Chilling with Kenneth B

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chilling with Kenneth B Empty Chilling with Kenneth B

Post by psybertech Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:45 pm

As some of you may know, I attended Celebration 7 at Anaheim and had shared a room with Kenneth B.  Suspect

I have known and chatted with Kenneth for the past couple of years here and there online and considered him a friend and figured it would be cool to room with him to save costs.

Knowing someone online can often be different when you meet them in real life. You really never know.
In this case it was the same, he was different...... He was cooler and nicer than I thought! haha!  rockon

I just wanted to say that I had a blast with him and was not far off in my impressions of his online conversations  I had with him and then real life. I didn't think it would be bad, but didn't expect it to be better.  afro

He is a top notch guy and I am so happy I decided to room with him. 

I think we had a good time. Kenneth may disagree, but I did for sure! tongue

For anyone that is hesitant about meeting someone you "know" online, and especially to take the plunge to room with a stranger, I say go for it.
Kenneth was very much like he is online, but in person, I don't know how to explain this, he was just better than I could have hoped for.

I think I made a real friend for life for sure.

Anyway... I just had to post that after spending a good portion of a week with him!

cheers!
J
Very Happy

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1875
Focus : Leia Bespin

http://leia.bespin.info/

Back to top Go down

Chilling with Kenneth B Empty Re: Chilling with Kenneth B

Post by Commander Clint Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:37 pm

That's fantastic. Glad to hear everything went well with Kenneth. Did you guys meet up with Christian at all?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Commander Clint wrote:That's fantastic.  Glad to hear everything went well with Kenneth.  Did you guys meet up with Christian at all?
Sure did!
It took a day or so, but finally met up with him. Another great guy!
Unfortunately we didn't have any beers, but I hope next time for sure!!!

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1875
Focus : Leia Bespin

http://leia.bespin.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Great to hear Jay cheers

I don't know Kenneth very well but I have always thought he seemed to be a very honest and kind person - generally all I really need to know about someone to consider them a friend Very Happy
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:00 am

Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Kenneth.
I had the pleasure to spend a few days with Kenneth during CE2, and I have the same experience. He is a very gentle and friendly guy,

Meeting fellow collectors in real life has always been a very rewarding experience.
Looking forward seeing a lot of you guys in London next year during CE3! cheers

Cheers
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:03 pm

I have known Kenneth for many years, and we always hang out at the conventions in Sweden and Denmark, we also traveled to JediCon in Düsseldorf together last year. Agree he's a great guy, even though is from Copenhagen (joking here, Kenneth will get the joke).

He also visited me in the summer holiday, were we had good food, several beer and he sold me some nice Poch and PBP figures + gaver me a couple for free (Poch + Kenner), actually he came up with some suggestions to make my collecting room better than it was before. Looking forward to your next visit my friend, so you can see the changes irl, other are welcome to of cause, and there are almost allways porter, stout and ale in the house.
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 220
Focus : loose variations (Kenner and foreign licensed)

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:52 pm

It is so cool to hear you guys had a great time, I am positive the guys I have come to know would be very much the same in person kind and caring if not a wee bit strange Jim and Alex lol I do love ya bro's Smile. If anyone gets a chance to see Alex's vids watch them they are great. I have met lots of people online some I consider extended family even though we never met sometimes you just have a feeling about people for me I am like James if they are an honest and kind person on line chances are that's how they are in person.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum