And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!! Empty And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!!

Post by ChristianC Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 am

AFA finally woke up. I can't imagine it's because they care about the hobby but it's still a great thing.

"We have finished compiling the results of the multiple surveys we've conducted over the past year and as a result will no longer assign the 'U' or "Uncirculated" designation for loose vintage toys. This change will go into effect for submissions received after the end of the current month."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!! Empty Re: And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!!

Post by Nico Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Great to hear, fun 'U' grade fun
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!! Empty Re: And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!!

Post by the89thchris Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:08 pm

rofl and you know there was a rush of submissions, trying to fire them in just before the cut-off lol smh
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 am

the89thchris wrote:rofl and you know there was a rush of submissions, trying to fire them in just before the cut-off lol smh

Goddddd you're probably right....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:50 pm

U grading fn sucks , glad to hear theyve changed that crap

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Unfortunately the damage is already way done

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am

hellhippie wrote:Unfortunately the damage is already way done

Yeah very true mate....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Just my gut feeling, but I don't think we've seen the last of this yet.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Hope these guys don't start u-grading

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm

"Alex Fucking Approves" lol! lol!

Now to work on the fucktards opening MOC's on YouTube.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:37 pm

It's great that AFA did away with U grades but I doubt it will stop people from opening damaged / cut cards and sending the figures in just so they can still get a higher grade .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:28 am

ourchickenshack wrote:It's great that AFA did away with U grades but I doubt it will stop people from opening damaged / cut cards and sending the figures in just so they can still get a higher grade .

Yeah you're not wrong mate.

I shared a beaten up Leia MOC on my blog page last weekend and someone commented that she needs to be released from her bonds..... So yeah, these knobs are still out there...
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:02 pm

great news, definitely a stain on the hobby, how many have they graded though, a fair few I bet
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Some guys at the Cincy show were saying they will still open stuff that is submitted of the person wants it done, they just removed the Uncirculated classification. I’m having a hard time confirming that either way on their site. scratch
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike_Z Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 pm

the89thchris wrote:Some guys at the Cincy show were saying they will still open stuff that is submitted of the person wants it done, they just removed the Uncirculated classification. I’m having a hard time confirming that either way on their site. scratch

Not surprised - They're not going to deny a cash carrying customer.

Speaking of their website...  It's 2018, optimize the site for mobile. They suck really bad at marketing... Which is quite a shame because they have a great value proposition and a story to tell/share. I'm speculating that they're content with their revenue/margins because there are many low-cost marketing vehicles they could leverage to expand/grow their brand. In my opinion, their entire presentation is off and out of date.
Mike_Z
Mike_Z
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Pretty sure AFA denied that they would open up any cards at all. Jason Smith asked them that question direct.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:35 pm

Doesn't matter a whole lot if afa will still open the packages or not - if they won't then the same sellers / collectors that were seeking the U grades will still open themselves and send the freshly opened figure in to get as high a grade as possible Mad

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by robotHivemind Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:06 am

ourchickenshack wrote:Doesn't matter a whole lot if afa will still open the packages or not - if they won't then the same sellers / collectors that were seeking the U grades will still open themselves and send the freshly opened figure in to get as high a grade as possible Mad

I often see in sellers' listings, that deal heavily in grading, with descriptions like "fresh off card." They often have multi figure lots of the same character with such statements. I firmly believe this is them opening carded figures, hoping to get a high-grade figure, only to find a slight blemish (paint chip, overspray, bad pain app) that was not visible on-card. They are usually sold without accessories and weapons, of course, because that is where the money is at! I find the whole practice terrible!
robotHivemind
robotHivemind
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:51 am

ourchickenshack wrote:Doesn't matter a whole lot if afa will still open the packages or not - if they won't then the same sellers / collectors that were seeking the U grades will still open themselves and send the freshly opened figure in to get as high a grade as possible Mad

Yeah good point James.

Cunce will be cunce I guess...
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:15 pm

It would be painfully interesting to see AFA's records and see how many figures they actually u graded in the years they operated the practise.

The loose figure crazy price phenomenon is still actively gripping the hobby though and is now the problem, mint loose is worth more than carded beater, and where that exists, unscrupulous dealers will, which is why finding moc beaters these days proves strangely hard.

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 am

I’m pretty sure there is a way to get a population report of U-Graded items from AFA, or atleast it used to be available. It’s easily several thousand, but how many, I’m not sure. I heard a figure once but I don’t remember the exact number.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 am

Anything for attention these cunce.

Last edited by ChristianC on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:49 pm

What an absolute tit fun
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm

ChristianC wrote:Anything for attention these cunce.

This asshole needs his ass kicked. I know that the figures he destroyed where beaters. But, all he did was create a pile of toxic waste.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top