Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 2

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 2

Post by the89thchris Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Damn, I never realized how different the colour on that painted helmet Fett was! That second shot looks amazing. *I'd love to use that on the TXI Instagram/twitter if you don't mind.

Beautiful Shuttle Marky, I've been looking into one locally, might check it out on Saturday, but it's nowhere near complete.

UPDATE

Looks like I've joined the shuttle club:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its missing 3 out of the 5 gun pieces and all of the loading ramp, but to my eye, it has all or most of the original stickers, and they all look very secure. When it comes to sourcing parts, that's the only thing you cant really get so I'm glad it has those. It's certainly a project but

I'm happy to note; it has a $150 CAD price sticker on it, I brought in a long box of modern figures to the flea market and came out with the shuttle and an additional $80 in my pocket, and with some more room in my closet, having shed some items that I wasn't going to display anyway. Too bad $80 cant buy all the parts missing rofl  but it's a start

It will benefit from an extensive clean to get things started. I might make a thread to document it's progress (unless there's a better place for that).
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 2

Post by Commander Clint Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Nice shuttle Chris. cheers   Good luck in hunting down the rest of the parts.  Ebay might be your best bet.  Shuttles are not common here.

Hi, my name is Clint, and I have a trading trading card addiction, since I was 10 years old. cheeky  lol!

Approx. 1000 cards & stickers for $100.  That works out to about 10 cents a card.  They are mostly the Canadian O-Pee-Chee cards, but with a few US Topps cards sprinkled in.

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:48 am

Goddamn that is extensive. I’ve never seen that much for sale at once lol I’d have probably bought that had I come across it at that price.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 am

chris , sure bro use the pic . you never have to ask me . go for it

clint Shocked wow bro thats some lot . great price , great deal . when i was a kid i remeber owning the blue bordered set . obviosly not canadian but they were blue borders

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks guys, The majority of them came from one seller in Mississauga (Ontario).  The ROTJ cards came from a seller in Prince George (British Columbia).  I still have to sort thru them and see what cards are there, and if there are any complete sets.  Hopefully, with the cards that I already have, I should be able to put together some nice sets.  I did check, and there was 2 "Ken Kenobi" error cards. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 am

Nothing very special .... but I found this nice light red brown Tusken Raider. (bottom right). Another collector told me these are quite rare because this colour with the rusty gloves came only on the early 12 A back Cards. Can anybody confirm this?

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am

niceTusken Raider . i dont know about what card he came on but im quite obsessed with the differing paint coloros of them . it is my favoritie figure after all . verycool

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Dirk, that's a fantastic Tusken Raider. The light brown gloves are very cool. It looks to be in good shape as well. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Akial wrote:Nothing very special .... but I found this nice light red brown Tusken Raider. (bottom right). Another collector told me these are quite rare because this colour with the rusty gloves came only on the early 12 A back Cards. Can anybody confirm this?

I can't confirm that it is exclusive to the 12A Dirk, but I believe that version is only found on 12 backs. They certainly appear to be quite hard to find.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Congratulations Clint clapping 1,000 cards for $100 sounds like a fantastic deal!
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Ball_MD Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:49 pm

the89thchris wrote:Beautiful Shuttle Marky, I've been looking into one locally, might check it out on Saturday, but it's nowhere near complete.

Good luck with the parts. I was only missing a rear gun. Picked one up on ebay and it arrived from USA in only 6 days! All completed now Very Happy
Dr_Ball_MD
Dr_Ball_MD
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 224
Focus : Zuckuss

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Great pick ups everyone  rockon

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dirk, I like the paint colour differences on the Tuskens mate cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Great haul of cards Clint  clapping
You really will have to see someone about that addiction it's getting out of hand  lol!
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Nico wrote:You really will have to see someone about that addiction it's getting out of hand  lol!

It really is. cheeky
I vividly remember trading ESB cards with a friend. Also buying the ROTJ cards. So that's probably where the addiction started. lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:21 pm

I was some 200km from home for work in London Ontario, so I checked out ‘Dark Matter Toys & Collectables’ as per Commander Clint’s recommendation in the “Toy Shops” thread. I had some spending money ready lol but I was shocked by the selection and quality of items that the owner had on site. Here is the result of my visit:

I had assumed that poncho Luke would be more expensive and hadn’t really looked into it. There is a bubble dent but the card is unpunched and in beautiful shape. That Jord Dusat makes my third Canadian droids moc with Thall & Jann. Price was alright, not a bad feeling to walk into a shop and come out with that stuff in 2017 lol

Last edited by the89thchris on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Great stuff Chris , congrats

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Chris, those look to be in great shape. Well done. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Yeah it’s weird, when I would go into collectables shops in like 99-03 all I’d ever see would be some loose figures.

That being said, I really struggle to think of any other shop that has MOCs in the same numbers and quality anywhere near here.

There’s a couple pawn shops that have Jabba goons but not much else.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 pm

The shop, here in Cambridge, used to have a lot of vintage moc's. Same with Koolstuff in Hamilton. But haven't had any for a year or so.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just remembered another Toy shop in Hamilton. They might have some stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Nice, I’ll keep an eye on their Facebook feeds.

I showed Craig the tracker app, he was like “wait, what’s that?” lol something tells me he’ll look into it.

I was surprised that I couldn’t find one of those Lukes going for more than $400 CAD in the last 6 months, also it looks like Jarred took off the droids prices from tracker Sad lol but I’ll post about that in the dedicated thread.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Nice droids Moc

I would like to own beater droids moc one day

Lost the bug these past few months I have picked up a couple of loose variants. I try to leave the pool but I cant help but leave my toes dipped in a little. I'll post up some images soon Very Happy
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Cool, I've been interested in some of the less subtle variants lately lol

As for the Droids mocs, the ones I've got are all in pretty good shape and were all quite cheap. I think the Canadian ones in the case of Droids & Ewoks are less valued by some collectors due to the generic card art which is the same on all the figures in each line.

I've only spent about $500 CAD to my 3, the key is that I don't have an R2 or 3P0 I guess lol I feel like they won't retain their value over the years as no one will remember the cartoon lol everyone will always know the movies but I had to work to find that Droids cartoon.

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:26 am

Picked up a couple of items this morning at a toy show in Burlington, ON.

Not vintage, but vintagesque.  Some nice hand made cork coasters.  And 2 un-used Canadian ESB colouring books.
The coasters work great. nanny

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
[300]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:01 am

Nice haul Clint, way to get those coasters going!!

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:05 am

Thanks Bill. I had to try it out before the coffee mug hits it, tomorrow morning. lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:43 am

Nice coasters, didn't really get a good look at them at the event. I just gotta train my eyes to notice different things, I probably passed Canadian colouring books like those several times.  bowwing

Here's what I got at the same show, some Canadian generic card art duloks.

I usually see these for $200 ea and got the pair for $250. They were pretty low on the priority list, but at that price, I was into it.

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top