WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ??? Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ???  Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!! Empty WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ??? Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!!

Post by ourchickenshack Sun May 17, 2015 9:27 pm

We all come across figures and accessories from time to time that makes us ask "What the Hell is This ?" banghead2

Before you beat your head against the wall any more , try posting some pics here . Hopefully between the collective hive mind here we can answer a few questions What a Face

I'll start it off with this rubber C-3PO :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My guess is something Japanese or perhaps a Mexican Bootleg  confused

It doesn't have a date but it is stamped GMFGI on one leg and C-3PO on the other .

3 1/4 " tall , not articulated , and made of rubbery plastic ...

there is a small hole on his back - looks like it might I have been to stick something in it ? (I know whenever I see a hole I want to stick something in it  stick  )

I love it and am just hoping it is at least something vintage , but , regardless he will fit my oddball collection very well yay

Any ideas guys ??????
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ???  Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!! Empty Re: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ??? Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!!

Post by psybertech Sun May 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Leave it to OCS to kick it off with a rubber! lol!

How tall is it?

I've got no clue, but maybe something from the 90s. scratch

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1875
Focus : Leia Bespin

http://leia.bespin.info/

Back to top Go down

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ???  Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!! Empty Re: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ??? Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!!

Post by Commander Clint Sun May 17, 2015 11:36 pm

I'll check the almighty book to see if I can find anything. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon May 18, 2015 12:06 am

psybertech wrote:Leave it to OCS to kick it off with a rubber! lol!

How tall is it?

I've got no clue, but maybe something from the 90s. scratch

lol!

It's still 3 1/4 " tall nanny

Thanks guys cheers

Hopefully your magic tome will have something in it Clint popcorn
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon May 18, 2015 5:26 pm

After a little bit of internet searching, I'm wondering if this could be the same?  Just a different colour.

James, if you search - 1977 Keishi C-3PO Figure, this is what I find.

I found it listed with: Japan: Vintage: Takara / Tsukuda / Popy / Candy

I won't link the site, but the person has it listed for $15.

I can't find anything in my books either.

I also found this on RS.

I think you have something from Japan. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon May 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Awesome Clint That's It - Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently the one I have is a Dekakeshi - which were lottery prizes given out at candy stores  cheers

Found this on Wiki :

Keshi (Japanese: 消し or ケシ) aka keshigomu (消しゴム, for Keshi Gum) is the Japanese word for eraser. Modern reference to "keshi" is related to a collectible manga/anime character mini figure made of coloured hard gum. However, keshi is not restrictive to its etymology but a generic term as several gum types are used, from matte to transparent. Also, some lines, such as the "Cosmos Souls Keshi Gum" (コスモスザウルス消しゴム, kosumosu saurusu keshi gomu) uses plastic parts. Keshi figures are not necessarily based on Japanese comic book nor TV series franchises, since there are keshi dedicated to video games (Super Mario, Zelda, etc.) and some western lines are based on local mythologies and popular culture. A similar product is often mistaken with keshi, the pencil cap toy (ペンシル キャップ, penshiru kyappu) which appeared around the same period.

Dekakeshi

Dekakeshi (デカ消し) are big size keshi released by the Marukoshi company prior to Bandai's popular lines.

Keshi

The standard keshi are 5/5.5 cm mini figures sold in transparent plastic capsules available in Bandai vending machines known as "gachagacha" (ガチャガチャ).

Chibikeshi

Chibikeshi (チビ消し) are mini size keshi released by Bandai.

SDkeshi

SDkeshi (SD消し) are Super Deformed mini size keshi released by Bandai.

Full color keshi

Full color keshi are deluxe, hand painted, keshi. Originally made in Japan, these art keshi were later manufactured in China to reduce production cost.

Glowing keshi

Glowing in the dark western keshi lines or series made of phosphorescent gum and similar to Playskool's GLO Friends contemporary mini figures line.

I love it and am proud to add my 1st Japanese item to my collection yay

Not that I will sell him but , out of curiosity , any idea of the value ? I think the little keshi run in the %$15 range but can't seem to find any info on the larger ones :unsure:

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Mon May 18, 2015 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon May 18, 2015 6:05 pm

The green one was listed for $15. Maybe contact Joe Y and see if he can verify it and possibly give you a price. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon May 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Commander Clint wrote:The green one was listed for $15.  Maybe contact Joe Y and see if he can verify it and possibly give you a price. Very Happy

I think the green one was one of the mini keshi confused

It's not that important what it's worth - it's too weird and fits my eraser collection nicely , so , unless he's worth a small fortune , I won't be selling him Wink
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 am

Glad you got an answer, but you asked the question hoping it was vintage. As a general rule of thumb, if it's stamped GMFGI, it's vintage. To the best of my knowledge, the General Mills Fun Group have never released anything in the "modern" era. Of course, having said that, I now expect a ton of people to show me I'm wrong, lol.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:30 pm

Thanks Ian What a Face

Your correct as far as I know too - anything stamped GMFGI should be vintage Smile

However , I could easily see that a modern fake or a bootleg type item could have the stamp . Since the figure was totally new to me and I had never seen anything like it I was concerned that it was some type of unlicensed bootleg - I don't think the fakers follow the same rules Very Happy
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:44 am

About one year ago I got this ugnaught in an ugnaught lot from UK. The seller couldn't tell me very much about it's origin. Just that he owned it for a very Long time - what probably most sellers are telling. Wink  Smock colour is interesting but possibly dyed in any way. But the smocks knot seems to be untouched anyway.
But what I am wondering about is the strange case he has. Never seen something like that. Of course it is not original but on the other hand in a strange way fitting very well to the ugnaught. Anyone has an idea where it is from?

Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 am

Good question, Dirk.

I checked and it does not belong to any of the modern released Hasbro Ugnaughts.

Hopefully others recognize the toy line from which the white toolkit originates...
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Hmmmmm....

I don't recognize it immediately but my 1st guess would be something from one of the Playmates Star Trek series scratch

Let me do a little research and I'll get back What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by 68vb Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:13 am

Are these SW or some other misc. figure accessories? They came in a Darth Vader case with about 30 figures. Didn't think these went with the figures or couldn't figure it out.

68vb
68vb
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:36 am

The cape is from :

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

I actually have a pretty decent collection of the Remco monsters  Twisted Evil

The blue gun in the lower left hand corner is from a GI Joe Battle Gear Accessory Pack #2  (The original version was for Major Bludd and was black)

The green gun is the original weapon for Firefly :

This site is really helpful for 3 3/4 " GI Joe weapons and accessories  http://www.yojoe.com/action/whobit/
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ???  Need help identifying what line figures or accessories came from ? ASK HERE !!! Empty Anyone know what this belongs to

Post by arohk Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:19 am

Hey all as you all may remember I got a load of various parts a while back. most I have figured out some still trying to see if they are modern or not as they don't seem to have date stamps on them, a majority are playset parts, but one item I have is most likely not star wars if it is it's something I never seen before.

I think it will make a good custom part but figured I would see if anyone here has seen it before and could shed some light on what it is or belongs to just in case. it's the silver seat I am wondering about in the photos.

Thanks for any help.

Larry

arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by M4K3R1 Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:25 am

The chair is modern Hasbro, from the Naboo royal starship
M4K3R1
M4K3R1
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 195
Focus : 3-3/4" inch Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:24 am

The ship is an INT-4 mini rig. The other grey piece is command center from the Hoth play set.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:02 am

Thanks guys now to see if there is anything else in all this stuff i can't figure out what it is or what it goes with Smile
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:28 am

Good spot Oscar! Very Happy

The Naboo Royal Stsrship: One of the best toys from the modern line.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Akial wrote:About one year ago I got this ugnaught in an ugnaught lot from UK. The seller couldn't tell me very much about it's origin. Just that he owned it for a very Long time - what probably most sellers are telling. Wink  Smock colour is interesting but possibly dyed in any way. But the smocks knot seems to be untouched anyway.
But what I am wondering about is the strange case he has. Never seen something like that. Of course it is not original but on the other hand in a strange way fitting very well to the ugnaught. Anyone has an idea where it is from?

I know this was forever ago, but no one answered it on here, so I figured I would. It is from Lanard Corps! Star Force line. The space figures all came with different style white cases. If you find the 7 pack, you will see this in there, but with a small antennae on the side, which looks removed from yours. I have no idea about the color of the Ugnaughts smock, but I love that it is brown.
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 125
Focus : Anything I can manage to get!

Back to top Go down

Post by firstjedi Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Picked up a lot of star wars, it had some micronauts in it so at first I thought the red cones were from the Baron Karza but they are smooth when tapering in.  As for the missiles and the black assault riffle I tried yojoe whobit so I don't think they are gijoe.  Any leads on any pieces would be great.  Been racking my head for months on the net lol, it came with some ewok stuff, which was clever.  Thanks

firstjedi
firstjedi
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 410
Focus : loose

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:27 pm

The only item I recognize is the orange backpack for a Membros figure ...

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by firstjedi Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:02 pm

That helps, thanks.
firstjedi
firstjedi
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 410
Focus : loose

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaCote Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:45 am

I am a action figure favorite, here are some of my fav collectibles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is an online figure/hobby store that ships worldwide. Contact me or visit the website if you are intersted.

EllaCote
EllaCote
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 0

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top