Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 4 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by hellhippie Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:17 pm

I agree

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 4 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:26 pm

THERE'S ANDY cheers

WELCOME BRO welcome

The site does have a bit of TIG feel to it but that is because we have used the same Forum Motion set up (did I say that right guys ?) .

However , thanks a ton of background work by our resident tech-spert it has been heavily modified so that it functions a bit better and has quite a bit of added features Smile

For me , it's nice that it has a familiar feel to it because I have a hard time adapting to completely different formats Smile
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:28 pm

chris.75 wrote:Here you go Andy  Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers Chris, I'll get a couple of Lando pics up tomorrow mate afro
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:33 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:THERE'S ANDY cheers

WELCOME BRO welcome

The site does have a bit of TIG feel to it but that is because we have used the same Forum Motion set up (did I say that right guys ?) .

However , thanks a ton of background work by our resident tech-spert it has been heavily modified so that it functions a bit better and has quite a bit of added features Smile

For me , it's nice that it has a familiar feel to it because I have a hard time adapting to completely different formats  Smile

Thank you brother cheers First impressions, you guys have done a great job clapping Looking foreward to finding my way around and getting involved afro
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:34 pm

For all the new members.  We are hoping to get some feedback, not just on how the forum functions & feels, but also on the content!

What do you think of the COO guides with the zoom functions?  Does that work, or do you need something better or different?  We have a advanced guide in the works, but will need some help filling in the gaps.

What do you think of the Library cards?  Remember, they are a work in progress.  So, as more information is gathered from MOC, Focus, Loose collectors, then it will be added to the cards.  Hopefully with lots of high quality pictures and links to other areas. popcorn

What content would do you want to see added?  Coins, Trading Cards, Card backs, More Odd stuff, etc...???

Will you be able to give a helping hand with creating a section of your interest (focus)?

Don't be shy,  shout it out! stick
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:15 am

I guess to answer some of these it'd be better to understand what this place intends to be. I'll be honest I first thought this was tIG mkII, and I still don't understand how TIG will continue but or why it couldn't evolve but I'll leave that for now.

Some of the things you're talking about would be great but fall into theswca realm. One of the things that frustrates me about theswca is the lack of photos and content in places. It's an awesome resource but is possibly too unmanageable with too few staff? I don't know exactly.

I'd like to be able to click on a link, for example, Sigma. Then have sub categories, then photos with content of all of the sigma licensed products. I don't need it separated out by Country, if a mug was released in USA, Europe, UK then it could just be stated on one page.

I'd also like to be able to click on link such as Palitoy 41b R5D4. How easy are they to get? Prices would probably be unrealistic to put on but I'd like to know if there's an abundance or if they're tricky. Take the 20/21 backs. Is R5 known to be available on all letters? If so, which should I ignore for now and which should I throw everything at as there's far fewer?
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:07 pm

richard_h wrote:I guess to answer some of these it'd be better to understand what this place intends to be.  I'll be honest I first thought this was tIG mkII, and I still don't understand how TIG will continue but or why it couldn't evolve but I'll leave that for now.

Some of the things you're talking about would be great but fall into theswca realm.  One of the things that frustrates me about theswca is the lack of photos and content in places.  It's an awesome resource but is possibly too unmanageable with too few staff?  I don't know exactly.

I'd like to be able to click on a link, for example, Sigma.  Then have sub categories, then photos with content of all of the sigma licensed products.  I don't need it separated out by Country, if a mug was released in USA, Europe, UK then it could just be stated on one page.  

I'd also like to be able to click on  link such as Palitoy 41b R5D4.  How easy are they to get?  Prices would probably be unrealistic to put on but I'd like to know if there's an abundance or if they're tricky.  Take the 20/21 backs.  Is R5 known to be available on all letters?  If so, which should I ignore for now and which should I throw everything at as there's far fewer?

Thanks for your feedback Rich. I guess it will always have the TIG influence, with so many having been regulars there. Plus as James said, we are using the same forum motion setup. That said, the databases we will be offering will be something unseen on any site and we will also be drawing members from all across the collecting world, not just TIG, as you can see already from the huge mix of people we have invited as previewers. Hopefully you guys will all stick around of course.

I like your thoughts on the databases. We need to hear everyone's thoughts on what they would like from our forum so thanks. We're slowly working on these and they are really only in their infancy at the moment. We do really believe though that the finished product will be a great resource for all collectors and that they will be easy to access and navigate.

Thanks mate,
Christian
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:53 pm

richard_h wrote:I guess to answer some of these it'd be better to understand what this place intends to be.  I'll be honest I first thought this was tIG mkII, and I still don't understand how TIG will continue but or why it couldn't evolve but I'll leave that for now.

