Deleted Scenes - Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 1980 - Echo Base Wampa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deleted Scenes - Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 1980 - Echo Base Wampa Empty Deleted Scenes - Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 1980 - Echo Base Wampa

Post by Commander Clint Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:45 pm

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Deleted Scenes - Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 1980 - Echo Base Wampa Empty Re: Deleted Scenes - Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 1980 - Echo Base Wampa

Post by chris.75 Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:36 am

That's a great video Clint, thanks for posting it up. there were a couple of scenes in it, that I hadn't seen before.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Deleted Scenes - Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 1980 - Echo Base Wampa Empty Re: Deleted Scenes - Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 1980 - Echo Base Wampa

Post by Dr Dengar Tue May 03, 2022 9:56 am

Thanks for sharing, Clint.

I like the deleted Wampa scenes a lot but I can understand that Lucas decided not to use the footage.
The Wampa doesn't look that frightning compared to the scene when he attacks Luke on his Tauntaun. Here it looks just like a man in a suit, more like a giant white Ewok. Very Happy
The last scene where the Snowtrooper is snapped by a Wampa arm has a high slapstick level. Though it is funny to watch it probably does not fit well in the very serious battle driven Hoth scenes.

Echo Base Wampas were also part of the Shadwos of the Empire game when Dash Rendar opens a door with the same yellow warning label on the outside (at 1:00 in the vid below)

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top