cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses pre-TFA Tease - Page 2 Empty Re: Guns n Roses pre-TFA Tease

Post by cantina_patron Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:35 am

James, I have read that Slash likes to play with pussy, but I didn't realise it was in this context. lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:55 am

I have heard rumors Izzy is on board at some point. Matt Sorum was asked a couple of days ago in an airport, pretended to not hear, then left without answering. Holding out on a secret, or pissed he isn't invited? Only time will tell. I've also heard Steven Adler is the guy who most wants to be back, but is having a hard time being accepted, although the latest I heard was he's now a strong possibility. Also heard most of the current remaining version of GnR will be on hand for the tour, so perhaps some of the players will have revolving dates, or only do a few songs per night?

By the way, Coma may be my fave song from them. Just incredible. It doesn't have the rawness of anything from Appetite, and musically, a song like Estranged may be tighter, but it's damn near perfect to me.

I saw them in Hamilton, ON, in 1993, with Queen's Brian May doing the opening honors. They got through most of their set, before some jackass tossed something onstage during Paradise City. Axl left, the band finished the song instrumentally, then the show was over. Sad My buddy got to see them in Toronto with the Metallica double headliner tour. That was the night before the fateful Montreal disaster, where James Hetfield was burned by bad pyro, and GnR saw riots after they left.

And holy shit, the entire show was caught on camera and posted to youtube! I was at this show guys! All 47 minutes of it, lol!

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 am

Cheers for posting Ian, I missed it last night, one too many beers I think haha.

Yer Coma is a classic track, they played it live 4 times in total, all are interesting and feature at least one mistake which is understandable considering the length and how often they didn't play it, probably the best live version was 'rumoured' to have been played at Omaha NE in '93, It's one of a handful of shows that I have never managed to get my hands on, it's not confirmed on the set list but it is the mostly likely source for the recording. This track was actually added as a bonus track on disc 1 of the Live Era album on the Japanese CD version and also the illusive 4 disc vinyl version, it's well worth a listen Smile

I'm still in two minds about who I'd prefer, Steve or Matt, Steve is of course the original, but Matt was the better drummer, I think it would be nice to see Steve who was of course the out right original drummer sp there fore the original line up..... plus I've already seen Matt Sorum Smile Met him after a Velvet Revolver gig back in 2007 Genuinely nice bloke, my Matt Sorum autographs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:57 pm

As much as it hurts me GN'R will function with Axl, Slash and Duff. They are the public face on GN'R.

Izzy is 100% needed in the song writing and I'm glad him and Duff have started to pen some songs, and that Slash was also jamming to some.
Izzy will play some dates, possibly even Coachella but he's need a reliable guy and can disappear at any minute. Fortus is a suitable replacement to play a standard rhythm unless it is CD stuff in which case a 3rd guitarist is likely to be needed (assuming tapes or Pittman doesn't do some crap keyboard stuff)
For drums I think Matt has said too much and annoyed the powers that be. That leaves Steven, a shambolic mess, and Frank Ferrer. Personally I think Frank will get the nod and Steven will be wheeled out for a few medleys now and again from AFD.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:09 am

Well tonight I thought I would post something a little different. G N' R's first single was It's So Easy and they actually filmed a video for it but it was never released and only the basic footage exists, how ever during the filming, rumour has it that David Bowie arrived on set and was checking out Axl's girlfriend at the time which he didn't take kindly too and Axl actually hit David and threw him out, ultimately they made up and got drunk together, so the story goes... R.I.P. Dave

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I didn't really care for Rapidfire but it's of historical importance
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:18 pm

For those that get access it, on BBC Four at 10pm on Friday 5 February there is a documentary film being premiered entitled 'The Most Dangerous Band In the World: The Story of Guns N’ Roses'.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Bump!

This is the first time Steven Adler has shared a stage with Axl since 1990. Dare we hope Izzy will also make a guest appearance at some point so we can finally see all five together?

cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top