were a smart bloke but I was pretty impressed with your knowledge after only three years of collecting...Thanks for the kind words about Tantive too, you have been a fantastic addition to our team.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Lol Thanks, but don’t get it twisted, a few of those questions were right over my head. rofl

It was fun and a great chance to plug the forum, but those guys do a pretty good job of that each month already. bowwing

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Hey don't sell yourself short. We loved it and feedback has been good so far
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 pm

After last months epic seven hour plus podcast the Vintage Rebellion return with a far more manageable time. It's just a 4 man team this month as Simon goes on a soul searching mission to make himself an actual likeable individual.

Rebel Commando focus collector and host of Sixth Scale Scavengers Podcast Christopher James Leddy (vintageviewport) join Stuart and Richard to discuss his collection and his collecting habits.
Rebel Briefings is jam packed as Richard takes us through several topics including reproduction M.O.C.s and Canadian Jigsaw puzzles amongst many others.

A shorter Newest Acquisitions section as Jez gets ready to set sail, but the team look at an array of items from the Death Star World Micro Collection and Die Cast Landspeeders through to the MTV-7 which the team cover in depth with added input from the Vintage Alliance. Andrew Norton and Clint Garniss also stop by to discuss their recent acquisitions.

And Pete brings us a Gimcrack Listener Special.

All this plus much more on this months Vintage Rebellion Podcast!

Enjoy the show!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Madness, checked out about 25% of it on my absurd commute. Loved the quiz this month. popcorn
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I've downloaded it, and listening to it as we speak. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Those Canadians can't spell. Check your 77 backs as well. lol!

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 pm

But they can spell LUCASFILM correctly on the Ice Planet Adventure Set.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:29 pm

richard_h wrote:But they can spell LUCASFILM correctly on the Ice Planet Adventure Set.

I think there are a few more spelling errors. I'll try and find them and post them up. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Great job with your recording, Clint. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people contact you about that "Mr. Dealer" piece.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:34 am

This is next up in my podcast queue! Finally catching up.

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top