The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 12 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:43 pm

richrd_h wrote: [700][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]

Cool catalog cheers

The Death Squad Commander arms and legs are definitely from a Fisher Price Adventure people figure What a Face

The Jawa might be too but I can't see it well enough to tell  ...

[800][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/800]

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 12 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by cantina_patron Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks Rich. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Good spot James clapping
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On this months show Stuart and Jez chat to Jesse Cedar Soberman about his collecting habits through the years, whilst they take a look at Jesse's obsession with the 3 packs.

Richard presents four stories during Rebel Briefings, looking at updates to current affairs from Grading Toni's to the neverending battles.

In the New Acquisitions section Jez is delighted to announce that The Vintage Rebellion Alliance has recruited another collecting legend; Ron Salvatore. The lads cover a plethora of vintage purchases shown off on the forums and Facebook groups. Items range from some fun vintage stickers to the Diecast Tie Bomber. Collectors returning from the wilderness and others completing their loose run. The section ends with an indepth discussion of the AT-ST Scout Walker. Oh and Jez comes up with a concept for a new Facebook group, cuz we all need another one of those!

Simon and Richard attempt to win a Gimcrack badge in Market this month and beat other submissions from listeners. Previous winners Jez and Stuart are conscious to not rest on their laurels.

This month sees the introduction of The Senate. There's a healthy debate between JohnPaul Ragusa, Ian Cowley, Todd Osborn and Mark Baker about everyones love-to-hate topic, Toy Tonis. Listen in for some well though out arguements enlightened thinking on the subject.

There is also a review of recent events the team have attended, Richard takes us through a look at the Echo Live event including some short chats with other attendees, whilst Stuart, Pete, Jez and Simon review their trip over to Belgium to attend the FACTs event.

All this plus much much more including a usual dose of whining from Jez.

Enjoy the show!!!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm going to listen to it now!
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:36 pm

I'll download the episode now, so I can listen to it, first thing in the morning. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:56 am

That was an enjoyable and informative episode Rich. clapping
It was also nice to hear some of our friends mentioned (Alex, Cint & Andy) and hear Ian's views on what to do about Toy Toni's.
I strongly recommend that those of you who have not listned to these podcasts to give them a go. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks Steve - it was an interesting debate, I know Simon was bitterly disappointed with the sound gremlins which meant that a good half hour had to be chopped :-(
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:15 pm

Some great topics covered this month, after the discussion on the AT-ST it reminds me of what an awesome vehicle it is and makes me want to get one for my collection Very Happy
 I enjoyed the interview with the very enthusiastic '3 pack guy' clapping
Look foreward to more Senate debates and the quiz was a good laugh as always cheers
Great to hear some of the forum guys getting a mention, I am also taking more interest in Gimcrack these days bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Episode 42 review

It sounds like the team’s trip to “FACT’s” in Belgium, was a lot of fun.  From the adventures in driving, to walking through the forests, to the cosplay costumes, and the great deals on vintage toys.

Pete’s quiz on food & food scenes was fantastic.  That was one of the better quizzes that I’ve heard in a while.  Sorry Simon.   lol!
It was great that you linked the game to the “Star Wars Tracker” & the top prices.

Speaking of the “Star Wars Tracker” app.  They have some new features.  Including uploading pictures of your own collection in the portfolio section.  And the top five format in the market highlights.

I can’t believe that Vectis Auction’s is still having software issues.  Like the boys on the podcast said, the software should have been tested before being put into use.

I’m not sure if the idea of “Battles” started on Facebook.  I’ve seen it before on another website.  The idea of selling raffle tickets, on a collectable that previously the seller couldn’t sell for the price they wanted, is just a bad idea.  Praying on the addictive personalities of collectors wanting to get a high priced item, for a fraction of the price.  I personally participated in one of these “raffles”, but very quickly realized what the seller was doing, and why.  All this is doing, is raising the prices on items, that have probably hit their peak price.

I enjoyed the interview with Jessie Cedar Soberman and hearing about his collecting adventures and collecting “3 packs”.  It would be something to see a full set of 16 of the “3 packs” in person.  I have been lucky enough to see some of the hardest to find collectables in person at C6 & C8 in Orlando.  But I can’t remember if there was any 3 packs there.

Newest Acquisitions.

I really enjoyed listening to Ron Salvatore explain about the Diecast Tie Bomber.  According to Ron, it was not exclusive to any particular retailer, and was a limited run.  Cancelled in 1980 -1981.

Congrats to Spoons, on the bulk lot of Bounty Hunter Logs, comics, Palitoy poster and all the other goodies in the lot.

The PBP Death Squad Commander pick up by Fabrice (jawa.57) was a fantastic item.

Congrats to “Gorneesh” on the IG-88 & the Han Carbonite.  I don’t think that I’ve every noticed if he has eyebrows or not.  There doesn’t seem to be painted eyebrows on mine, just molded as part of the head sculpt.

I don’t remember who got the AT-ST, but the discussion on the vehicle was awesome.  Here is a screen shot of the AT-ST in the Hoth scene from ESB.  The Hoth battle is my favourite scene. cheers

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

I never had one as a kid, but picked up a Canadian version as an adult collector.  This is one of my favourite vehicles.  Here is a couple pictures of mine.

Another one of my favourite AT-ST toys, is the Structors wind up model.

I liked this month’s song, Padme by Randy Turnbow.  Interesting mashup.

