Variant Collecting & Discussion Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Variant Collecting & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Variant Collecting & Discussion Thread

Post by hellhippie Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 am

welcome welcome Jonathan , im a variant collector myself . my made in taiwan vader is also a lighter plastic than all other vaders i own . hmmm i wonder now if it left production like this

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Variant Collecting & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Jawa Variants?

Post by Cardnut Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:13 am

I have started collecting loose figures and have now been fortunate to pick up a few lots so have some duplicates. I knew there were variants and was curious if the figures I had were all the same or had differences. I was looking at a site that listed variants of all the figures. (highasakoit.co.uk/starwars) the examples for the Jawa's did not have the 1 example I have. If there is another site please let me know. I have attached the 2 examples I have. Differences I see are 1) Eyes look different (under maginfication it looks like just better paint work), the Hong Kong word is higher on one than the other. The cape has different colour thread (probably just a die lot for thread)

If there is anyone that wants to weigh in on these two I would love to know your thoughts.

TXI UPLOADS
Variant Collecting & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Attachment
Front 1.jpg
Logo 1.jpg
Front 2.jpg
Logo 2.jpg
Cardnut
Cardnut
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1170
Focus : Trading Cards, Loose Figures

Back to top Go down

Variant Collecting & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Variant Collecting & Discussion Thread

Post by Cardnut Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:15 am

2nd post to add cape pics. Picture does not show the thread difference very well. One appears grey and the other brown.
TXI UPLOADS
Cape 1.jpg
Cape 2.jpg
Cardnut
Cardnut
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 am

Hi David, nice Jawa's mate cheers

The highasakoit site has not been updated for over 4 years so will not show all known COO's, try Variant villain What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardnut Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestion of Variant Villain site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I went to his site and started poking around. He also suggested The Imperial Gunnery and Rebelsucm sites.

I have a feeling this could eat up a ton of time looking at all the options and possibilities for different variations.

I had actually signed up to The Imperial Gunnery site so started looking there as well. What I have been able to determine at this point is that Lili Ledi and Kenner shared the same molds for a bunch of their figures. You can't exclusively look at the CCO stamps to determine what company the figure was made for. While this Jawa shares the same COO stamp format with a Lili Ledi figure the figure itself does not have the same characteristics as a Lili Ledy one. Eyes on Lili Ledi would be almond shape and hood on cape removable.

Again if there is anyone else with info to add always welcome.

What would be interesting to find out is if there is a difference in the COO stamp depending on when in their history they were made. Example, this figure with COO stamp like "x" was produced earlier and with COO stamp like "y" was produced later.
Cardnut
Cardnut
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:52 pm

David, you can also check our own COO guide. Some of the images are still down, due to Photobucket. But you would get the idea.

Variants are a big rabbit hole to travel down. lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for Kenner vs. Lili Ledy. You can get a good idea of what to look for, from our guide as well.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardnut Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Commander Clint wrote:David, you can also check our own COO guide.  Some of the images are still down, due to Photobucket.  But you would get the idea.

Variants are a big rabbit hole to travel down. lol!

As for Kenner vs. Lili Ledy.  You can get a good idea of what to look for, from our guide as well.

Thanks @Commander Clint, and I said I didn't want to get into collecting Card Backs. What is happening to me buzzing
Cardnut
Cardnut
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by firstjedi Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 am

Not sure if this is the right spot for vehicle variations?  I'm trying to figure out if there is a known variation for the Twin Cloud Car?  I never owned one as a kid but recently picked up a couple.  I noticed that are some variations between these 2 and I'm curious if anyone can shed some light?

The brownish cloud car, has plain seats with the coo on the right.  The more orange colored cloud car has a pattern on the seats and the coo is on the left.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
firstjedi
firstjedi
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 410
Focus : loose

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am

Hey mate, this is the right spot. Not sure who best to help with vehicle variations but hopefully someone can help you with out.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Dave, I checked briefly on a couple sites, and didn't see anything. But I didn't look very long. There might be some information out there. I'll keep looking.
I'll did mine out of storage and have a look.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by firstjedi Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:02 pm

I think the plain seat design with the hole in the bottom could be Canadian, and the more detail designed seat could be elsewhere. Would like to get some more confirmation on this.
firstjedi
firstjedi
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 410
Focus : loose

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top