Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by ChristianC Thu May 19, 2016 1:29 pm

All great pickups guys! Really loving this thread!

You're welcome Marco. Was a pleasure being the middle-man between two awesome variant collections.

Alex, how do you know I didn't molest him? Marco hasn't smelt him yet thank god....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by cantina_patron Thu May 19, 2016 5:42 pm

My 1st purchase for a while - Meccano Trilogo cardback with 'UFO' punch hole & 'Fabrique a Macao' sticker.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu May 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Congrats Bill. On the poch Dengar & mecano Biker Scout.

Nice cardback Steve. Does it have a made in Macao sticker on the back as well?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Thu May 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Nice cardback Steve.  Does it have a made in Macao sticker on the back as well?

Thanks Clint. The only sticker is on the front covering the printed 'Made In Hong Kong' coo (I'll add a pic of the back to my post tomorrow).
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu May 19, 2016 8:58 pm

thanks guys ,
sweet cardback Steve

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu May 19, 2016 9:04 pm

@Marco very cool interceptor with unused decals cheers

@Fabrice great French record mate cheers

@Bill another two awesome figures mate, that Biker looks minty cheers

@Steve great cardback mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu May 19, 2016 9:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

congrats on the vinyl record and mixture of vintage figures and toys Fabrice clapping

congratulations Bill on finally acquiring the double Hk coo poch dengar, I know you've been after one for a while clapping cheers
Great score on the Macau Biker scout too clapping

nice score on the tri logo Meccano, Emperor card Steve clapping
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri May 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Got this guy for cheap, it's a shame about the paint loss on the goggles  What a Face

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri May 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Andy, Nice Rebel Soldier. cheers Is it a dark brown rebel soldier?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri May 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Andy, Nice Rebel Soldier. cheers   Is it a dark brown rebel soldier?
He is mate, dark brown Rebel soldier, flesh coloured face Very Happy Just a shame about the paint worn off the goggles No
Still I'm very pleased to add him to the collection cheers
I'd much rather have him like this than a touched up one rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri May 20, 2016 2:25 pm

That's awesome. Well done. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri May 20, 2016 5:44 pm

wow great score Andy, congrats on the DBRS cheers , he's one of my favourite variants Very Happy

great pic too buddy clapping

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri May 20, 2016 11:34 pm

chris.75 wrote:wow great score Andy, congrats on the DBRS cheers , he's one of my favourite variants Very Happy

great pic too buddy clapping

Cheers Chris, not a bad pic for me mate lol!

Seriously James has kindly gave me a list of basic pointers to work with when taking pictures so I'm experimenting cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri May 20, 2016 11:54 pm

nice dbrs Andy .. congrats

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat May 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks guys for your kind words on the Glasslite Droids rig! Very Happy

Christian: Funny that Luke Bespin did not pass the PBP snif test. Now I know why. Sometimes it is better to stay ignorant. Very Happy

Steve: killer Emperor Mec Trilogo cardback. cheers
How far from a complete run?

Andy: Sweet PBP Rebel Soldier. Congrats. Very Happy
One of the best PBP variants out there.

Cheers
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat May 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Christian: Funny that Luke Bespin did not pass the PBP sniff test. Now I know why. Sometimes it is better to stay ignorant. Very Happy
Cheers

lol!

It's been a while since I had anything to post on this thread, but I did pick up a few things recently Smile

Thanks to Steve (Cantina_Patron) for this lovely Kenner, no coo Princess Leia Organa and Kenner, large hood, rough texture cape, Jawa   cheers
[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Thanks to Alex ( General Kahn) for this Lili Ledy Cloud Car pilot and Kenner, grey palace blaster (not pictured) cheers

And thanks to Pablo Martin for these awesome poch figures: Yoda, Imperial Stormtrooper and Chewbacca cheers

The Chewie is not the black pouch variant, but the slightly more common HK coo, dark brown pouch, with almost orange torso.
This Chewie is actually an upgrade, so I have a spare Poch Chewie if anyone is interested Smile

Last edited by chris.75 on Sat May 21, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat May 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey Chris, some stellar additions. From trusted sources as well. Congrats! Very Happy

Love the Ledy Cloud Car Pilot. As well as the Poch Yoda with unique pistacho painted hands.
The blue eyes and brilliant white of the Poch Chewie seem to be unique when comparing to Kenner figures. Do you agree?

