LUKE SKYWALKER - JEDI KNIGHT - Answers To A Few Common Questions

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LUKE SKYWALKER - JEDI KNIGHT - Answers To A Few Common Questions - Page 3 Empty Re: LUKE SKYWALKER - JEDI KNIGHT - Answers To A Few Common Questions

Post by Commander Clint Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alex, can you answer this question?

Mike1119 wrote:So I have heard of carded examples of MIHK Luke Jedi with a snap cape. My question is has anyone heard of this? and is the cape the "fluffy" one like this post suggests? I have a snap cape that is very very close to a MIHK unitoy sewn cape, but its a snap, and i cannot figure out which COO it goes with. Any info would help. thanks in advance, and this post was amazing.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

LUKE SKYWALKER - JEDI KNIGHT - Answers To A Few Common Questions - Page 3 Empty Re: LUKE SKYWALKER - JEDI KNIGHT - Answers To A Few Common Questions

Post by General Kahn Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Do you have pics of the cape?

It's very difficult to say and document, but the MOC examples often have the cape packed behind the figure in such away that the clasp is impossible to see, so impossible to tell whether it is sewn or snap.

Personally I have never come across this and MIHK figures are the harder to find, but would be interested in seeing some pics Very Happy

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike1119 Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 am

ok I am new to this so I'm trying to upload pictures lol
TXI UPLOADS
LUKE SKYWALKER - JEDI KNIGHT - Answers To A Few Common Questions - Page 3 Attachment
IMG_4861.JPG
LUKE SKYWALKER - JEDI KNIGHT - Answers To A Few Common Questions - Page 3 Attachment
IMG_4862.JPG
IMG_4863.JPG
IMG_4864.JPG
IMG_4866.JPG
Mike1119
Mike1119
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 0
Focus : Luke Bespin/Jedi and Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 am

Well I have to Say, I totally see what you mean, that absolutely screams Unitoy in every sense. I'll have a word with a friend of mine and see what he says, he's been dedicating a lot of time to hunting Luke Jedi variants down and the MIHK is something he's put a lot of time into. Thanks for the pics man.

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 pm

I have spoken to my friend who is not a member here but hoping to join as soon as he gets a laptop. He too has seen a confirmed example of a Unitoy MIHK Luke snap cape same as the ones pictured here, doesn't own it but someone he knows does.

I think the general conclusion is that all 3 factories originally produced the snap cape.

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike1119 Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Awesome Alex, thanks for the info. I think that is the case as well, that all three versions had a snap cape. If you compare the pictures I posted and looked from the front It looks exactly like a unitoy cape that why I was confused. Well at least I know I aint crazy haha.

Mike
Mike1119
Mike1119
Corellia Chugen

Focus : Luke Bespin/Jedi and Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by droid1012 Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:49 pm

damn building a Luke jedi run, and know have to find another for the snap cape variant grrr
droid1012
droid1012
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Maybe another two cheeky I have now seen examples of the Unitoy snap cape in both standard beige and the reddish one...

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am

A guy was insisting to me that he had a black blaster Luke Jedi moc a few years back, maybe he was talking about the grey.

He was sounding a bit like captain Ahab lol I was like "Its not on TIG, Neutral "
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas John Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:05 pm

So i'm also researching the elusive Unitoy HT cape.  I have identified 3 different types of snaps, which may help narrow this down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This is sewn in 2 loops and is marked with 555*
I attribute these as TJ capes

This is sewn in 2 loops and is not marked
I attribute this as a possible Smile HN cape, however it could be a TJ.

These are sewn in 4 separate loops and have a duller grey snap marked with 5051 or 5150
These capes are fluffy and thick like a Unitoy HT cape, and mine has even faded to orange.  The hoods are also larger

I want to see if these snaps and sewing patterns are consistent amongst these 3 possibilities, OR (more likely) they can be found every which way, in many combinations.  Please share images of your snaps, perhaps there are even more types and markings.  I had a very small sample to go from.

Here are 3 of my Unitoy HT figures with the suspected Orange HT snap.  It certainly looks like it fits right in.
Thomas John
Thomas John
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas John Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Just in case you've never seen this, it's a blue saber HN produced Luke on a 65 back with a snap cape!

