Christmas Cards for a Little Girl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas Cards for a Little Girl  Empty Christmas Cards for a Little Girl

Post by arohk Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Hey everyone I am passing this on from the Outer Rim Garrison the one I belong to with the 501st, One of our members Laura started this I have copied and pasted her request below if anyone would like to read about this little girls story please see the links below. I think it's a great idea myself something that would be easy to do to make her happy if you all would like to help the address is also in the info. I do not want anyone to feel obligated with this that is not my intention so no worries if you can't.

Hey guys

Some of you may have heard of this already, but there is a little girl named Safyre who is wishing for Christmas cards as presents this year. Her story is quite sad in that she lost her parents and siblings to an arson fire two years ago and has been left with severe burns and amputated limbs because of it.
I am going to send her a card because it’s easy enough to do, but the more cards the better! If anyone else wants to participate and send her a Christmas card (and this is a fantastic opportunity to indoctrinate a young little person into Star Wars... bwahahahah!), her aunt set up a P.O. box for her at:

Safyre
P.O. Box 6126
Schenectady, NY 12306, USA

There’s more details on her story here, after a paper picked it up: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If you prefer to donate, there is a donation page for her medical costs set up by the family: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And more background into why the fire that killed her family was started: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Christmas Cards for a Little Girl  Empty Re: Christmas Cards for a Little Girl

Post by Ian_C Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:30 pm

I just saw this posted this afternoon in the Toronto Sun.

Heartbreaking story. A 6 year old girl lost her father and all three siblings two years ago and became an orphan. Two years later, and countless surgeries to repair 75% burn coverage on her body,and all she's asking for is a Christmas tree full of cards. Crying or Very sad

Everyone should participate. I'm sure most of us have Christmas cards lying around if they buy those box sets, and what's the cost of a stamp?

Hell, I don't even send Christmas cards to friends and family any more, but I'll do this.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Very heartbreaking Sad

I'm on it Larry - I'll also pass the info to my family and friends and get her a few more cards sent at least .

Even though it truly breaks my heart to hear , I really appreciate you sharing this . Safyre could really use every little bit of compassion the world can spare , particularly at this time of year .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanks guys I am glad my friend posted this on our Garrison so I could share it. It is a very sad story but it's also a request that is so easy to make true for this little fighter Smile.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:58 pm

I just shared the story with my wife and now she's on the case too .

For those that don't already know , Julie works with elderly people and has about 15 nursing homes that she represents "Residents Rights" for - basically she goes to them to fight for the rights as human beings that all people , including the elderly , should have . (Her actual job title is a "State Ombudsman" - here in NW Oklahoma )

All together she easily has 1500 to 2000 residents at any given time that she is in contact with . She is going to go to all her homes and share this heartbreaking story so that she can get them all to participate cheers  The residents are always looking for something to do to help others and this will be right up their alley - something as simple as a card will be their pleasures yay

I expect there will be a mail truck full of cards from Oklahoma on this little girls doorstep by the end of next week rockon
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:20 am

That is awesome bro thank Julie for me, this little girl is going to need a bigger tree Smile.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by tongshen88 Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:54 am

I'll share this with my friends & family and we'll probably send her a card or two. It's sad but we can definately make this better for her Smile
tongshen88
tongshen88
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top