The new segment called “Senate Debate”  was very interesting, even with the technical difficulties.  That was a very eclectic bunch of “senators”.  Mark Baker, Todd Osborn, Ian Cowley, & JohnPaul Ragusa .
The discussion revolved around “Toy Toni’s” and if they have a place in the hobby.  Both teams presented information for and against.

Earlier in the podcast, the team discussed CAS, and it’s new grading of the TT’s.
I laughed at someone giving a shout out to our very own Alex Magraw aka General Kahn, the Bespin Luke nut job, as they put it.   lol!

Here is our thread about what should we do with TT’s?

This month’s Gimcracker submissions where awesome.
Let’s keep the fun going.  Feel free to post your submissions here.

Thanks again guys for another great show.  Keep up the great work.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:17 pm

EPISODE 43 : To Newboldly Go Where No Fantha Has Gone Before!

The boys are back for the final normal structured podcast of 2017. Mark Newbold joins Stuart and Richard to discuss his new project Fantha Tracks, he also discusses Comics and toothbrushes, whilst also revealing stories from the stars of movies.

In the New Acquisitions section, Lee Bullock stops by to talk about his boxed Lili Ledy large size action figure Jawa. The lads discuss a variety of vintage gems and are joined by Ron Salvatore as part of The Vintage Rebellion Alliance whilst covering the very underrated Y-Wing Fighter (not bomber).

In this months Rebel Briefings, Richard takes a look at the Mr Klimko auction, gives us an update on Carl Cunnigham whilst taking a look at Empire Day and David Prowse's last outing.

Simon's Senate return, and this month he's nailed his sound. This month he is joined by Stephen Savory, Dan Tearle and Steve Magill as they delve into a Custom debate.

Pete takes a look at the Market whilst also bringing us Gimcrack of the month.

All this plus other gems, makes this another not to be missed edition of The Vintage Rebellion.

Enjoy the Show!!!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Nice one Rich, I'll start giving it a listen now mate rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Awesome.  Gives me something to listen too, on Monday morning. clapping

I particularly interested to see where the custom debate goes. scratch
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Well, your customs practices are pretty unimpeachable, Clint. lol!

I doubt it will get too rowdy. If you really think about it, there are so many beater figures out there that every current collector could have 10 of each and the market value should be unaffected. Someone should do a census. rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Recording another tonight too. The customs debate was quite surprising as I agreed with the comments above.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:05 pm

richard_h wrote:Recording another tonight too.  The customs debate was quite surprising as I agreed with the comments above.

I actually just finished listening to the current episode.  It was interesting to hear all the views, and really enjoyed the senate debate on customs.  With the current technology, and the ability to either 3D print or cast our own parts should drastically reduce the number of vintage figures being used for customs.  I have to agree with whom ever said, "you have to do this for your own enjoyment".  You can't look at it as a way to make money.  That's why I always make 2 of each figure that I create.  One for myself and one to trade or give away.  We are also lucky to have some very talented customizers on the TXI forum. cheers

You can check them out here.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:33 pm

***** The 4th Holiday Special NOW LIVE *****

The final podcast of 2017 from The Vintage Rebellion is full of festive cheer as we throw the format out the window and chat about all things Star Wars.

With a new movie released the boys discuss The Last Jedi, so if you haven't seen it yet beware there will be spoilers. We also hear from Michael Cooper, Jason Smith, Darren Quinn, Rob Marsh, Steve Savory, Corey Galal, Carl Dennis and Daniel Burgess on their initial reactions to the movie.

The boys take a fond look at some of the events they've attended this year from Celebration and Farthest Froms to Empire Day and Echo Live, and who can forget the FACTs trip!!! Steve Savory acts as The Vintage Rebellion roaming reporter as he talks to star of the screen in live interviews from Wantage Comic Con.

Stuart hosts a three part quiz over the course of the show to see who really is the second best man on the podcast after himself. It will surprise you who finishes in last place, or probably not actually.

The team recollect the last 12 months of The podcast, as they look at the changes that have taken place as well as each member reflecting on their personal sections.

Jez recollects fond memories of his magnificent achievement as The Running Stormtrooper during 2017, including some unheard footage.

The team also take a look at their personal collecting journeys from the year and where they hope their collecting goes in 2018.

Shawn Moynihan joins up with Pete to create The Vintage Rebellion 12 days of Star Wars Christmas, something joyous to look out for during the show.

As well as all this we have plenty of chitter chatter, randomness and festive music for you to enjoy over the Christmas period.

We here at The Vintage Rebellion would like to wish each and every one of our listeners a stonking Christmas and a wonderful and healthy New Year.

Thank you for all your support, here's to the next 12 months!!!

Enjoy the Show!!

See you in 2018!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'll look forward to listening to it! Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:27 pm

I saw that you guys posted that, it will be great for my considerable drive to my parent's home for Christmas.

TVR feels like it really hit a stride lately, and the effort that's been put into the show this month alone is just crazy. All the best to you and the crew, Rich!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by the89thchris on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Thanks Richard.  I'll have to listen to it, but not untill I see TLJ. cheers

I hope all of you have a fantastic Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 pm

If there are any Fanzine's left, I would love to have one.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:31 pm

I meant to ask about that too but I assumed they’d be cleaned out lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 pm

We have a few left. PM Pete - I'll give him a nudge
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by naughtyjedi Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Got a few zines with tapes left.

send £3 + £1.50 posting to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] F&F
put your address into the paypal message

the postage cost is the tape as i pack it well..
naughtyjedi
naughtyjedi
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks Richard & Pete, I'll send the information & payment in a few minutes. yay
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top