Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by jawa.57 Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:26 pm

thanks, yes, one again but it's not last
jawa.57
jawa.57
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1297
Focus : all vintage star wars

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by TishomingoSith Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Ryan, that's a fantastic score.  Well done. clapping

It must be tough to beat those vultures from Enid, OK, to the good stuff. lol!  rofl

Did the Falcon chair arrive yet?

Yes, I forgot to let you know. THANK YOU! My Falcon is now 100% complete, minus 3-4 stickers. Looks great! I just need to clean it up a bit but it looks great now Smile
TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:26 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:Living in Oklahoma, southern Oklahoma none the less... we don't find too many exciting finds outside a loose figure every now and than at a garage sale with no weapon (wish Kenner was located in Dallas instead of Cincy! lol)

But FINALLY, I got a message from a guy who had a lot to unload from his BIL who had passed away. When I showed up and paid what he was asking, I was shocked with my find. A few LAST 17, nearly the whole EWOKS line and several Droids figure, including both Fromm's! 100 in total. NFS!!!!

PS: no coins but all have their correct weapons. The MOCs are beaters (Cloud City pilot is decent).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is seriously awesome Shocked Congrats for the great score! Smile
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:27 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:Yes, I forgot to let you know. THANK YOU! My Falcon is now 100% complete, minus 3-4 stickers. Looks great! I just need to clean it up a bit but it looks great now Smile

That's awesome. You'll have to show us some pictures when it's all cleaned up and ready to show off. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:40 pm

A nice polish Tie Pilot bootleg I've received recently :

Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:01 am

Nicolas, that's awesome. cheers I had to take a second look, because I thought it was a regular TFP.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by TishomingoSith Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:05 am

The Polish Boba I picked up from Johnpaul has really made me want to collect more of those figures, such an awesome history. Of course, it's all depending on wants and needs lol. Having no $$$ changes your plans a bit Smile
TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by TishomingoSith Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:07 am

Commander Clint wrote:
TishomingoSith wrote:Yes, I forgot to let you know. THANK YOU! My Falcon is now 100% complete, minus 3-4 stickers. Looks great! I just need to clean it up a bit but it looks great now Smile

That's awesome.  You'll have to show us some pictures when it's all cleaned up and ready to show off. cheers

Will do! I actually had old GI Joe stickers on her (Cobra stickers mainly), lol. Has some wear on it from being played with outside. How I managed to keep up with the training ball, I have no idea.
TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:16 am

Nicholas, great Tie pilot bootleg mate, nice pick up cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:35 am

Great new pick ups ... thats some haul

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 pm

god I hate ewoks , nonetheless its another cool variant off the list

Ledy Logray just arrived today Neutral Rolling Eyes

hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Nice one Bill, another one off the list mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 am

Are you all getting these foreign variants and bootlegs from eBay?

Anyone using a specific FB group and finding it useful?
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 am

Well done Bill. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:04 am

Nico wrote:Nicholas, great Tie pilot bootleg mate, nice pick up cheers

Commander Clint wrote:Nicolas, that's awesome. cheers   I had to take a second look, because I thought it was a regular TFP.

Thanks guys Smile
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:05 am

TishomingoSith wrote:The Polish Boba I picked up from Johnpaul has really made me want to collect more of those figures, such an awesome history. Of course, it's all depending on wants and needs lol. Having no $$$ changes your plans a bit Smile

I would love to get more, but if I was listening to myself I'll end up with more focus than my wallet could handle  lol! The eastern european bootlegs are a really interesting thing to learn about. Some of these polish bootlegs are quite cheap though, some other are really expensive. I have no idea why such a difference as I don't know enough about the topic. Got the Tie Pilot from Germany for 35€ including shipping which I've found more than reasonable.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:09 am

the89thchris wrote:Are you all getting these foreign variants and bootlegs from eBay?

Anyone using a specific FB group and finding it useful?

I don't use FB so I can't tell you about how things are going there. There are a few bootlegs on Ebay but (as it is often the case on Ebay) prices are crazy.

Be careful with the mexican bootlegs, there are a few sellers on Ebay who claim to sell "vintage mexican bootlegs" but these items are in fact the current cheap bootlegs you can find nowadays on flea markets in Mexico for a few $$. I'm not even sure if these are actually made in Mexico or in China. Some of them look nice and I would get the Tie Pilots just for the fun of adding weird stuff in my collection... except they are sold for $15 or something (+ shipping costs from Mexico to Europe) when the seller probably have bought them for $3/piece in a mexican street.

Anyone going on holidays to Mexico who would get me a few of these? lol!
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:55 am

It's funny, they just look like a slightly out of focus version off the real thing lol second gen copy degradation.. entropy wins again lol

I don't really see the appeal. Although, if I had a collection as big as most of you guys, I might start looking into those realms.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:29 am

the89thchris wrote:It's funny, they just look like a slightly out of focus version off the real thing lol second gen copy degradation.. entropy wins again lol

I don't really see the appeal. Although, if I had a collection as big as most of you guys, I might start looking into those realms.

If I'm not wrong, I think most of the eastern-european bootlegs were casted from molds made by casting original Kenner figures, so the result is most of the time ugly and misformed lol! Seems paint applications were made in the dark as well  Laughing Some of the earliest bootlegs were even casted into a single piece without point of articulations. A lot of mistakes were made, the polish and turkish Tie Pilots were made using the AT-AT Driver mold for example. And painting schemes/colours for the same figure can differ a lot as well, as it seems they were painting them with what they could find on the moment.

Most of the hungarian, polish and turkish "Uzay" bootlegs are from the 80's, back when these countries from the communist block didn't have access to the american evil  Kenner figures  angryfire ! These are considered "vintage bootlegs" as some of them are from the early 80s and were made during the years surrounding the release of ROTJ movie and Kenner Trilogo and POTF figures. The appeal is more historic than aesthetic, a bit like the bootlegs of rock'n roll records people in USSR were making by making copies of vinyls records onto used medical radiography sheets.

Now the recent mexican bootlegs you can find at the moment on ebay are impossible to date. The same are made since the late 90s I think (some sellers even have bootlegs figures of The Force Awakens characters, so that can be a clue to tell how recent those items are). Those cheap flea market figures should actually be called "knock-offs" rather than "bootlegs" anyways, since they are only copies of available figures. Whereas the eastern european bootlegs were copies of figures people couldn't get.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 am

My latest pick up LL Chewbacca with green pouch (second from right) yay
from left to right it is a HK brown pouch, HK green iridescent pouch, PBP dark Brown pouch, LL green pouch and LL Grey pouch

Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:37 am

Nice Ledy Chewie Dirk clapping And great comparison shot of different colour pouches mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:38 am

nice chewies . great picture

as for bootlegs there has always been one that id love to own . the wojny polish tusken raider that ive seen in wolfs limelight .. super cool but I have a tusken raider fetish so I might be looking through rose colored glasses . I stay away from bootlegs though they are cool to see other people nab em
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Dirk, that's a fantastic pick up. Well done. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 am

Dirk - nice chewies you should stick that on the library thread buddy for fellow chewie focus collectors Smile
bill - nice logray buddy. easy to get?
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37 am

Yeah logray is pretty easy to find as far as ledy goes Chris

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top