Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it okay to end auctions early?

Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Vote_lcap100%Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 8 ]
Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Vote_lcap0%Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Empty Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie!

Post by pattejan Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:36 pm

I really hate when this happens:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I found these two figures very interesting and already had placed a bid on Bossk...

Obviously someone else liked them too and made an offer for them...

My bid was cancelled because the item is no longer available!!!

[75]Suspect   Shocked   eek   jaw   banghead2   angryfire   shooting   fun[/75]
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1242
Focus : Loose vintage SW figure variants

Back to top Go down

Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Empty Re: Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie!

Post by Commander Clint Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:42 pm

It's a shitty practice, so hopefully the seller gets what's coming to him. Evil or Very Mad
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Empty Re: Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie!

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:38 am

I don't like it either angryfire

Sorry you lost out on some cool variants Patrick banghead2
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:14 pm

it drives me nuts , hate it ...vote cast

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Ending auctions early ... I really hate that!!! - What the heck? C'est la vie! Empty ending auctions ebay early....grrr

Post by poncho Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:03 pm

you see a nice little auction with a gem in. you know it the seller doesnt....

then what dya know the auction has ended

because some twat has offered him a out of ebay deal

angryfire
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Hopefully the karma bitch comes back and puts a beat down on the seller.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:11 am

Yeah unfortunately that happens and it is frustrating.
Once bids are placed an auction should run till its end, so everybody has a fair chance to get the item.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:51 am

poncho wrote:you see a nice little auction with a gem in. you know it the seller doesnt....

angryfire

I merged your topic with another thread Patrick started with a poll What a Face

People that end their auctions early suck banghead2
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
poncho wrote:you see a nice little auction with a gem in. you know it the seller doesnt....

angryfire

I merged your topic with another thread Patrick started with a poll What a Face

People that end their auctions early suck  banghead2

ok fair enough
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:36 pm

my initial gripe on an auction has worsened and im annoyed by a fellow collector i dont know him but i dont like him.

he clearly did an out of auction deal on a loose variant and now my eagle eyes have now spotted it on facebook for a huge markup (i fucking hate flippers)

he has had it less than a week and flipped it for a stupid amount of money! not sold yet btw

i mean i can understand if you know see something and you know its a rare and badly listed you can you know you can fund a nice piece for your collection with the money. i suppose its fair game

he could be doing it as a one of, or he could be a serial flipper......it annoys me

twat
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:38 pm

should i name and shame?
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:50 pm

ahhh sour grapes for me

i search for all the time on ebay for cool variants and im not looking too spend lots i cant justify the money half the time. there were thousands of these things made you just gotta look

i know i could of won this auction had it let run for less than the new owner wants! and i would of appriciated it more than he ever would also
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:01 am

poncho wrote:should i name and shame?

Chris, That's a slippery slope. On one hand, it would be nice to know who the collector is, and watch out for his shitty practices. But on the other hand, there may be other things at play. scratch
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:10 am

Commander Clint wrote:
poncho wrote:should i name and shame?

Chris, That's a slippery slope.  On one hand, it would be nice to know who the collector is, and watch out for his shitty practices.  But on the other hand, there may be other things at play. scratch

im just venting clint thats all

its not a new practice. its not first time it its happened and it never will be the last.

auctions end early all the time and people can do what they want with the goods.

time for me too move along move along. cheeky

poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:15 am

Petition Ebay to change the closing auctions early policy. That might stop some people from throwing random stuff up as well. cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Generally, if an auction is ongoing, it should run its course. I have rarely made an exception though, in the event I have listed something more than once, it never had a bid, and currently has no bid, I'll consider an offer. That is the only exception though. I won't end an item within the first few days of listing, and NEVER if someone has a bid on it.

These days, though, I don't even sell on ebay. Too many scammers buying things. I would rather list something with a straight up price and take "best offers" elsewhere, even though lately that has been restricted to only kijiji.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top