Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by jawa.57 Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:09 pm

i think too, this baggie is for sending to the spain, for the france, i leave at the 70kms to the factory Hasbro, and before this factory is Meccano Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jawa.57
jawa.57
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1297
Focus : all vintage star wars

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by hellhippie Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:22 pm

I never knew pbp figures came in baggies

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by jawa.57 Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:44 pm

maybe the first, Question Question
jawa.57
jawa.57
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Hey Fabrice,
Thank you for making some clear pics of the figure in the baggie. Very Happy

Do the two baggies have the same height, width, type of seal, and positioning of seal?
A comparison pic of the two (three) baggies would be helpfull.

BTW: I asked for some input in two PBP Facebook groups.
I hope you don't mind.

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by jawa.57 Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 pm

no problem for asked at the others members (it's not perfect for my text )

the baggies are identical, just the positioning of seal is moved

jawa.57
jawa.57
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:33 pm

some little buys from me. nothing special i just like taking pictures and showing my fellow peers what i found. its all vintage hey Smile

first up is a loose dengar. why did i buy this? well it has one odd limb ( one leg is matt grey purple) the rest of him is gloss light purple.

next up. one that slipped the net imo with grand winning bid of £2.70 score Very Happy

a beater luke jedi with snap cape and damaged saber. i accidentally clicked on the listing tbh i thought it was beater luke with worn hand paint but noticed it had 7 pictures on the listing i wizzed through them and the last picture it showed the snap cape and a saber!

interestingly there is no paint on left hand what so ever not even in the crevices of the fingers or thumb in fact theres just dust. a factory paint app error maybe? thoughts on this boys.
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:08 am

Chris, nice mixed limbs Dengar. The Luke Jedi could very well be a factory error. I think it's a fairly common factry paint app error if I remember.

Well done. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:21 am

Commander Clint wrote:Chris, nice mixed limbs Dengar.  The Luke Jedi could very well be a factory error.  I think it's a fairly common factry paint app error if I remember.

Well done. clapping

i thought it might be. the hand looked far too pristine to be subject to paint wear. cheers clint Very Happy
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 am

jawa.57 wrote:no problem for asked at the others members (it's not perfect for my text )

the baggies are identical, just the positioning of seal is moved

Thank you Fabrice! Very Happy
How about starting your own thread for this very interesting baggie. You can explain that you found a plain baggie with a PBP AT AT Commander in France amidst a lot of Made in Macau baggies.
Then show the pics which you posted in this thread.
Do you like to initiate one?

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:05 am

Great oddity scores, Chris. Very Happy

The grey greenish limb on Dengar is due to discoloration. Maybe it was from a different batch compared to the other leg and therefore more prone to discoloration.

I agree with Clint on the Luke Jedi, it is probably a factory error. Cool!

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by jawa.57 Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:48 am

Yes, i can made this Marco, but where ? Wink
jawa.57
jawa.57
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:54 pm

jawa.57 wrote:Yes, i can made this Marco, but where ? Wink

Thanks Fabrice. Very Happy
The main vintage section would be ideal.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:59 pm

got a nice ledy bib fortuna minus the breastplate for cheap with ledy staff and cloak , pretty excited for him as the pbp focus has slowed to a snails pace .... im always excited to add a new ledy to the collection and prices for bib have been around 100 on ebay so 32 was a steal ...
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Well done Bill. clapping The breast plate can be a bugger to find loose though.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:09 pm

I'm slowly filling holes in my loose figures collection :

Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:29 pm

Great pick up's lately guys clapping

Nice figures Nicolas  cheers

Nice Bib Bill and I like the little fella next to him with the scythe, very cool mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:33 pm

I haven't been on here for a while Embarassed , but there are some fantastic new additions guys, and they are inspiring me to pull my finger out and make some new purchases!
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Nico wrote:Great pick up's lately guys clapping

Nice figures Nicolas  cheers

Nice Bib Bill and I like the little fella next to him with the scythe, very cool mate cheers

Thanks Andy! I was after Lando for a while!
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:The grey greenish limb on Dengar is due to discoloration. Maybe it was from a different batch compared to the other leg and therefore more prone to discoloration.

i stand corrected i was adamant it was one different colour limb however i came across your article on tig. very interesting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

definetly discolouration. i still like it in anycase.

aquestion i have 3 han hoths all with one green leg . they have the exact same coo aswell also these particular figure have green faces they are clearly degradation over time

does your explanation of the chewbacca green limbs go similar with han hoth even though chewbacca had moulded brown legs and han hoth painted about a particular factory which used different pigment?

''- Example 1: Take the green limbs Chewie for instance. I am not an expert on this, but I think he was found only with certain Hong Kong COOs. So probably the green limbs Chewie can be traced back to a factory which used batches of brown plastic with a (slightly) different composition in which the red pigment was more prone to degradation, giving rise to green limbs after 30 years. Still this figure is a transformant not a true variant IMO. Why? Because he did not leave the factory with green limbs thirty years ago. ''

poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:17 pm

something not vintage starwars hope you dont mind

i picked these colouring books up of ebay unused and pristine and they date from 1985

its something i would of picked up as a kid for sure.

love the main cover art. the artist was clearly inspired by starwars and flashgordon

i spy lightsabers and tie fighter/tie intereceptor lookalike. esb medical ship and a stardestroyer

this one i see similarity to a jawa / c3po stormtrooper hybrid / general ackbar / jabba sail skiff

poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:25 am

Chris, those colouring books are fantastic. Definitely inspired by SW. clapping

I would think that degradation would explain a lot of the different limbs, heads, green snake, etc... I have a green Hammer Head, and a green limb Chewy as well. Lots of times, you can see the limbs on Chewy are only half way done changing.
We've been compiling lots of different examples of colour degradation, and hopefully Marco can get back to editing his article for TXI as well.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:33 am

Commander Clint wrote:Chris, those colouring books are fantastic.  Definitely inspired by SW. clapping

I would think that degradation would explain a lot of the different limbs, heads, green snake, etc...  I have a green Hammer Head, and a green limb Chewy as well.  Lots of times, you can see the limbs on Chewy are only half way done changing.
We've been compiling lots of different examples of colour degradation, and hopefully Marco can get back to editing his article for TXI as well.

i have a han hoth focus. init i have a HH whch you can see one of his legs is on the turnfrom brown to green looks really cool and excems the fact there is no such as a mixed limb han hoth with one greenish leg and one brown. i can upload it your article if you like?
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:13 am

Chris, I'm going to send you a pm. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:21 pm

lol those books are really cool chris ,

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:41 pm

I was at a local toy show, yesterday morning and managed to pick up a Battle Damaged Tie Fighter (one of the few ships I needed), a re-sealed Canadian Weequay MOC (not sure what to do with this one.  It has a modern weapon sealed in it), and the English Canadian Rebate Catalog, to go along with the Canadian French one that I already had.

Then today I got a package from James (ourchickenshack).  Lots of different goodies that I bought from him.  C-3PO case & insert,  DV case inserts, collector case inserts, monthly posters, lots of trading card sets, US mini catalogs & planetary maps, and some extra's that James kindly threw into the package.  Plus my prize for the pumpkin carving contest, a brown torso Boushh - painted cream.  James, you rock. bowwing rockon

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top