Leia Organa: which COO?

Sorry for bothering you with all those questions.There is simply too much Lili Ledy and Poch going on in your post. Very Happy

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat May 21, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey marco, thanks buddy Very Happy

Yes I would agree that the light blue eyes and bright white paint are unique to Poch, when compared to their Kenner coo counterparts.
The more orange torso, that I mentioned in my post, is not really a Poch trait and is most likely a form of discolouration.
As you know, the figure parts were most likely imported from Asia, then assembled and painted in Spain. Making the unique paint colour, the best way to identify Poch figures.
The orange torso, (and green limb) discolouration can be found on the kenner figures too. As both they, and the Poch figures, were produced from the same moulds, in the same Asian factory, using the exact same plastics.
The Kenner MIHK coo Chewie torso, also used by Poch (black pouch) can be quite orange in colour too. Perhaps both coos originated from the same factory in Asia?

The no coo Leia Organa is a coo family 4- A2 on the TXI guide Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Some very nice variants there Chris clapping great addition to your collection mate cheers
Does the POCH Stormie have the same COO as his PBP brother, just not the same hard plastic used scratch
I only have a POCH Lando its all learning for me Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat May 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Thanks Andy Smile

My Poch Stormie has a family 1-B1 coo  on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which can also be found on kenner figures too.
What makes him differ from his Kenner counterpart is the darker black paint. The very sloppy application of the paint.
The poor sonic welding and extrusion between his legs (some call penis) and the bloody great melt mark on his rear  Very Happy

As well as a harder, more defined sculpt, the PBP stormie has a no coo scar (family 3-A2/B2) which is only shared with Lili Ledy.
Despite sharing the same coo,  the plastics used for PBP and Ledy are different. As well as the differing paint apps.

Last edited by chris.75 on Sun May 29, 2016 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat May 21, 2016 9:14 pm

chris.75 wrote:Thanks Andy Smile

My Poch Stormie has a family 1-B1 coo  on the TXI guide, which can also be found on kenner figures too.
What makes him differ from his Kenner counterpart is the darker black paint. The very sloppy application of the paint.
The poor sonic welding and extrusion between his legs (some call penis) and the bloody great melt mark on his rear  Very Happy
As well as a harder, more defined sculpt, the PBP stormie has a no coo scar (family 3-A2/B2) which is only shared with Lili Ledy.
Despite sharing the same coo,  the plastics used for PBP and Ledy are different. As well as the paint apps.

Thanks Chris, you have turned into one of the top varient experts my friend clapping Glad your here helping me and many others here at Tantive cheers Thanks again bro Very Happy (I'm glad I sent you that small package, yours and Alex's went out this morning, en route What a Face )
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat May 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanks Andy, but I still have a great deal to learn about variants, before I would consider myself any kind of expert, especially when chatting in the company of guys like Marco, Alex or Kenneth Very Happy bowwing

thank you so much for sending the package out to me bro, I look forward to receiving it, and will PM you when it arrives cheers
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat May 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Chris, Marco, Alex and Kenneth don't look anything like Fonzie lol!

You got it made brother bowwing

Take care man, let me know when small package arrives Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat May 21, 2016 11:10 pm

lol! will do buddy, cheers Very Happy

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sun May 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Chris great pups there . I still need a no coo leia . congrats on all of it . your poch stormie looks very white which is very cool as ive seen quite a few badly yellowed . cool ledy ccp as well clapping cheers

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top