The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 21 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by the89thchris Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Episode 69 should be out any day now but if you heard about anything in 68 that you'd like to see, check out the Instagram feed. Each photo has a caption relating to where it shows up in which episode. rockon

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast on Instagram
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a sample of Justin & Jen's collection, they were the main interview on Episode 68.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 21 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:32 pm

and boom.....

Funnily enough the episode number of this podcast produced zero crude jokes and innuendo's, which is surprising. Almost as much as Jason Smith returning with fellow supporting guest co-host Andrew Mr Spoons Norton.

The main interview sees Richard catch up with David Deans to discuss many things including his love of that short fused droid R5-D4.

A brazen phalanx of midland and northern flavoured hosts results in a focus on that great staple of British picnics: the Thermos - in Pete's Licensee section.

Richard warbles merrily in Rebel Briefings about Jasons cardback matrix, the forthcoming Propstore auction and poses the question from the Tantive forum about "Collecting without Buying".

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm looking forward to listening to the episode, this coming week. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:19 pm

That was another fantastic episode.

Thanks to Jason and Andrew for being this months special guests.  Both of them did a fantastic job.

Just like Jason has been helping with the US updated Kellerman matrix, and the Palitoy cardback matrix.  A few of us in Canada have been slowly working on updating the Canadian cardback matrix, by confirming a few missing entries.

The interview David Deans was fantastic.  It was great to hear about his childhood & his current collecting habits.  I won't hold it against him for focusing on R5. lol!  lol!

Pete did another fantastic job on the Thermos products.  It was nice to hear about the history and 3 different companies that produced the products.
I still have my childhood metal lunchbox for some reason.  I used it to store toys for many years.  It's not "Thermos" brand, but it's that tartan pattern that you discussed. nanny
I don't remember if it had an insulated flask to accompany it?

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Thanks again guys and keep up the great work. clapping clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:10 pm

The apocalypse is finally here. Its what we've been training for since Dawn of the Dead in the 1970s. What's your weapon of choice? OR you can stay in your house, kick off your Cuban heels, grab a relaxing beverage in your favourite mug and listen to a few hours of vintage Star Wars collecting talk.

We have handy-Andy Preston and jaunty-Jason Smith joining Richard and Peter in the hosting duties. We hear some cracking interviews from Andy's trip to Finse, Norway on his Empire Strikes Back / Hoth adventure - listen to him being gnawed on by a local Wampa. On this month's licensee section, Pete gets the guys to remember their Panini sticker collecting days, although Jason reckons the best Panini is ham and cheese, Richard fights him to the death on tripe and rhubarb. Andy and Pete watch on in horror.

Also during RB Rich and the team discuss the awesome article on Argentinian fakes found on the SWCA blog and consider the future role of auction houses.

Check out Episode 70 on Youtube:

Listen to it on Podbean:
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:16 pm

Thanks for the update Chris. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:38 pm

Yeah, that YouTube version was an exercise in madness. It may never happen again. rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:51 am

A Canadian matrix will be super cool. Really looking forward to seeing that when it is published and knowing about all the cards I'v ZERO chance of owning!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:38 pm

richard_h wrote:A Canadian matrix will be super cool.  Really looking forward to seeing that when it is published and knowing about all the cards I'v ZERO chance of owning!

Talk to your media guy.  He should be able to hook you up with a rough draft. lol!

I'm fairly sure you have have a Canadian card or two already. cheers

I think that I'm about 1/2 or 2/3 of the way thru having each card in the matrix.  But I'm competing with the likes of Jason Smith, and David Deans. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:22 am

I have one cardback :-)

Yep, those two are relentless.... wow that's good going.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 pm

The Vintage Rebellion YouTube page has some new content in case any of you quarantined folks are bored out there. Hopefully I will be able to help out getting episode 71 up in video form upon release as well.

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:19 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here, in the event that anyone is in desperate need of an hour of X-Wing content: break glass. rofl

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Episode 70

Congrats to Rich.  In the card back quiz.  Beating out a card back collector & MOC collector.

It was great that Jason was able to trace back the history of the VC Jawa.

It sounds like Andy had a great trip to Finse.

Thanks to Jonathan McElwain for letting us know about the fake Argentine stickers.

I really enjoyed Pete's interview with Javier Florencio Swars and Fernando Ruiz Ceano, and the Galaxias Vintage con in  Spain. It sounds like a great new convention. Well done.

I think the Panini stickers and albums are something that we missed out on, here in Canada. I could be wrong. I don't remember them or haven't seen a Canadian version.
Thanks for going thru the line. It was great to hear all about Panini.

