Chris' Customs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris' Customs Empty Chris' Customs

Post by chris.75 Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:19 pm

I've just finished painting this custom 3d resin printed Vader head, from scoundrels Stock.
As I wanted to recreate the scene from the Obi Wan Kenobi series on Disney+ I think it turned out fairly well. The body is the new Hasbro 3.75" Darth Vader "The dark times" figure. One good thing about the vintage collection figures is that they are relatively easy to customise. As the limb joints and heads just pop on and off.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Chris' Customs Empty Re: Chris' Customs

Post by Cardnut Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:36 pm

Wow that is some excellent detail! It looks very realistic. Great job.
Cardnut
Cardnut
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1170
Focus : Trading Cards, Loose Figures

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:16 pm

Great work Chris !!!
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:43 am

wow, brilliant work there mate, great shading and finish, very impressed at such a small scale to
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:57 am

Thanks guys, I had fun painting it.
The small scale makes it quite difficult. But the main trick is to build up the paint in very thinly applied washes. Otherwise the sculpt detail can easily be lost, if the paint is too thick.
I first sprayed the grey resin with a white acrylic primer. Then masked off the face section and sprayed the rest of the helmet with a black acrylic paint.
I used very fine nail art brushes to paint the face. Using a pale flesh coloured acrylic. Mixing in some burnt sienna and crimson red, for the shading.
For the eye, I used a pin head to apply the black paint to the pupil and light reflection.
I Then dry brushed the edges of the helmet damage with a metallic bronze and silver. To give that glowing metal effect, when it catches the light.
Finishing it off by painting in the nose with white paint and applying silver to the mouth vent parts.
Then to protect the paint and give it a subtle sheen. I sprayed it with a couple of coats of clear coat acrylic varnish.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top