I just happen to be a "PoP" guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I just happen to be a "PoP" guy Empty I just happen to be a "PoP" guy

Post by Paul Armory Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:13 pm

I like my boxes like I like my haircut; neat. I do not want a vintage box without the pop. Why a vintage box would not have a pop is totally understandable and great for the people that used those pops decades ago cheers

When I make a purchase I do not specifically search for a pop but I take note to any veining, rips, holes, price sticker rips or rips from the original tape etc etc., I read the sale descriptions thoroughly and then re-read. While reading I am taking a mental note of any discrepancies stated. If I have a question then I ask. Pretty straight forward way of making a decision to buy, right?

So I get my package I anxiously waited for. Item was packed well and to total satisfaction (always, always have to respect a person for that Wink . After the unboxing and bubble wrap was off it was time to look it over and what do you know...the first side is where a fat hole, where a pop once existed, is peering at me like a one eyed evil clown. This one eyed evil clown was even laughing something very similar to this sound:

There was a picture in the sale of this side of the box and I noticed in that pictured what appeared to be a litho tear. Under the litho tear was a shadow cast while taking the photo (at least it appeared to me at time of purchase). No big deal, I can handle a small tear. After discovering this "Sarlac pit" of a hole I went back to look at the sale photos.

The one picture that should have showed the "Sarlac Pit" was taken at a higher angle then all the other photos of the box. Things that make you go Hmmmmm scratch I was born at night but not last night  Cool
[insert_new_line]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hopefully the wonderful person that parted with this and sent it to me will work with me to reach a logical agreement. My unspoken rule (until now I suppose) in being a collector is I WANT THE POP...GIMME THE POP buzzing
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 200
Focus : Loose, boxed, carded, Kenner, Non Kenner. Oh ya and die cast

Back to top Go down

I just happen to be a "PoP" guy Empty Re: I just happen to be a "PoP" guy

Post by Paul Armory Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:09 pm

popcorn   popcorn  popcorn

Well the seller's reply to me was not good and was a lecture full of guilt trips. Here are the no shit guilt trips taken from the reply I received;  

- Guilt trip for the seller helping a elderly couple by selling their items and the money used to pay for their bills.

- Guilt about Karma if I was to ask for a portion of a refund. Which in turn would hurt the elderly couple financially and take money away from them in the end  tard

- Guilt trip for free shipping and it cost him more to ship to me because of my location. Now that was BS because I'm pretty sure NO ONE pays more to ship from one US address to another just because mine happens to be a military one. There are no hidden fees or extra charges there. It just means filling out a very, very simple customs form  Rolling Eyes

- Guilt trip for me being military and him helping military and about his family member once serving  scratch

- Guilt trip for giving me a hell of a deal. Maybe that one was aimed at me  for actually writing to him at all and expressing a concern for the HOLE!  angryfire

Bottom line. I accepted his reply challenge  duel  and in turn lectured him on guilting me and basically the ethic of properly detailing a sale item which is missing a POP and missing a clear photo showing that hole. That stating "damage to box"! Doesn't cut it  fun

Yes I know...there are much worse things (like the increase in child support I just was told I had to pay today) but this is my Friday evening drama I wanted to vent about my 1st non POP box in the collection  tongue
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:45 am

Hi Paul, sorry to hear about this drama popping up after your item arrived.
I can imagine you were disappointed as the POP removal was not disclosed. Neutral

Let's hope you can get a satisfying settlement with the seller soon.

Curious: What MIB item did you buy?
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:Hi Paul, sorry to hear about this drama popping up after your item arrived.
I can imagine you were disappointed as the POP removal was not disclosed.  Neutral

Let's hope you can get a satisfying settlement with the seller soon.

Curious: What MIB item did you buy?

Marco the seller fed me crap stating that he wrote the box had "damage" which is a true statement but nothing specifically about a hole or even stating the POP was missing. It was a ESB Battle damaged X-Wing box. I am very happy with the box just not the POP hole Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Wow mate sounds like an arsehole! Definitely should have disclosed it! Box damage doesn't close cover it... Good luck sorting it out.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Not cool at all that should have been disclosed and for even sending replies trying to guilt you not good at all. I would send a reply back stating don't care make it right or I will open a claim with Ebay over this. I have learned over the years people will use any ploy to sell stuff even lie is there 100% proof he is selling this for some elderly couple for bills. Don't let this go over some asshole not being honest bud.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:39 pm

@ChristianC  Thanks

@arohk  Thanks

Bottom line is I will keep the box. It was a lesson for me is the way I shall look at it. Plenty of kooks in the world and the internet is the only way for them to hide in plain sight until they come from out from that shadow of a phone or computer; I have his name so here's hoping I have a chance to know if he is ever physically around me. Karma right cheeky

Maybe I'm a sucker or maybe I just enjoy the item? Here was the reply I sent to the guy and I actually enjoyed doing it despite it falling on "deaf ears"  Rolling Eyes

"Well since we are apparently going to make this an ethics issue with guilt trips to include a Karma piece let me begin by stating , I accept the challenge. ”Rectifying this situation" is you and I communicating; which apparently you did and then some. A little much but you have communicated.

I stated my opinion of the photo in the first note. You then stated your opinion in your reply referring to the blown up photo. Let me break it down like this Ebay seller. I was not specifically searching for a POP when I looked at your sale, that sale that did not specifically say there was a missing pop! Damage to the box? Really? That's what your going with? So all is good in your opinion with this listing because you said damage to the box?

