Unreleased Doctor Who Rose Tyler action figure prototype

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unreleased Doctor Who Rose Tyler action figure prototype Empty Unreleased Doctor Who Rose Tyler action figure prototype

Post by rosetyler2005 on Fri May 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Hello! New member here, thanks for having me.  Smile

I am in possession of a 5.5" model from Character Options' range of New Series Doctor Who action figures. It's quite possibly the rarest prototype in the entire Doctor Who range; a neutral-posed Series One Rose Tyler action figure that was never put into production due to the actress (Billie Piper)'s wishes.

There's only two prototypes in existence, both proofs to enable toy designs to be signed off by the BBC. It was given to me unboxed by the toy manufacturer in 2008.

It stands a little taller than the rest of the range, as the moulding process usually shrinks figures by around 5%. The hairpiece, head, and hands are detachable as these were sculpted separately to the body.

Would this be of interest to anyone here? Leave a comment or send me a PM. Thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rosetyler2005
rosetyler2005
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 0

Back to top Go down

Unreleased Doctor Who Rose Tyler action figure prototype Empty Re: Unreleased Doctor Who Rose Tyler action figure prototype

Post by Nico on Sat May 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Welcome welcome ,
I think I recall a Rose Tyler figure being planned and Billie Piper blocking it What a Face
Thanks for showing us cheers

I loved vintage Doctor Who when I was younger, Tom Baker was awesome rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 7921
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Unreleased Doctor Who Rose Tyler action figure prototype Empty Re: Unreleased Doctor Who Rose Tyler action figure prototype

Post by the89thchris on Wed May 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Welcome aboard. Not my thing, but at least it's in the right section. (Unless one of you moved it here rofl )
the89thchris
the89thchris
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 3930
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum