I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! - Part I - Is This The Future Of Collecting?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! - Part I - Is This The Future Of Collecting? - Page 2 Empty Re: I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! - Part I - Is This The Future Of Collecting?

Post by hellhippie Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:36 pm

I saw a painted face luke jedi go for 140 on ebay a few weeks ago also ... idiots

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! - Part I - Is This The Future Of Collecting? - Page 2 Empty Re: I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! - Part I - Is This The Future Of Collecting?

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:15 am

hellhippie wrote:I saw a painted face luke jedi go for 140 on ebay a few weeks ago also ... idiots

Fucking hell, seriously what is going on????
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:47 am

Panted face meaning he still had his nose? lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:27 am

The prices on FB are truly insane. Paying that sort of money for a painted face Luke Jedi is just insanity even if it came with a snap cape and blue saber it would still be way more than double it's actual realistic value.

Even that price for a moulded face Luke Jedi with all the correct accessories would be utily ludicrous to me!

I have owned 5 moulded face Lukes over the years, still have the two and the most I paid was £25 for a complete one with correct snap cape. The last one I bought was from FB and it was £7 from a seller who didn't know what he had. I spotted it and staked the claim.

Frustratingly a few other people then noticed and outed it to the seller which did kind of piss me off because I just saw it as a low blow really, I wouldn't do that to some one, just like I didn't when I saw a dark boots Luke for sale the other day for £5 in a huge lot Wink

On this instance the seller who is a decent guy honoured the sale and said it was his own fault for not knowing, I had £13 in my paypal so I offered him that as a gesture because he was saving for something. The figure was actually for my friend as a 'make up' gift because I accidentally broke his moulded torso Leia Boushh cheeky

There is a certain degree of pleasure that us oldies can have from the new price craziness which will be highlighted in PART II which is on it's way now What a Face

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:30 am

Good that the seller came through and nice of you to offer a bit extra.

I don't like seeing new sellers get ripped off but on the other hand, guys like yourself who have studied all of these variations, deserve to use that knowledge to score good deals, when others couldn't be bothered learning.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:00 am

That's my thoughts also. I'm happy to point people in the right direction, like I did with you Christian and the PBP blaster but it annoys me when it's after the fact. It strikes as little childish because they didn't get there first so they'll try and spoil it for the early bird.

If you look at my recent post about the Alternate Wow Factor you'll see a beautiful picture of my arse, but you'll also see my £4 Bunch, which I got from my mates shop, nothing the too great apart from the Tusken. He used to say to me all the time "I bet you've had loads of great stuff off me.... but then again it's my fault for not knowing"

I told him "no don't be daft" cheeky  eventually I told him about the Tusken.

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Luke Farmboy saber for sale on the UK Echo FB group for 80 GBP. Let's see if it sells....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:02 pm

jaw That's just nuts! I hope no one is daft enough to pay it. Keep us updated Christian. popcorn
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Lol this business with the other sabers has got me worried about my telescoping ones now. I'll have to post them as well.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:13 pm

ChristianC wrote:Luke Farmboy saber for sale on the UK Echo FB group for 80 GBP. Let's see if it sells....

Absolute bargain cheers If it was a DT What a Face

But seriously, as Steve rightly says, that is nut's man jaw

Christian, keep us updated mate popcorn
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 am

A popup r2 sold for 400 GBP on FB this week, I think in the Jabba Auction group.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 am

i do belong to a few fb groups but i do wonder about the mentality of some new collectors fools and there money i say. no patience i want it now generation oh look what i got in the post mail call blah blah and look how big my penis is......
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm

saw a Taiwan molded fave luke go for 149 is this the norm?? really am I missing something Neutral
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:21 pm

hellhippie wrote:saw a Taiwan molded fave luke go for 149 is this the norm?? really am I missing something Neutral

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz

I thought I overpaid 50 pounds for mine three years ago.....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:23 pm

I saw a brown hair Luke go for about the same too. It's out of control.

Where were these buyers when I was selling Luke and Leia figures? Just kidding, kinda. People spending that much on a Luke, when he's really as common as dirt, are morons.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 am

Ian_C wrote:People spending that much on a Luke, when he's really as common as dirt, are morons.

Ian

Exactly. Luke Farmboys are unbelievably easy to find. This whole supply v demand argument is bullshit in regards to him.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Luke Stormie blaster for sale on the USA Echo Base group for $175 U.S. Will probably sell too.....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Lol a local shop has a Luke stormie with blaster and helmet, good paint for $300 CAD. Soon as I looked at it for 10 seconds it was $275 rofl

That said, they probably bought it for a reasonable price from the previous owner.

Last edited by the89thchris on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:45 pm

$175 for a blaster. Ridiculous.

Chris, $300 Canadian isn't that bad compared to the average. The question, is it true black, and is it original and not repro?

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Yeah I should really have mine checked out lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Prices are just nuts, glad I'm not just starting out collecting from scratch now, even beaters are going for over the odds.
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5918

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:46 pm

I got beat out on a no coo 21b for 80$ .. idiots

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:47 am

grinchy wrote:Prices are just nuts, glad I'm not just starting out collecting from scratch now, even beaters are going for over the odds.

Lol that's me. I've got almost the whole loose set in the last year. Most of the ESB and Jedi figs were 10-20$ cad tho, some with weapons.

I got a complete ANH Leia last year for $20. Deals are still out there lol gotta find collectors who have too much stuff.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:15 am

You have to patient, there are still bargains out there, but nowhere in the volume they used to be banghead2
Sadly if people keep buying at some of these ridiculous prices, the prices will continue and get worse No
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:15 pm

There's nothing I've bought this year that I've thought I've overpaid on. It's all about passing on the items which are too expensive and waiting.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top