Darren Orme stepping up his repro garbage production

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darren Orme stepping up his repro garbage production Empty Darren Orme stepping up his repro garbage production

Post by ChristianC Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This guy is getting worse. Who the hell sent him the originals so he could reproduce them?
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Darren Orme stepping up his repro garbage production Empty Re: Darren Orme stepping up his repro garbage production

Post by cantina_patron Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:18 am

Marvellous! Rolling Eyes
I just don't get why people keep buying his shite.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Darren Orme stepping up his repro garbage production Empty Re: Darren Orme stepping up his repro garbage production

Post by Sturm86 Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Lately it's also crazy to see the amount of figures re-carded on repro cards with repro weapons that are coming on Ebay, whether they are called "reproductions", "custom" or "restoration"... It's also crazy to see the price people are paying for them Shocked One would think these are not worth more than what's the loose figure is worth, but there's clearly a market for that stuff now. What's worrying is 3D printers being more and more cheap, one of these days some of them will start producing completely fake figures.
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:08 pm

garbage straight up garbage

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:15 pm

I have a plan and will post soon with the results
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:36 am

richard_h wrote:I have a plan and will post soon with the results

Nice work Rich. Looking forward to seeing what happens.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:34 pm

At first I never saw the harm in his creations, but as time has gone on and I've seen how his boxes fade and discolour so now I see its a rip off, I still like to see other peoples custom work but replica packaging is a waste of time
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I absolutely agree with you Ian! Very Happy
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:22 pm

We need up close photos of this crap spread far and wide for the community to see.
I'm sure i saw an eBay sales post a couple of years back advertising an expensive Palitoy MOC, which was actually a Toy Toni outing campaign, it was really good.
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chancellor_Peter Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I heartily endorse the way the Toy Toni fakes should be outed so as not to deceive collectors into parting their hard earned money. Its a good thing I have our "Mr Palitoy" to consult before I even pull the trigger in eBay on any PALITOY TESB 45B carded figures, which I almost did for a certain protocol droid.

Jez wrote:I'm sure i saw an eBay sales post a couple of years back advertising an expensive Palitoy MOC, which was actually a Toy Toni outing campaign, it was really good.
Chancellor_Peter
Chancellor_Peter
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 524
Location : Somewhere out there in the Outer Rim Territories....
Focus : Mint In Box Vehicles, Playsets, Display Stands, Loose & Complete figures and Variants, 1985 POTF Coins and TESB MOC figures

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 am

Agree about the Toy Tonis. I'm not a fan of these being sold even with full disclosure. Who knows what the buyer is going to do with them?

I own two myself and I'm still trying to work out a way to mark them as TTs without completely ruining the card.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Orme is a blight on the hobby. He has seen an opportunity, and is cashing in big time. Too bad it puts a ton of fakes into the market, which at some point are going to fool unsuspecting or uneducated collectors.

Toy Toni's are a whole other story. You don't want to destroy them because they are vintage items, but those are not original factory seals and that screws up a lot of people who think they're real.

I would personally only pay loose prices on either guy's products, then instantly rip the toys out of the packaging.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top