Thomas John
Thomas John
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:50 pm

I'll have to check mine, later tonight after work. I might only have one snap cape though.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 am

i only have one snap cape also , ill take some pics a little later

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:33 pm

heres some pics of my snap cape luke jedi . you guys know way more about jedi lukes than I do

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 am

Thanks for the input Thomas, I have been speaking to my friend Thomas Gill and he has also confirmed all 3 factories producing snap capes, each with different stitches.

The following pictures are his:

Unitoy Red and Biege Snap Capes

Clasps on Unitoy red and beige capes

All the Unitoy examples so far have the thick cloth, large hood and the clasp is stitched through all 4 holes.

Unitoy 4 hole stitching

Smile (Hong Kong) stitching

Taiwan stitching

Tom has also confirmed different stitch colours for the Taiwan cape on both clasp and hood.

Taiwan Stitch colours

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Excellent info Alex. Thank you for sharing it with us.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Thats an eye opener , thanks bro . More variants to chase is always cool

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Great info and pics General bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Craig T Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello,

A friend on the imperial gunnery forum pointed me to this Forum.

I have returned from a long hiatus to restart collecting.

Before my break, I built-up an extensive focus on Luke Jedi Craigys Luke Jedi 2010 and so I couldn't resist having a look at this thread.

This is a really nicely presented thread.  Well done!

I can confirm that all 3 factories, that is:

• Unitoys (HT)
  • Smile (HN)
  • Taiwan Factory (TJ)

all initially produced a Luke Jedi with a snap cape. But it was relatively expensive and so phased out quite early in the production run.

If you are lucky enough to find a 1st edition MOC Luke Jedi 65-A, then you find the snap capes folded nicely in a clear baggie and tucked behind Luke. This is true for all three factories.
The second edition Luke Jedi MOCs still had a snap cape but it was loose behind Luke. Sometimes you can see the snap (if it is present) by looking sideways at the bubble or viewing from above.

For the completest amongst you:

Unitoys (HT)

Painted Face, Green Sabre, Snap Cape

Smile (HN)

Painted Pink Face, Blue Sabre, Snap Cape

Taiwan Factory (TJ)

Moulded Pink Face, Green Sabre, Snap Cape
Painted Pink Face, Green Sabre, Snap Cape

If you note that each figure has two versions of the COO and Date stamp (one lower down the boot and one higher up the boot) , then you can double this.
I agree that the Unitoys (HT) – with Made in Hong Kong is the hardest Luke to get hold of; their distribution seems to be limited (maybe due to commitments with other characters), but note that they made Luke Jedi MOCs well up to the 77 backs.
TXI UPLOADS
Collection 11092017.JPG Craigys Lukes - Group Photo
Craig T
Craig T
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Wonderful resume you've got there. bowwing I'm sure Alex will find this interesting. Very helpful tips on identifying snap capes on card. I'd love to find one. rockon
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:15 pm

hey Welcome Craig , ive seen your collection before its really incredible and thanks for the info yay

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:08 am

welcome on board Craig. That's a lot of great information. Well done. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:39 am

Great info Craig bowwing Welcome to Tantive mate welcome
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJabbaWookiee Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:02 pm

If you’re a member on Jabba’s Court Thomas Gill’s thread on snap capes is really interesting. You have to wade through the info but there’s some interesting stuff on there

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TheJabbaWookiee
TheJabbaWookiee
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Craig T Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:31 am

Thank you for your warm welcome Smile

I have a little baby, so that Dads amongst you will know time is not always freely available when they are this small. But I will follow-up with some photos of carded snap capes once I have a moment to take photos and write a few words.

Thanks too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for posting the link to JabbasCourt. I will need to make an account to join facebook before I can see, but is this the link to the photos that Alex was kind enough to share?

I will dig out my loose and carded examples, but if memory serves me well - I came to the same conclusion as Thomas Gill snap cape research. I used a combination of comparing the fabric to the carded examples and comparing the stiches (colour and style) to their non-snap cape versions.

... well that the little guy walking-up for his lunch. Have a good weekend.

Craig T
Craig T
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 45

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top