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put into the show.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:42 pm

Episode 71: Bossk-Cat - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast

Goodness gracious, has it been a month already since the last episode? Nope. Quarantine has meant we got on with this episode. Or maybe its living in fear of our hosts: The Andy's - Preston and Spoons'. An accidental delve into their past reveals some dark secrets. You would not believe it. Really!

We see what the community has been up to in these dark times and especially those who can turn their skillsets to something to help for the greater good.

Richard flies (secretly) to meet New Zealand artist Mark Catley for this months interview to talk about collecting Bossk, vintage Star Wars and street art. Which is awesome. Check out his work, after listening to this podcast of course.

In Pete's licensee section we talk about tins from the Metal Box Company Ltd and find what the lads kept in theirs back in the day.

📺 Episode 71 on YouTube 📺

🔈Episode 71 on Podbean 🔈
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Pete's licensee section is about the tins.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Great links Clint... James has done a great job with those photos.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:46 pm

richard_h wrote:Great links Clint... James has done a great job with those photos.

Thanks for the shout out Rich. I am feeling better. Now, I'm supper busy with work. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon May 11, 2020 8:37 pm

More enhanced segment nonsense has been posted over on the SWTVR Podcast youtube page rofl

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... e-law-bot/

Hot off the heels from Episode 71, comes Episode 72! Amazing isn't it.

Andy Norton decides to have a go at a quiz this month to test the chops of recent 'Farthest From - Online' champions Richard Hutchinson and Andy Preston. It's an attempt at ITV's The Chase. With Mr. Preston being the Chaser. Can Jason, Peter & Richard beat him down?

The main interview is with Irish writer Michael Carroll, who runs the online blog 'Rusty Staples', which we touched upon in our Panini Licensee section a few months back. Rusty Staples covers every single mention and influence of Star Wars in British Comic 2000AD. Michael is a current writer of Judge Dredd and with Peter, reminisces about Star Wars, collecting and all things of an Irish influence back in the day.

We ask the question about certain scenes in the Original Trilogy which there are few, if any, collectables. Richard leaps onto Farthest From online, and certain Facebook groups in Rebel briefings whilst looking at the latest Vectis Auction. Can Richard win another R5 for his collection? Will Andy Norton just buy all the Action Man gear?

The Licensee section sees Peter tackling Cliro, where he gets all soapy with the lads. What can we make Jason buy this month? Thanks to Craig Stevens for supplying some amazing insight into this glorious brand.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I looking forward to putting this on tomorrow when I sit down at work. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Sorry I didn't get a review done for this episode. I've been super busy with work lately.

I really enjoyed Pete's interview with Michael Carroll. How Michael got started and all the stories that he told. It was fantastic. clapping

I also liked the soapy topic. What a Face It's an area that I haven't gotten into, and didn't know much about.

I always listen to the podcast at least twice. So I will have to make sure that I watch the youtube enhanced version the second time.

Thanks and keep up the great work my friends. clapping clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:34 pm

Thanks Clint hope to have the next episode out very soon.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:44 pm

richard_h wrote:hope to have the next episode out very soon.

I'm looking forward to it. It's been a long and stressful month with work. So it will be nice to escape into the hobby for a couple of hours.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm

In amongst fighting off mice and general wildlife - trying to eat the collectibles stored in his garage - young Star Wars fan Stuart Skinner, from nearby France, takes part in this months interview. Talking SIGMA, being mistaken for Romba the Ewok and all those days of being on this here podcast for decades.

Jason Smith has a new microphone, but can he stay awake long enough in his office/sauna to finish his list of acquisitions whilst Andy Preston returns as we discuss Empire Strikes Back having a birthday. Sadly we are all old enough to remember it coming out in 1980, although Cinema had yet to reach Richard in the frozen north.

During Rebel Briefings an argument breaks out over some oddities featured in a Palitoy display at a recent Auction. Richard pays tribute to Charles Lippencott.

Licensee Butterly Originals gently stirs the memories of our hosts as we remember the days of school hijinks with stationery items being used for violence.

Chris Porteous' hard work making us look beautiful can also be found on that moving pictures website.

00:00:00 - Intro & Host's Newest Acquisitions
00:23:10 - Celebrating 40 Years of The Empire Strikes Back
00:39:35 - The Quiz
00:54:13 - NA Shoutouts
01:06:23 - Rebel Briefing
01:07:21 - Kim Simmons' Kenner Photography Book II
01:14:41 - Auction Recap
01:27:20 - Deal or No Deal Madness!
01:33:37 - Remembering Charles Lippincott
01:37:36 - The Running Stormtrooper
01:40:57 - Farthest From 2.0
01:44:29 - Stuart Skinner Interview
02:35:56 - Licensee Spotlight: Butterfly Originals
03:14:15 - Rapid Fire
03:16:56 - Feedback & Outro

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:07 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm looking forward to listening and possible seeing the Youtube version. yay
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top