Some of the things you're talking about would be great but fall into theswca realm.  One of the things that frustrates me about theswca is the lack of photos and content in places.  It's an awesome resource but is possibly too unmanageable with too few staff?  I don't know exactly.

I'd like to be able to click on a link, for example, Sigma.  Then have sub categories, then photos with content of all of the sigma licensed products.  I don't need it separated out by Country, if a mug was released in USA, Europe, UK then it could just be stated on one page.  

I'd also like to be able to click on  link such as Palitoy 41b R5D4.  How easy are they to get?  Prices would probably be unrealistic to put on but I'd like to know if there's an abundance or if they're tricky.  Take the 20/21 backs.  Is R5 known to be available on all letters?  If so, which should I ignore for now and which should I throw everything at as there's far fewer?

Hey Richard, great questions.

Firstly, I mentioned to the mod's about speaking with you, for a future podcast episode.  We are still debating who would like to do it.  So we will have to get back to you on that.  We will try and pick the best speaker amongst us. Very Happy  

I think it feels like TIG  mark II, because that is where most of the mods came from and as James said a couple of posts back, we are using the same forum software platform.  TIG is where most of us were able to figure out the ins and outs of our particular fields of interest.
We decided early on, that we are not going to compete with the other forums & web sites and there strengths (ie, TIG's weapon guides).  We will re-direct them to the best resource of information as required.

One of things that we also notice that is missing from a lot of the different forums, is a nice clean "all encompassing" library with high quality pictures.

Hopefully we can achieve that goal, but we need help from the members.  We need everyone's help, MOC, Focus, Baggies, Loose, Odd, Boxed items, playsets, etc., to achieve a complete Library card entry.  It's going to take some time, because everyone is busy and this is a hobby after all.

Here is our R5-D4 entry

And here is our Princess Leia -Bespin Gown card from our focus collector Jay.  But still not entirely complete.  Jay doesn't mention which MOC's are the hardest to get, but that's a great idea to try and make notes on them.  And the only way to do that is to have help from the collecting community.  For example, I can help Jay with some of my Canadian card backs, I just need some time to get some pictures taken and uploaded to discussion thread.  I have Canadian 31B & 41B card backs to add.

The Leia Bespin library card is what we are wanting to achieve for every single figure.
We have notice that the link to the discussion topic is not working, so it will have to be fixed. What a Face

Richard, I hope this helps a little bit.

edit, looks like Christian beat me to a response cheers

Last edited by Commander Clint on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Great answers guys that ties things a bit better for me and clarifies what you're trying to do.

Cheers
Rich
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
And here is our Princess Leia -Bespin Gown card from our focus collector Jay.  But still not entirely complete.   And the only way to do that is to have help from the collecting community.  For example, I can help Jay with some of my Canadian card backs, I just need some time to get some pictures taken and uploaded to discussion thread.  I have Canadian 31B & 41B card backs to add.

I have the Canadian 31A, and several other Canadian cardback MOC's. If it can wait until after Christmas, I can take shots of some of mine that are needed for the board. My SW room doubles as Xmas gift hiding spot, as it's the one room in the house with a separate lock that only I have a key for, so right now it's hard to access my MOC's. Wink

In fact, since we're on the topic, I have a list of what I own. Fair warning, some have been autographed (all in person with me present, so they're all legit), and that was done in my younger days, so I don't know if that'll make those less desirable as reference pieces. Let me know what you guys need as far as Canadian cardbacks go.

12A

Ben Kenobi
Tusken Raider (autographed)
used to have R2-D2, but had to sell it last spring Sad

12B

Chewbacca (autographed)

12C (GDE)

DS Commander

12D (GDE)

Darth Vader (autographed)

20A

Snaggletooth

20B

DS Droid

31A

Leia Bespin
Luke Bespin
Bossk
White Bespin Guard

31B

FX-7

41B

2-1B
Boba Fett (autographed)

41C

Han Hoth
Snowtrooper

C-3PO (removable limbs)

Ugnaught

65A

Bib Fortuna
Nien Nunb (autographed)
Weequay

65B

Pruneface

Leia Endor
Paploo
Teebo

All the rest I have on US cards, so let me know what may be missing, and I can look to see if I have any needed.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Ian, Whenever you have a chance to take pictures of the MOC's, that's great. When you do get around to taking pictures, part of another project we want to attempt here, is to know which version of the weapons came with the figures. So a close up of the weapons would be great.
Also, a picture of the hanger tab, and the factory codes on the back of the cards. Cool
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Man that sounds awesome Ian cheers

This might be a good time to bring up that we are trying to make our library with photos that have a grey background for consistency . If you can do that that would be even better but , if not , we would still appreciate anything that you are willing to contribute bowwing
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:16 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Ian, Whenever you have a chance to take pictures of the MOC's, that's great. When you do get around to taking pictures, part of another project we want to attempt here, is to know which version of the weapons came with the figures. So a close up of the weapons would be great.
Also, a picture of the hanger tab, and the factory codes on the back of the cards. Cool

