Storing & Displaying Vehicles & Playsets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Storing & Displaying Vehicles & Playsets Empty Storing & Displaying Vehicles & Playsets

Post by the89thchris Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:49 pm

I've got three boxed vehicles, (ESB Falcon, Slave 1, and Scout Walker) none of them have the inserts.

Right now I'm displaying just the boxes. I'm wondering if you guys keep em in the box or display them loose. Without the inserts, I'd just be damaging the boxes and possibly the ships by storing them in the boxes (even though that's how they were when I bought all 3).

Anyone use alternate options to support the toys in the boxes like bubble wrap? Presumably any inserts on ebay would be repro, otherwise they'd be with a box.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Storing & Displaying Vehicles & Playsets Empty Re: Storing & Displaying Vehicles & Playsets

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:32 pm

All the ships should be fine with out the inserts and won't hurt the boxes.  The only one that would benefit from some support is the AT-ST, that you're showing. The body tends to sag a bit.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Storing & Displaying Vehicles & Playsets Empty Re: Storing & Displaying Vehicles & Playsets

Post by the89thchris Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:36 pm

True. I guess if they're not moving around much then the chances of damage should be limited.

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:52 pm

I display mine loose, without the inserts as they were not included when I bought the toys,the boxes are separately displayed, I only have a few myself as well as some minirig boxed items, love the box art on the vintage toys, its a brilliant piece of art
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5918

Back to top Go down

Post by Machinegunn Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 am

Hey Chris,

Beautiful AT-ST man!

I have the same problem as you, boxed items with no inserts.

I moved a couple of years ago, and I didn't want anything to break so I cut out some card board and folded it so I could stuff the bottom corners of the box, especially in any weaker spots... I bubble wrapped all the vehicles and everybody made it just fine.

However, Clint is right, that Scout Walker is fragile and will sag a bit... I left mine in storage for a little too long and now he leans to one side... Kind of like a drunk guy trying to stand up straight, lol!
Machinegunn
Machinegunn
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 35
Focus : Anything vintage Kenner!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Yes, for protecting boxes that are empty and you don't want to store flattened out, just place something inside the box to brace it. Cut some corrugated cardboard to size, or maybe the styrofoam they use to pack electronics at retail if you have any. As long as you're careful, though, the boxes will likely be okay on their own.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Thanks for the insight guys, I'm just getting pretty deep into this stuff for someone trying to keep the collection in my home office rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top