The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 6 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by the89thchris Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:39 am

Interesting. I haven't been following it over there.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 6 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:22 pm

The Vintage Rebellion's first show of 2017 starts off with a podcast that is jammed full of guests. The team remembers Carrie Fisher and discuss when they each got to meet the Princess, and then later in the show select their favourite Princess Leia moments.

Stuart, Grant and Rich are joined by collecting illumanti, Ron Salvatore, for this months main interview. Ron discusses a number of topics, from why he collects to Kenner shop displays. His knowledge is testament to the years of work he has put into the hobby.

In this months 'Beyond The Toys', Grant is joined by former guests, Mark Daniels and Craig Spivey to discuss a project they have been working on alongside Maped Helix, an exciting time as Helix have agreed to work alongside the three of them and produce a 40th Anniversary line with a nod to the Vintage items.

Rebel Briefings sees Rich bring you three interviews as he chats to PBP/Poch : Made in Spain Comprehensive Catalog author Javier Ruilopez, talks Top Toys with Stefan Callaer and chats with Brian Rachfal about his hunt for a certain item. As well as a couple of other items, Jez also reveals information about the 'Running Stormtroopers' newest challenge.

Pete is joined by Jared Cope for this months Market section as they look at 2016 prices and trends using the fantastic Star Wars Tracker.

And finally Jez brings us a host of goodies in Newest Acquisitions as he looks at a £10 MOC, trainers, 65 back Jawas amongst many other things, and you can all hold Jez accountable for significant price hikes in the Rebel Transport as he clearly articulates why it's the best ship in the toy range!!

Happy New Year.

Enjoy the Show.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 57470?mt=2
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:53 pm

Haha, I just started listening to it. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:09 am

Such a gigantic podcast. Great production value with that opening audio work! clapping

Who would have thought there would be yet another deeply interesting rocket firing Fett story, and that reward is something else.

I'm sure I'll finish it by sometime this week lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks Chris - they're hard work but worth it.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:56 am

Catching up on my podcasts and am halfway through the episode (it's six and a half hours long!) with Marco J and Ozio. Fantastic stuff so far as usual.

Was stoked to finally hear the Tantive guys get talk about Ledy stuff, which is really one of my knowledge weak points. I learnt a massive amount from both guys. Ozio was spitting out facts like a machine and it was great to see Marco at one point even asking Ozio a bunch of questions. Typically modest Marco! I didn't know the background story to the Black Wampa either. Hilarious! Great questions from Stu too to get the conversation cranking. I honestly believe that good interview questions can make or break an interview.

Nice work Marco and Ozio and thanks for representing Tantive so well!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:35 am

Yep that was a great episode and I think I was indirectly mentioned in the feedback lol yus rockon
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Currently listening the Episode 30, only a bit in but the Bullseye comp/skit is great stuff guys(I used to watch that tv show Very Happy ), made me laugh cheers
Any members who have not tried these podcasts should defo give it a go, very entertaining and I've learnt a lot about this great hobby from listening to them Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks nico - although it's always our guests who bring the good stuff.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Finally had a listen to Episode 31. Thanks fellas, helped get me through some long train trips last weekend. Obviously you blokes always come up with the goods and this time was no different. Was great to learn a bunch about Canadian collectibles from Clint and to see him getting some credit. Unlike General Kahn, Clint's is one of the hobby's most modest and likeable collectors. Also getting some credit for those incredible droid customs was well deserved. I'm still certain Grant, Stu and Pete rigged that raffle at CE3!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Yeah those customs looked great. I didn't get a chance to look at one close up, maybe in Orlando.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Oh, and there's more Tantive XI coming up in the next episode. 33 or something now. They just all blur into one
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Thanks for the kind words Christian.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to make some more custom droids soon.

richard_h wrote:Yeah those customs looked great.  I didn't get a chance to look at one close up, maybe in Orlando.

Richard, Didn't you get one of the R4-M9 droids at CE3?  I thought all the rebellion guys got one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Hopefully we can meet up, and have a beer in Orlando.

I have listened to episode 32 a while ago.  Just been a bit busy to post a review.