Simplify it by writing i.e "THERE IS A HOLE IN THE BOX". Maybe the CAPS aren't needed for a sale listing but I'm making a point with that. I saw the picture and even the enlarged picture. What I saw was what appeared to be a rip in the litho, with a shadow cast from taking the photo. That is possible and not a ludicrous thought when I looked at the photo. A comment in the details about a missing pop or maybe a hole in the box would have definitely and without a shadow of a doubt not have me form an opinion about a photo shadow.

Why wasn't the photo taken at a straight vantage point? Why do the other photos have a straight vantage point photo taken? Your right, I have been with Ebay awhile and besides this buying account I have a separate account for selling and I know how to specify with details and photos if there is hole in the box. Not just a standard comment about box damage.

The elderly couple situation has absolutely nothing to do with with me. We all have our problems but I would not dare to use those problems on other’s to try to make a point. The audacity to lay anything like that on me. You helping these folks is great and good on you but has nothing to do with me. It has to do with you and you alone.

Karma? Ok. So that's your belief. You guilt me by stating “I'm just letting you know this as I have no problem refunding you back 10 bucks or whatever you are trying to get from me, but I am also a huge believer in Karma and doing the right thing”. What other beliefs in Asian religions do you believe? Please don’t answer that.

Another guilt trip attempt? My military status? Your family member in Vietnam? So. That’s for you and your family to be proud of and not to be used against me in any way! I wouldn’t dare state the details or deaths of my family members in past wars to make a point, let alone to guilt someone about those details. What makes you think I do not have a lower 48 address? I didn’t ask for any favors.

Shipping guilt. So you must think I can only get mail at a Military address. That would be a bad assumption for you to make. I have multiple and verified shipping addresses. You thinking you did me a favor and then expressing that as if I should be thankful for it was a mistake. That is on you for doing. I’m pretty sure I only made a Best Offer and nothing else so keep the shipping favor to yourself.
 I deal in the reality of facts. My photo shadow opinion was an opinion only. So here are the facts.
-   You did not state there was a missing Proof of Purchase.You did not add a photo that specifically showed a hole where there was no Proof of Purchase.
I want nothing from you. You will receive a less than perfect feedback."
-end quote
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:12 am

Pretty much dead on and sounds great. So because I had an uncle who died on the HMS HOOD should I use that in my favor as well lol. People like him make me sick sometimes. And I to believe in karma so I would like to know where he lives as I would avoid the place big time I wouldn't want to be near him when karma strikes back shooting
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:14 am

Wow Paul this seller is extremely unhinged. I'd just neg feedback the clown and say adios. What a fuckhead.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 am

arohk wrote:Pretty much dead on and sounds great. So because I had an uncle who died on the HMS HOOD should I use that in my favor as well lol. People like him make me sick sometimes. And I to believe in karma so I would like to know where he lives as I would avoid the place big time I wouldn't want to be near him when karma strikes back shooting

Wow!  jaw The HMS Hood!
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:46 am

ChristianC wrote:Wow Paul this seller is extremely unhinged. I'd just neg feedback the clown and say adios. What a fuckhead.

Hey Christian rofl the guy had replied to my neutral (not negative) feedback and his reply was that he reported me for trying to "extort him".  Here was my original message to the prick. Seller name upupdowndownleftrightbaselectstart

Jason,

Fantastic job in packing the box. I have an issue. You did not state in your listing that the pop was cut out?

When I originally made you an offer on this box, I did look at the pictures that were well taken, and I saw the picture of the side of the box, where the pop should be, and to me it looked to be a small tear in the litho and not a hole. The picture was taken from above and not straight on which is why the hole was not noticed.

Please let me know your thoughts and how we can rectify this.
Thanks

Regards,
Paul

Here was my Neutral and not negative feedback for the guy and his  feedback rebuttal-

Shipped fast,Packed well. No specific detail or photo to show hole in item!

Reply by upupdowndownleftrightbaselectstart:
cut out UPC was CLEARLY pictured and NOTED, REPORTED for trying to extort me.
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 am

Hahaha mate this guy is a fucking comedian! Must be so frustrating....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:55 am

ChristianC wrote:Hahaha mate this guy is a fucking comedian! Must be so frustrating....

Guess what I got in the mail today from someone else? Ok I won't make you wait so I'll just say...

Another Fucking Box with no POP
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Oh no Paul. It's not your week.

Lets hope this seller is more reasonable than the last one.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:45 pm

cantina_patron wrote:Oh no Paul. It's not your week.

Lets hope this seller is more reasonable than the last one.

Oh Lord Steve I hope so Rolling Eyes I'm not a dick and don't make shit up. I prefer understanding and compromise above all.
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Man it really isn't your week is it, let me guess father stuck in outer space so need to sell to get him home lol. Well if I ever sell you a boxed item I will have to remove the pop don't want to ruin your "good luck" streak jk.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:45 am

arohk wrote:Man it really isn't your week is it, let me guess father stuck in outer space so need to sell to get him home lol. Well if I ever sell you a boxed item I will have to remove the pop don't want to ruin your "good luck" streak jk.

Right cheeky
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:07 pm

Just catching up with your update, Paul.

I am very sorry to hear you again have received a box with a missing POP.
I hope it can be sorted out more smoothly this time.

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum