Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 5 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:25 am

Nico wrote:That's a fine mask James clapping great pics as always mate bowwing

Thanks Andy Very Happy

I bought this Alien Chest Burster vinyl model a few years ago and finally got around to doing it ...

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 5 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by the89thchris Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:30 am

some 2017 parents are just gonna see that place and helicopter out lol it's too good
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:48 am

the89thchris wrote:some 2017 parents are just gonna see that place and helicopter out lol it's too good

lol!

Here's the last prop I was able to get done this year ...

Good ole' Twisty ...

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

Since I had already done the head last year and bought the costume after Halloween for cheap I threw together a last second mannequin .

I'm still not happy with him but I ran out of time and material . His chest needs to be bulked up a little more and I need to get some good hands for him . The hands now are terrible - just white gloves stuffed with poly fill  Embarassed

He's about 6 ' 6" Tall What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:11 am

Good luck tonight James. I hope you scare lots of trick r' treater's. cheers

I've been handing out candy to the little monsters & goblins. It's only 3˚C (37˚F), so we only had about 20 kids. Where we usually have 100 or more.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Our trick or treater's were down from the last couple of years as well - I doubt we had much more then a hundred ourselves . We figured it was because it was a school night and pretty cold (about 40 degrees) .

Still had a great time and even made a grown woman cry cheeky

We have rarely had the time to take photos on the actual night itself on previous Halloweens but Julie managed to get a few pics this year since she finally got one of them fancy phones ...

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Here's Julies costume ...

hopefully some of you recognize it What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Twilight Zone James?
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:21 pm

cantina_patron wrote:Twilight Zone James?

You are correct sir cheers

Anyone remember the episode title ?
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:22 pm

'Eye of The Beholder' Wink
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:24 pm

cantina_patron wrote:'Eye of The Beholder' Wink

spot on yay

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:30 pm

It's great that with everything going on recently that you & Julie were able to find the time to put on a brilliant display again this year (and make new props)! Halloween wouldn't be the same without seeing your efforts!  bowwing
All I get to see where I live is just the odd carved pumpkin.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks Steve Very Happy

Yes it was a challenge but we got it done What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Fantastic costume clapping Love the Twilight zone especially the early ones cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:12 am

brilliant props and costumes, really well done Very Happy
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5928

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks again fellas  cheers

grinchy wrote:brilliant props and costumes, really well done Very Happy

Ian - Since you have a lot more skill and experience then I do , I am hoping you can give me some tips and advice  What a Face

I would really like to bloody / slime the alien chest burster model I did up but don't want to ruin the paintjob I did by overdoing it . I did do a little light blood work on it but I don't think it was enough . What would you do ?

Here are a couple more pics ...

This is a good friend of ours kid ...

Julie titled the picture "Our Bored Vader "  cheeky
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Awesome James clapping
I think Julie's costume was excellent as I love the Twilight zone bowwing Keep your eye out for one of these mate  What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Hey bud the new pics are cool, as for blood, I swear by a paint by Tamiya, clear red, mixed with a touch of brown acrylic gives a great blood effect, I use it on all my bloody stuff, only comes in small pots, try ebay for it, you can use it fresh from the pot for blood, but I prefer just a touch of brown adding, to add splatter effects I use an old toothbrush, run my finger through the bristles loaded with paint, gives a good effect,
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:01 pm

grinchy wrote:Hey bud the new pics are cool, as for blood, I swear by a paint by Tamiya, clear red, mixed with a touch of brown acrylic gives a great blood effect, I use it on all my bloody stuff, only comes in small pots, try ebay for it, you can use it fresh from the pot for blood, but I prefer just a touch of brown adding, to add splatter effects I use an old toothbrush, run my finger through the bristles loaded with paint, gives a good effect,

fantastic advice , I will give it a try Very Happy

Thanks Ian cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:29 am

as always great stuff James , with my shoulder still being terrible we dont do anything close to what we used to , just the front steps , dorrway and a few things on the lawn . we live on a dead end and it used to be rocking with kids . these days never anymore .
we maybe got 8 kids this year . total bummer . we watched return of the living dead and dead alive on halloween and went to bed .

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 pm

That time of year again cheers

So far all I've done is set up the regular decorations and been working on repairing / refurbishing a few props with latex splitting problems . This one had some serious problems with the tongue that I fixed …

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

This is the only new prop I've made so far ...

My wife bought me the cage for our last anniversary and I bought the head for $10 last year after Halloween . I did a few modifications to the head ...

Before and After :

[800][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/800]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Hey bud, new head looking ace with added eyes,and other touches, love the hanging by the tongue head bust, the repair looks seamless, very cool
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Great work James clapping I love the green eyes on the head mate and the detailing on the teeth is awesome cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

grinchy wrote:Hey bud, new head looking ace with added eyes,and other touches, love the hanging by the tongue head bust, the repair looks seamless, very cool

Thanks Ian cheers I just wrapped the tongue with paper towels dipped in latex and then repainted it .

If anyone looking at this thread likes it , and hasn't seen Ian's work , please check out this thread to see some real professional quality props :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If I could only be a fly on the wall at Ian's cyclops

Thanks Andy What a Face

I didn't realize both heads I showed in the last post had green eyes lol! The cheap eye inserts I have been using actually come in several different colors - blue , brown , grey and green .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Very cool dude as always . I miss doing the huge setup but with my neverending shoulder issues its quite a pain in the ass. Love that cage!

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
grinchy wrote:Hey bud, new head looking ace with added eyes,and other touches, love the hanging by the tongue head bust, the repair looks seamless, very cool

Thanks Ian cheers  I just wrapped the tongue with paper towels dipped in latex and then repainted it .

If anyone looking at this thread likes it , and hasn't seen Ian's work , please check out this thread to see some real professional quality props :

If I could only be a fly on the wall at Ian's  cyclops  

Hey bud, thanks for putting the link up, appreciate it, but don't sell yourself short, your prop stuff is delightfully gruesome!
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks again guys cheers

Here's another prop I had to repair this year due to latex splitting problems …

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]

I bought it years ago to sit on my " Cannibal " grill , definitely one of the oldest props I have . I patched all the damaged places , added the eye insert and basically did a complete repaint .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top