50 Shades Of Green - The Discolouration Reference & Discussion Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

50 Shades Of Green - The Discolouration Reference & Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 50 Shades Of Green - The Discolouration Reference & Discussion Thread

Post by ourchickenshack on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Here's a Leia I just picked up which has several discoloration issues . The front half of the torso has yellowed while the back half stayed white . The limbs are light pink and the hair has transformed into that cool metallic green color ...

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/300]
[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/500]
[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/500]
[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/700]

This figure also seems to have a nipple issue of some sort  cheeky

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/600]

Not sure what the deal is - maybe a melt mark ? It is very smooth scratch

This little lady is so bad she definitely earned a spot in my "Misfits" collection What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 25279
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

50 Shades Of Green - The Discolouration Reference & Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 50 Shades Of Green - The Discolouration Reference & Discussion Thread

Post by Commander Clint on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:43 pm

The tri-fecta of discolouration. cheers

I'm guessing the nipple spot was sanded. Maybe they were testing to see how deep the discolouration went?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Yavin Honor : 20438
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 am

[200][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/200]
[150][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/150]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 8056
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Andy, That's an interesting Lando figure. I can't say that I've ever seen fungi or mold on that figure before.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Andy, That's an interesting Lando figure.  I can't say that I've ever seen fungi or mold on that figure before.

It's a strange one What a Face  I've seen mold spots on the arms of early spanish Lando's but never marks like that on the legs scratch

I acquired him from eBay because it looked like there was overspray on one of the eyebrows giving the illusion Lando had a black eye What a Face
It was also possible from the eBay pictures that someone had done it intentionally with a marker pen, however he did not have the spots on his legs when I received him several months back. I've isolated him from my other figures emperor
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing Lando the Biotransformant. Very Happy

Early PBP (Poch) figures tend to be vulnerable to fungal growth somehow. Probably due to the composition of the plastic parts which were imported from the Far East factories.
As you already indicated I also have never seen Lando's leg being affected, only the arms. Good to take precautions and isolate the figure.

Black fungus: Aspergillus niger?
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4364
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 pm

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/400]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Andy, That's a great green limb Chewy. cheers I have another Hammer Head that is turning green. I'll get some pictures of him and post them up. It's similar to the one I've already posted on page 1.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum