Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 2 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by pattejan Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:29 pm

How could I? I know I'm just the auxiliary engine! thefinger

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by pattejan on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1242
Focus : Loose vintage SW figure variants

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 2 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:34 pm

pattejan wrote:How could I? I know I'm just the auxiliary engine! thefinger

Somehow, I think you are one of main engines and have been since you found us floating in space. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by pattejan Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Embarassed
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1242
Focus : Loose vintage SW figure variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Antilles Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:09 pm

trappedtexan wrote:

I have a question regarding the library section stuff.  I don't really have anything to add at the moment but since the point of us being on here a bit early is to try it out would it piss people off terribly if I tried to go in there and then hit start topic and just say test or something to see what would happen?  I know we can't add to the specific existing post, but when we have info to add it looks like we can add new topics to that section because start topic is an available selection that I see while in there.

Hi Bryan,

The Library is intended as a read only section for our members. But from your test post it was obvious that we had forgotten to lock it.
You are doing a really good job by challenging the forum this way.  clapping
Hopefully you and others find more things which we need to optimize before our official release. Very Happy

I immediately went to the responsible Mechanic. He feels very sorry about this and is now cleaning all the escape pods on board of this ship. Very Happy

Captain Antilles
Captain Antilles
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Not sure which one of you is captain Antilles, but this brings about a question.  I understand the concept of having the information for said figure or ship or whatever be a protected item, but how does the library grow if something can not be added. Moor example would it not be better to have the main library, 3 3/4 figures, Star Wars, Luke skywalker as a sticky that is locked and then have in the same section so main library, 3 3/4 figures, Star Wars, new topic with new added title be something that members could add so that they can show what information they have and then whoever can take that info and add it in the sticky later?  The list above is just examples of how these categories are shown at the top and may not be exact.  I would think that the second way where a locked sticky in the same section where info can be added would be more beneficial.  Otherwise how do you get information.  It would have to be discussed in a completely different area not even in the library which would make members have to jump back and forth between sections to see what info is known or needed.

Hope this makes sense the way I am saying it as I don't know how to simplify what I am trying to get at.

Ok, I just looked so I think I can make this explanation a bit simpler. In my opinion you would get better information by having a locked sticky in the library, but the same section where the sticky is having an unlocked thread of the same title so people can add information. By locking the whole library section it forces users to go to the vintage chat section to,discuss the figure they see in the library section so,it is crossing to different sections completely. Might be a simpler explanation anyway. scratch

Last edited by trappedtexan on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:31 pm

The idea is to have th discussion threads in the Main discussion area.  When new stuff discussed and verified.  Then the information will be added to the Library by the Librarian.  Hyperlinks will shuttle you back and forth.

Let's say you are browsing in the library, and are looking at the Kenner Leia Bespin library card.  Then you have some great info to add.  There will be a hyperlink on the library card that will shuttle you to the discussion thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jay has already set up his obsession, errr focus cheeky in a nice Library card entry.  This is what we are building towards for each entry.

Does that make sense?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 pm

trappedtexan wrote:By locking the whole library section it forces users to go to the vintage chat section to,discuss the figure they see in the library section so,it is crossing to different sections completely.

Correct.  Think of an actual Library.  You check out a book, take it home too discuss. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:39 pm

The library card type of thing is what I was saying have as the locked sticky. I just think it is odd to have the figure information in for example
txi library: Kenner figures: 3 3/4 vintage: Star Wars: Luke skywalker but then We are supposed to discuss the info in that thread in this other section
Txi vintage chat: Luke skywalker thread

So we aren't even in the same section of the forum. That's just my opinion, but I don't think you will get as much info if it is spread across two sections depending on guys to,jump,back and forth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Here is a perfect example.  I was looking at the coo thread in the library.  I noticed the fett ledy coo shown is a single scar and I have both the single and split scar and also,there are two meccano fett coo markings.  If that had been a sticky for the fett but I was able to add a comment there I would have added my info, but since it was locked up I didn't and it wasn't important enough for me to,want to jump up to the vintage chat section to make a new thread as I was searching the coo section not the vintage chat section.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Bryan, I hear what your saying. I'm just not sure how to answer it.

This is why we want to hear your opinions. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:55 pm

HI Bryan, 
each library card will have a clearly marked hyperlink to take you straight to the discussion thread for that figure/item, all you need do is click on it and you are instantly transported to the discussion area for that particular figure. You then post your comment or additional info in that section. 
It is then reviewed by members/peers, then if the info is agreed to be accurate, then it is added to the library card by 'The Librarian'. 

Also this way you do not have to spend time searching through loads of threads trying to find the relevant discussion thread for your particular character, like you do in the fotw section on TIG for example. You just visit the library card first to find all the relevant info and discussion topic links, on the figure/item that you are interested in  Smile

with regards to the coo guide, you may notice that at the top of each entry, it says "basic guide" this is for those collectors who have a vague interest in the origins of their figure, but not obsessed by every different coo available. There is an Advanced guide currently in the pipeline, which will include every coo variation for that figure, for the rest of us who are obsessed with coo collecting  Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:18 pm

I am not trying to be a pain guys. I just think for a guide like the library type thing your doing it is better set up similar to say the TIG ledy thread that Marco created. You have all the relevant info hyperlinked on page 1, but before these links were made discussions had to take place and information was agreed to be accurate. The way you guys have set it up, you have the page for the hyperlink, but no discussion to link yet. Depending on members to jump back and forth between sections is not reliable. The above coo example is perfect for that. Why did I not go to the vintage chat and add it, multiple reasons. 1. I was looking at coo info not looking to chat, 2. It was only small information and I didn't deem it important enough to go start a thread on, 3. By the time I got to the vintage chat section another topic already in there caught my eye so I then read it, 4. I forgot by the end of all that and didn't remember until this thread.

If this happens with others besides me (I am betting it does) then relevant information may take forever to get discussed or added. That is all I am saying. If you guys feel different then ok, this was just a suggestion anyway. We are talking about this site servicing novice to advanced collectors so the novice collector who just found fett with the split coo may feel it is more pertinent and create the thread required to discuss it as it is important to them, the more advanced may do as I did and skip it for multiple reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Also some sections like the misc section that has preproduction would for sure benefit.  I won't speak for Oli, but I mentioned that a preproduction section exists and it seemed he showed excitement, then came back and showed a different emotion.  Here is where you can see that conversation. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now the misc section is locked so he can't even discuss preproduction stuff there if he wanted to. He now has to jump to vintage chat and mix it in there if he wants to add it.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:25 pm

you are right Bryan, the hyper links are not in place yet, as we have only started adding entries to the library section this week, so that you guys have something to look at. But these hyperlinks and discussion threads will be in place soon  Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:13 pm

When are you opening the TXI library and changing Miscelaneous to pre production? lol!
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 88
Focus : Pre production

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi Oli. Welcome aboard. Very Happy

Great idea to have a preproduction section. Within the TXI team the knowledge of prototypes is limited.
Personally I would love to see a dedicated project team here with some experts working on content for a prototype chapter.
Would you like that as well?
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:42 pm

That would be great. I'd love to see a dedicated prototype section. Perhaps a thread each for 2d and 3d pre production.

Also would love to see figure of the week going again. Always thought it was kind of rushed on TIG and in the end it got forgotten about.

Both these worked really well on Rebelscum but much of the old content isnt showing now.
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 88
Focus : Pre production

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:35 pm

This is feedback.  I LOVE that when a pm comes through it pops up a small window in the upper right corner saying a pm has come in. This just occurred as I was online when one came in, the others I have gotten I guess I wasn't online when they came through.

One suggestion (for iPad specific may be different on regular computer) is can the pm message be the large part so it is easier to click on?  The sender is the largest part that I see in the inbox and when you click that it sends you to their profile.  The subject is what has to be touched to actually open the pm and it is very small right above the username of the sender.  Hard to do when you have fat fingers.  I will try to do a screen capture so you can see what I mean.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is how the inbox looks for me. See the username of the sender is large and the subject is small. The subject has to be clicked to open the pm, the username takes you to their profile and with fat fingers it is hard to hit one and not the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:39 pm

thats a good point Bryan, I often click on the profile tab too and i predominantly use a mouse!!
A larger message tab is a good idea  afro  banana
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:45 pm

I have the same problem and I work on 27" monitors. Just never put much thought into it.  We will have to put in a work order to the Mechanics.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Similar topic of making things big and large. Is there a way to collapse certain section and only have all the subsections visible in certain sections? I think as time goes on I probably would look less in certain sections but the vintage chat, off topic, and sales I would always look at. If I could collapse the customs section so it doesn't take up a large portion of the home screen and as time goes on this section on feedback and tips, and possibly others that will get less traffic. Would be nice to be able to do that like rebelscum has so that not all the subsections show on the main page.

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:41 am

nothing really to say just happy to be here !!!!!!!!!1 yay
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:02 am

Some good suggestions I see so far.

I was going to bring up the collapsible thread idea as well. Lots of ambition shown here, but it might be too much. There are a LOT of sections and subsections, and as seen with other boards, activity levels are down. I'm not sure this many sections are justified in a newer board. It could give off the impression that even if this place becomes very active, discussions will be so widely dispersed, it could make the forum look like a ghost town.

Also, to make it look cleaner, I suggest that for library sections with no images yet, once the site goes live for the general public, those sections be made 'hidden' from regular member view. Some people are very judgmental, and may make snap decisions about a board with a reference section that isn't complete. And speaking of completeness, I didn't look at all figure entries, but the main Kenner heading says US and Canada, but cardback entries only list US card variants. I'd suggest adding that info, or removing the "Canada" part from the section description.

Overall, I like the board. I haven't tried some features yet like uploading pics, but the basic layout looks great aside from possibly having too many sections. Nice work guys.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:41 am

Great idea about a dedicated pre-production section. This could definitely work,

No idea if we can collapse certain sub-sections but agree that it would be an advantage. Will speak to the mechanics.

Will also discuss with the guys whether we may have too many sections, which may dilute conversations.

Thanks dudes for the feedback!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Ian, I was working on a Canadian Card back guide, but had to be put on the side burner. Hopefully I can finish it up early in the new year. popcorn
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top