I'm looking forward to episode 33 already. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:41 pm

No I didn't Clint. They guys got there's on Friday I think. I didn't arrive until Friday evening :-)

Yep - I'll be up for a beer. I'll be in a wheelchair so will need to be careful - had further ankle ops.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:11 pm

richard_h wrote:No I didn't Clint.  They guys got there's on Friday I think.  I didn't arrive until Friday evening :-)

Yep - I'll be up for a beer.  I'll be in a wheelchair so will need to be careful - had further ankle ops.

I hope the operations when well? Just take it easy and hopefully the rest of the rebellion guys can be your nurses on the trip. cheeky

I'm not sure if I have any R4-M9 parts left at the moment? I'll have another big project to finish at the moment, before I even start thinking about making some more droids.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 am

richard_h wrote:No I didn't Clint.  They guys got there's on Friday I think.  I didn't arrive until Friday evening :-)

Yep - I'll be up for a beer.  I'll be in a wheelchair so will need to be careful - had further ankle ops.

Rich I have a spare one which I'll put aside for you mate.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 am

Cheers Christian :-)
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:01 pm

The Vintage Rebellion return with another 5 hour epic and are joined by the delightful Amy Sjoberg to discuss amongst many other things, her love affair of Ewoks. Keeping on the topic of Ewoks, Pete welcomes Scott Haddow onto Market to look at the MOCwoks as they talk the Ewok MOC Market.

This months Beyond The Toys is for every Original Trilogy fanatic. Jamie Benning comes on the show to discuss his filmumentaries project. An original concept that merges film with documentary, a fresh reinvention of immersive 'making of' storytelling.

Richard welcomes GW Acrylic UK dealer, Jamie Brown onto this months Rebel Briefings as they discuss the new product line they are offering. Rebel Briefings also brings us an update on baggiegate as well as a feel good story after a collector completed a run in the most unexpected way through the generosity of a stranger.

Newest Acquisitions is full of more amazing purchases as Jez walks us through some amazing items, from a Kenner/Palitoy Zuckuss through to a Darth vader Speakerphone. Whilst Jez sells the Tantive XI forum in a passionate manner.

All this plus much more, makes this another show you'd be crazy to miss.

Enjoy the show!!!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Great stuff, look foreward to giving it a listen cheers

Richard, I hope the ankle ops are a total success and heal quickly mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey guys, long time no poster but still a TXI lurker. Everything I say about Tantive in my NA section of the podcast is entirely justified and I hope it brings you guys some extra traffic. This forum is 1st Class and people need to know about it. Thanks for doing what you guys do. Keep it up!
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Richard & Jez.  Thanks for the update.  It will give me something to listen too, at work tomorrow. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:26 am

Thanks for that Jez! Looking forward to having a listen.

About half-way through the last episode and really enjoying it. Just finished with Ron's interview and have to say it was one of the most educative podcast interviews I've had the pleasure of listening to. It was seriously Vintage Star Wars Collecting 101. Thanks to you guys and to Ron. His comments about variant collectors etc were a lot more diplomatic than the views he's expressed about them on RS....Well done Ron Smile

Great to see another TantiveXI founder being interviewed as well. Javi is an absolute legend!

Rich you cracked me up when saying to Jez "If we were the cast from Stand By Me, you'd be the kid no-one remembers." Harsh but fair.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:03 pm

I just finished listening to episode 33.  I'll try and get a proper write up on both episodes 32 & 33 this weekend.  But I really like the interview with Jamie Benning.  I've located the page with his filmumentaries, and will start watching them when I have a few minutes.
I also want to thank the Rebellion Podcast for the huge shout out to our Forum & Something Odd about Oola section, and to James (ourchickenshack) and all his hard work on the entire "gimcrack" section. yay  
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:01 am

Yeah they totally said that this was clearly the best forum lol I'm only slightly exaggerating.

Thanks for finding and linking the filmumentaries vimeo page, Clint. You have drastically increased my chances of getting through some of those lol Smile
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:20 am

Another great episode guys  bowwing

Really appreciated all the kind words about our site and the oddball section  cheers

I have become a Gimcrack addict myself  lol!

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top