Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 8 Empty Re: Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by chris.75 Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:43 pm

welcome aboard the TXI Nicky and Rob stormie vader
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 8 Empty Re: Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by Dr Dengar Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:40 am

Welcome aboard on Tantive, Nicky and Rob. cheers

Nicky: What MOCs are you collecting?

Rob: Do you display your vintage and POTF2 line next to each other?
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by RBT84 Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:00 am

Dr Dengar wrote:Welcome aboard on Tantive, Nicky and Rob. cheers

I only had a handful of loose vintage figures so they had there own little shelf, POF2 was my main focus and I basically stopped collecting after the line had finished, I sold up in around 2005 to help fund another hobby. I thought the collecting bug had gone for good however the last few years as my Nephew has gotten into Star Wars its started creeping back Laughing
I'm not sure what I'm going to collect just yet apart from I know I want all the vintage figures I had back when I was originally collecting, just realised I've gone off on a tangent there so ill stop typing Very Happy
RBT84
RBT84
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 10

Back to top Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 8 Empty Yeah it's me. Site has gone to hell now.

Post by kisstour03 Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:41 pm

I think a lot of members here already know me from other SW forums. For those who don't. My name is Paul and I live in New Brunswick Canada. I of course collected Star Wars when I was a kid. Collected most late 70s and 80s toys lines back then. SW, GI Joe, He-Man, Mego, Voltron, M.A.S.K. etc etc etc. I started back collecting SW and the more of a focus on Vintage SW around 2009 or so. Then got bitten by the vintage bootleg bug. And my main figure focus is IG-88 and I collect anything to do with the character vintage and modern.

I haven't actively collected any SW in a few years.  I admit I was soured on the hobby for a number of reasons. Politics, backstabbing of friends, preaching the ideals of honest collecting publicly but being very shady behind the scenes. And the general feeling of making people feel unwelcome just because they ask a "stupid" question. Anyway time away has softened my outlook. I still don't actively collect SW at the moment. But like to keep up with what's going on.

My main collect passion these days is my favorite character of all time. The Incredible Hulk. Comics, toys, statues, gum, posters. You name it I'll buy it.

I'd like to get back to collecting vintage SW at some point. But no part of the hobby really trips my trigger these days. MOCs don't work for me. Boxed stuff takes up too much room for Hulk stuff. I keep thinking I'd like to do a set of 12" figures. Maybe that's where I'll start.

Anyway I just learned about this new forum about an hour or so ago. Thought I'd join up and say hello.
kisstour03
kisstour03
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 145
Focus : IG-88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Welcome to all the new members! Awesome to see to board growing rapidly. Smile

68vb wrote:after 2 weekends of non stop Star Wars, our son was hooked.
After we got home, he asked if he could collect Star Wars. For Christmas, I have been trying to find a few vintage pieces along with the new stuff for him.
Chuck
duel

Hey Chuck,

For your son, I have a number of modern figures still packaged and most pretty inexpensive. You can check it out here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Link is only temporary, until I get off my lazy ass and post it on this board directly. Wink

msenli wrote:Hi guys, let me do a quick introduction of  myself, my name is Marko and I am from Holland.

A few months ago, I came across a youtube video from a guy who called himself Toy Poloi, he restored a vintage AT-ST to almost mint condition. I thought, well I can do that, and since then I have a habbit of restoring the old vintage vehicles. Maybe I will start to collect the figures again one day, but for now, it's just the ships/ vehicles.

You can check out my progress via the link in my signature.

Grts

Hey Marko,

Nice to see you around. I enjoy seeing restored vintage items, but be careful on the peroxide treatment, as long term effects are unknown, and it's a thing that unscrupulous people also use to try and get more for their items when selling. And repro stickers - not too well liked by the majority of the vintage collectors. Especially if you're removing real ones in the process. Not trying to be preachy (as I can often be on the topic of repros), but you'll run into many of us that will be less than friendly concerning them.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxs-Toys Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Welcome to all the new members, its great hearing your stories
Daxs-Toys
Daxs-Toys
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:52 am

welcome Paul. I new you would find us. cheers Next time you stop in and say hi, you need to bring the box of Moosehead. lol! yay
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by kisstour03 Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:30 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. Like I said I'm not very Star Wars centric in my collecting these days. But I'll try and chime in when I can. And yes I'll bring the Moosehead beer
kisstour03
kisstour03
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 145
Focus : IG-88

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:42 am

I barely collect standard Star Wars figures myself Paul - I'm more into oddities , customs or just all out weird lol!

Once we get a better foothold on all our Star Wars guides , Clint and I really want to do some non Star Wars figures guides cheers Hopefully we will get some other guys helping out there too with their non Star Wars collections Wink
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:51 am

Welcome aboard Paul!

Definately would love to see some non Star Wars stuff at some point, then I can get the M.A.S.K. stuff out Smile and hopefully start adding to it again!
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by RifleSmile Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:28 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:Welcome aboard on Tantive, Nicky and Rob. cheers

Not very focused but trying to collect one of each figure on a Kenner card!
RifleSmile
RifleSmile
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5
Focus : MOCs

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:20 pm

welcome to Tantive XI Nicky, Rob and Paul!

Really excited to see all of these new members sign up and so far you've all been a-grade quality Very Happy
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamshaft Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:33 pm

My name is Stephen, I live in Ontario Canada. I hoping to complete my vintage Star Wars figures collection.
Plus get to you know you all here. Seems like a cool place.

What I'm missing is...

Empire Strikes back, I’m missing 4-LOM (Zuckuss), AT-AT Commander, C-3PO (removable limbs), Cloud Car Pilot, R2-D2 (w/Sensorscope), Tie Fighter Pilot.

Return of the Jedi, I’m missing 8D8, Admiral Ackbar, AT-ST Driver, B-Wing Pilot, Bib Fortuna, Chief Chirpa, Emperor's Royal Guard, Gamorrean Guard, Han Solo (Trench Coat), Klaatu, Nikto, Palpatine, Princess Leia Organa (Combat Poncho), Prune Face, Rancor Keeper, Rebel Commando, Ree-Yees, Squid Head, Teebo, Weequay, Wicket.

I'm looking for the loose and in decent shape. NOT in box but with their respective weapons, gear, clothing.
I'm not willing to pay eBay prices. Just honest collecting prices.
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 290

http://www.camerongraphics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Welcome Stephen,

There's a few of us here in Ontario. Whereabouts are you?

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamshaft Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Ian_C wrote:Welcome Stephen,

There's a few of us here in Ontario.  Whereabouts are you?

Ian

Temiskaming Shores (New Liskeard) - Way up north! And Def Leppard *your avatar) is my favorite band too! LOL
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:16 am

Hey guys afro
My names Andy from the Wirral UK, I've loved Star Wars ever since 1977 cheers
Mainly a loose collector, focusing on Stormtroopers and Lando Bespin  Very Happy
I know most of the Tantive team resonably well and the ones I don't I've seen knocking about on the boards   cheers
There are some great and very knowledgeable people on this Tantive team so looking foreward to great things coming from this site  cheers
Thanks to my bro James for inviting me Very Happy
Looking forward to getting involved and seeing this forum grow clapping
Another great love of mine is Everton football club bowwing
Cheers Andy afro
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee72 Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:12 am

G'day all from down under,    I am just getting back into collecting (since September) after a 14 year break. Only managed to save one original toy from my childhood a 12 in C3PO and he holds a special place in my heart (my daughter broke his thumb in 5 seconds, never to touch again Smile ) . So wish i had my Toltoys Death Star still, One day. Have a couple things left from my last collecting phase, my First Shot Amanaman, loose Toltoys Land speeder, loose Imperial Sniper and a custom kit bashed Boba Fett (Vincent Viard) . Started collecting loose again to begin with and finished the SW fig's and only one to go for ESB ( Leia Bespin ). Only have a few ROTJ and POTF figure's, will rectify that this year Very Happy .  Also managed to pick up my first carded fig's since i was a kid ( 21 back Hammerhead and 31 back Hoth Stormtrooper ). Also managed to pick up a couple of boxed vehicle's ( Kenner Land Speeder, Kenner Vader Tie Fighter and a Palitoy ROTJ Falcon )  Never really got into forum's that much, but living out in the stick's down under you don't really get to meet many people into collecting SW. So looking forward to meeting some new people and hope this forum takes off.  I also can't resist Stormtrooper's  Smile      Cheer's Lee
Lee72
Lee72
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:42 pm

welcome Stephen, Andy & Lee. Glad you decided to join us on our little adventure.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:44 pm

welcome Nicky, Rob, Paul, Stephen, Andy & Lee. It's great to see a good mixture of known and new names joining our site. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamshaft Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:47 pm

cantina_patron wrote:welcome Nicky, Rob, Paul, Stephen, Andy & Lee. It's great to see a good mixture of known and new names joining our site. Very Happy

Man I love a place that makes you feel welcomed! clapping

Seems like some SW communities are "cliquey". stick

Feel free to add me on Facebook!
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm pleased that you feel welcomed Stephen as that is one of our aims. We're a very friendly bunch here who treat collectors new & old with the same respect. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamshaft Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:53 pm

cantina_patron wrote:I'm pleased that you feel welcomed Stephen as that is one of our aims. We're a very friendly bunch here who treat collectors new & old with the same respect. Very Happy

This post deserves a "like", no like button?
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:55 pm

The like button is the red '+' in the top right of each post. Wink
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamshaft Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:56 pm

cantina_patron wrote:The like button is the red '+' in the top right of each post. Wink

I thought i might blow up the death star or Starkiller. (Translates to "needs a label") Smile
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top