Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention (ICCC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention (ICCC)

Post by the89thchris on Sat May 05, 2018 2:29 pm

IC Collectors Convention

This is a convention in Nashville that's happening in September. It's being run by Michael Havens, founder of the IC facebook group. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the main FB group, there is just so much wild expensive stuff being spammed there every 5 seconds that its an assault on the senses.  rofl BUT this convention has the potential to be the most "vintage Star Wars" specific event ever.

There are plenty of "collecting track" style presentations confirmed and the vendors are being approved based on what they intend on selling. They were originally offering free tables for community groups, I assume that has filled up, but you never know. I'm going, anyone else interested?

Here's a quote from the website:

"A Convention For Collectors By Collectors
IC Collectors Convention is a convention for EVERYONE that collects Toys, from Aliens to Voltron with plenty of Star Wars mixed in!
My mission is to have the first convention ever by collectors for collectors. This means free parking, and waters that aren't 8 bucks! With a VIP area that has free food and doesn't cost a fortune, many seats for sitting to talk with friends or listen to a collectors panels. Tons of vendors, vintage toys, artists, authors, panelists, movie props, interactive activities, fun activities for kids, huge Guest Stars signing autographs, and a BAND! (It is Music City!) A Convention that will give a FREE table to costume groups, Facebook groups, or any club that grows the collecting hobby. Friday, September 14th will be the early entry for VIP only. Saturday, September 15th will be the big day for everyone! See you in September! #ICCC2018 -IC"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the89thchris
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 2656
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Re: Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention (ICCC)

Post by ChristianC on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 am

I'm not a fan of the IC as Michael allows scammers and troublemakers in his group (unless they break the rules in his group). Also not a fan of Michael and his massively inflated ego. He basically just duplicated already existing FB groups and slapped an IC logo on them. They have done well though so he's doing something right I guess.

That said, SW focussed conventions are pretty rare so I can understand why people would want to go. It does look pretty fun to be honest....
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5533
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention (ICCC)

Post by the89thchris on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

I don't know if you've seen the collecting panel announcements, but its shaping up to be just as good as celebration in that regard. Personally that's what I'm most interested in.

That and our Ontario Collectors Club as given a free community booth and ticket early on.

That said, I really don't have knowledge of any scammers that have been allowed to operate in there, and maybe I should look into that. As far as I could tell, the guy hardly shuts up about "No Repro". lol
the89thchris
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 2656
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum