Vintage-sploitation Collection: Rogue One "Imperial Assault Tank"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vintage-sploitation Collection: Rogue One "Imperial Assault Tank" Empty Vintage-sploitation Collection: Rogue One "Imperial Assault Tank"

Post by the89thchris Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:01 pm

I do pick up the odd modern item and the Vintage Collection vehicles from Hasbro tend to be pretty interesting. I wasn't collecting the first time Hasbro released this line, and that's probably for the best as there is far too much of it to be complete on, but then I saw this, quite frankly, the box art was just undeniable. rofl I love the photo on the front and the whole design.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I thought I'd snap a few pics unboxing it and setting it up with some modern and better vintage figures. Smile

It does look great with some stormtroopers around it, but it might be one of those cases where the box is much better looking than the toy itself. If this had a big main cannon, you might confuse it with a real tank. It even has treads, no hovering here.

This item is probably a pass for most of you, unless you like picking up nonsense just to take fun pictures of it like me.  rofl

Last edited by the89thchris on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Vintage-sploitation Collection: Rogue One "Imperial Assault Tank" Empty Re: Vintage-sploitation Collection: Rogue One "Imperial Assault Tank"

Post by Commander Clint Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:09 pm

I do like the Rogue One toy line. And have been tempted by it.

Great pictures. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Vintage-sploitation Collection: Rogue One "Imperial Assault Tank" Empty Re: Vintage-sploitation Collection: Rogue One "Imperial Assault Tank"

Post by Nico Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Great pics Chris rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Thanks, guys. It's pretty fun, and those canisters on the back could be useful for other dioramas/toy photography but the vehicle itself is a bit uninspiring lol great paint/weathering job though.

I just really love the photo on the front, there is even some text that says "Figures around vehicle not available for sale", that's because they used an older, super articulated stormtrooper for the photo. rofl

The 5poa Rogue One version of the stormtrooper looks a little better in my opinion, it certainly has the most screen accurate helmet to date.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:25 pm

That's a cool looking vehicle mate, great pics with all the figures, thanks for sharing
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5918

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:26 pm

The diver figure for this is still not out lol its almost like the CCP. rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:42 am

Very cool vehicle, simply love the vintage style packaging of the new vintage collection line. Very Happy

Thanks for sharing, Chris! Very Happy
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top