Darth Revan - 6" Black Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darth Revan - 6" Black Series Empty Darth Revan - 6" Black Series

Post by the89thchris Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:43 pm

I don't collect many 6" Black Series figures, (I think I have 7 basic figures) but I really want that new Revan from Knights of the Old Republic.

There was a 3.75" version of this character released a few years ago which now regularly sells for over $100, and this one is well on its way. $29 retail, already all over Kijiji for $40-60, still theoretically at retail. I've never seen one but I've seen a few from the wave so I know it's been around.

For hose of you who never played KOTOR, I dare say that it's story is a close second to the entire original trilogy, featuring a stunning arc that is in no way reminiscent of any of the stories from the films, featuring a twist worthy of early M. Night Shamalamadingdong.

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Darth Revan - 6" Black Series Empty Re: Darth Revan - 6" Black Series

Post by Sturm86 Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:18 pm

I have that 6" figure... actually it's a gift for my birthday so you'll have to wait a few more days before I can tell you more about it once i'll have it in hand lol! But it looks great indeed. I was lucky to pre-order it from the UK for retail price there (around $25 shipped).
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:16 am

I've heard that it's a bit disappointing in hand but I hardly see how that's possible lol all it has to do is stand and they can have my money on that one.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 am

I'll have it in hands later tonight, then i'll be able to take a few pictures of it Smile
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Its good isn't it? lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 pm

I totally have forgeotten about taking pictures of it lol!

I like the figure, the details are nice and the cloth cape looks great! My only grief would be the boots, the sculpt is a bit rough on them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 am

Lol the boots look super strange in your pics but I've never noticed them before you said that. Maybe there just too bright or something lol somethings off.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:44 pm

In person when you look very closely they look like they have been sculpted with a knife directly from a block of plastic making straight lines. Maybe sanding down the edges and repainting them would reduce this impression.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:34 am

Yeah it hasn't really deterred me.

I'm still hoping my buddy who is a manager at EB Games (GameStop) comes through.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:27 am

Hopefully you'll get it soon! It's crazy how prices are going high for this one online! But I think atfer a few months it will calm down and you'll be able to get it for a decent price. Last summer I was looking for Ashoka Tano 6" figure when it was released. I've missed the pre-order at the regular shop where I buy from so all I could find were scalpers on Ebay or the crazy local comic/import stores I have around me here. I think back then the cheapest I've found was $40 not including shipping! A few months later though I managed to grab her for the same price regular Black Series figures are sold for in stores here. And I've seen here a few more times for much more reasonable prices.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 am

Still none, seen a lot of Leia, AT-AT Drivers, and Obi-Wan.

My EB Games friend is waiting on a more rural store to send one out to him for me. Should happen.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:40 am

Just found two yesterday,  rockon Walmart must have just stocked up because they had those "vintage style" 40th Anniversary figures too so I grabbed one of those re-released R2-D2s.

I'm certainly not gonna get the whole set (you can buy a lot of vintage stuff for $250 cad lol) but that R2 is pretty sexy lol

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Great to know you have found them!

I only have pre-ordered Leia and R2 in the 40th Anniversary vintage packaging because these are the ones I missed when they were released. I don't plan on getting the other one since they are all repacks of figures I already have or I wasn't interested about in the first place.

I will get the 6" Jawa, Death Star Commander and Sand People who will come in the 2nd wave of 40th figures though. But from what I've heard they will also be released later in the regular black/red boxes. So if I can't get them at the normal retail price I'll pass on them and wait for their second release.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 pm

The anniversary figures were the same price as the red and black boxes here tard
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 am

6" figures are not sold in my country since the end of 2015, it seems Hasbro France has decided it was not for us (the last ones we got were the first wave of The Force Awakens Black Series, and even before that we only got the first waves and then nothing). So the scalpers and import/comic shops are going crazy with the prices and can sell a single figure for 40, 50 or even 60 euros. I pre-order everything in the UK though, and including shipping (that I always try to split on several items) I manage to get a 6" figure for between 20 to 28 euros. Which is still less than for how much they were sold in toy stores when they were officially imported.

So I was glad to pre-order 40th Leia and R2 for 23 euros each. I'll get the Jawa, DSC and Sand People in the 40th line ONLY if I manage to pre-order them for the same normal price. If they are sold-out too fast or retailers are trying to scalp because "this is the vintage 40th packaging" then nevermind, I know they will be re-released in the red/black boxes later.

BTW the same goes for the new-sculpt 40th Vader that comes in that "early bird" set, it will be re-released later in the red/black standard line without that ugly and cheap plastic and cardboard stand they are trying to sell for $60 Shocked I was tempted to buy this one, but when I saw the price and how awful the figure stands looks it was an easy pass. Anyone with a good printer and a few skills can make a stand out of wood with a printed background that will look much better than this thing.

Actually the only country in Europe that gets new figures regularly is the UK. Hasbro doesn't seem to care about the european market. Which just another one of their weird strategies, nothing surprises me anymore coming from them lol! Toy stores have a very different way to work here, they order a lot of stuff in october/november to be ready for Christmas then they almost never restock anything until the next year in october/november. That's why we only get the first waves of everything. They are doing that since 2013/2014. This is totally stupid and it's like they are afraid to make money, but that's how they want to work. As for supermarkets they don't have a lot of toys, we don't have things like Walmart here. Supermarket are mostly just selling food and stuff for the house and only have a little bit of everything else. Personally I have given up losing my time trying to find things locally and I make 99% of my modern purchases online (and even inluding shipping costs it often cheaper than what stores have so anyway).

Edit: actually I'm trying to remember but I think the last time I was able to really find a lot of figures from different waves and in different stores was in 2007/2008 for the 30th Anniversary lines.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Very interesting Nick. Personally I think buying much of the new stuff is a bit of a fools errand lol but then they have to go and make a Darth Revan.

Its nice getting much better distribution here than most of the guys in the states see though lol love listening to the toy run podcast and hearing them complain about not seeing stuff I scooped off the shelf weeks ago.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Seeing something new and interesting in a store is something I forgot about lol!
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 pm

I've still got both in the box. Haven't opened it yet because the black series stuff is about you get the boot from my cabinet. I'm gonna find a new place for them, maybe then I'll open the handful I bought for myself.

I got two R2s as well. I don't know if I really want to open one of the R2s though. Might pair it up with the GameStop exclusive 40th anniversary R5-D4, and wall mount them. That pair interests me more than the rest of the line, I can't possibly get them all lol that's just too much real estate for modern stuff.

Last edited by the89thchris on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:11 pm

I'm also limiting myself when it comes to the Black Series figures. I only go for cool looking imperials and troopers, and the occasional awesome character like Revan, Ahsoka and K-2SO (this last one will be displayed with the imperials though). Besides that I only want to have the first 12 in 6" loose just to display next to my vintage first 12. I don't mind much about the huge vintage packaging for the 40th. It won't last anyway, so I will properly open R2 and Leia and let them free from their plastic bubble, and stock the packaging in the attic with the other empty boxes haha.

I'm really excited about the 6" Jawa, Sandpeople and DSC that will come in the next 40th wave this summer. I still don't know if I'll try a repaint on the DSC or not, to make it match with the Kenner figure as hasbro made him all dressed in black instead of grey.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm pretty sure there are photos of all of them already that are pretty finalized

Looks pretty black/screen accurate to me. Neutral
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah they made the DSC screen accurate, which unforuntately is not accurate to the Kenner figure Sad
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Yup but that fits in with the rest of the black series since its mostly re-packs. They don't even do the rebel's figures in their "cartoon" form.

That said lol a 6" Kenner style R2 would be interesting. But it wouldn't be vac metalized lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Wed May 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Have you picked any new things? I've pre-ordered only the Sand People, the Jawa and the DSC from the latest 6" 40th figures. I was tempted a few times to buy that newly sculpted 6" figure of Vader but here it's sold between 50 and 60€ with that ugly figure stand that I have no use of, so I'll wait for the single boxed version (seems it will be released in September!).
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 pm

I sold my spare 40th R2 and I traded my spare Revan for these: lol (plus $35)

I did pick up the Sand Person because he looks awesome! I'll also get that vader if I see him without the stand. OR if I see the stand version go on clearance I might get it because I've only got about 12 black series figures that I'd want to display loose anyway lol I could put Revan, Boba, Jango, and Ahsoka on there bananarock
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top