Got it. Maybe send me the full list of what you want in a PM, so I can easily retrieve it when the time comes, so I am not digging around this thread looking for it.

ourchickenshack wrote:Man that sounds awesome Ian cheers

This might be a good time to bring up that we are trying to make our library with photos that have a grey background for consistency . If you can do that that would be even better but , if not , we would still appreciate anything that you are willing to contribute bowwing

I`ve seen the grey background. I don`t have anything that matches that, unfortunately, but I take pics of things on a white blanket. Should be easy to replace that with photoshop I would imagine (which is one thing I can`t do, as I don`t currently have a working photo editing software program).

I also noticed you guys have no Droids or Ewoks figures yet. While my carded ones were sold a few months ago (still crying about that pale ), I still have all of them loose and complete. Well, except Vlix, lol.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:08 pm

emperorburns wrote:I dont mean to list a pile of complaints.im just trying to say what i think would help and its gona take a while to get used to this forum.im the worst for tech.but at the bottom where it has next page or previous page.would it not help to have a last button.if a topic goes on gor hundreds of pages it would save time to skip to the last page rather than one at a time.

Just discovered something so using this screen shot:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

See the little sheet of paper next to the username with the downward arrow? If you click that it takes you to the last page of the thread where you clicked that arrow. Not really easy and I haven't checked to see if the desktop is the same but that is on the iPad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:27 pm

We discussed the library being locked, but other sections are also?  I just went to the tantive initiative section to see if a thread could be created for customs and members can't even create their own threads there either?  Is t going to stay that way?

Appears every action is that way so vintage chat is also?

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:38 pm

trappedtexan wrote:We discussed the library being locked, but other sections are also?  I just went to the tantive initiative section to see if a thread could be created for customs and members can't even create their own threads there either?  Is t going to stay that way?

No we definitely want people to be able to start new threads and / or contribute to threads in all sections but the actual Library . There must be some small glitch or a setting that needs to be changed by one of the smart guys What a Face

I'll be sure to draw one of the brainiacs to this issue Bryan - thank you for pointing it out cheers A huge part of why we asked all you guys to preview and help us out was to work out the glitches - keep in mind that the way we see the forum and the way it functions is a bit different for us as "mods" and we may miss a lot of things that act or look differently for members What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:43 pm

I wondered why Clint had to set up larry's costume thread. I hadn't tried to start a new topic since the day I posted in the library (which was a no no, but you know me lol! )

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 am

trappedtexan wrote:We discussed the library being locked, but other sections are also?  I just went to the tantive initiative section to see if a thread could be created for customs and members can't even create their own threads there either?  Is t going to stay that way?

Hi Bryan,

Accidently the permissions were set in such a way that members could only reply to existing topics but could not create their own. This has been fixed on the spot.

Thanks for pointing this out to us! Very Happy

Please let us know whether it works for you now.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:58 am

Great stuff pointing this out Bryan! We need to get you on the Tantive payroll with the amount of feedback you are giving us!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Hallo Tantive XI Team first I want to stress that I'm really satisfied about what I already found here. drunken Kind of Paradies for the variant collectors what is going to grow in the Library. Well but that is not what you are actually heading for. You guys are looking for some more Input to even make things better. Wink
Well I really like the Library as it is structured but you are going up a tree splitting from branch to branch, ending at a charakter in the COO guide or the Kenner/ Lili Ledy/ poch-pbp guide. So there is only one way to move (forward) - it is not possible to "jump" to another brunch without going back to the junction. For me it would be also interesting to have the possibility to start right from the other side. This means looking maybe for Leia Bespin and see how many Ends go down there - so to speak ending at the roots. I see this could make things quite difficult and I'm not very expirienced in this stuff, but you probably see what I mean. Maybe it would be useful to have shortcuts - for example a link to the Bespin Leia COO Guide when I'm actually in the Lili Ledy Leia Bespin End, just for quick comparision with all Leia Bespin connected ends.
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Dirk

The Leia Bespin library card is what we are wanting to achieve for every single figure. From this card, you should be able to jump to every section, when it's done. And we should be able to add links back to this page as well.
We have notice that the link to the discussion topic is not working, so it will have to be fixed. What a Face

Hope this helps
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 pm

That's awesome cheers
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Dirk, I've notice you using the new picture file upload system.  How do you like it?  Is it easy to use?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:09 pm

It is pretty easy I think, but I won't see the pic in the preview only after sending
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Akial wrote:It is pretty easy I think, but I won't see the pic in the preview only after sending

I noticed that issue, when I was creating the tutorial. Hopefully the mechanics can fine tune it some more. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top