Put The "Action" In Action Figure !!!

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Put The "Action" In Action Figure !!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Put The "Action" In Action Figure !!!

Post by chris.75 Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:58 pm

[900][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/900]

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Put The "Action" In Action Figure !!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Put The "Action" In Action Figure !!!

Post by ChristianC Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:05 pm

This is deadset ripping mate! Well done!!!!!!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:57 pm

That shot is freaking awesome dude clapping
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:07 pm

jaw
Well done Chris. You captured that scene from Rogue One perfectly. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:31 am

Thank you for your kind words guys Smile
It's not too bad for my first attempt. I'm quite happy with it, although I think the fleet troopers could be posed slightly better, to give a more natural pose appearance.
And there is a bit too much symmetry between the two kneeling troopers. Also I think  the kneeling trooper, firing at Vader, should have both hands on his blaster.

Oh and I'm also aware that this battle didn't take place on the Tantive IV. But I had to make do with what I've got. Unless someone wants to make me a Rebel flagship "Profundity" diorama tongue cheeky
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:51 pm

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Slave Girl Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:54 pm

Who’s a clever boy! It’s lovely to see you back doing what you love! Smashed this one! Well done 👍🏼
Slave Girl
Slave Girl
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:44 pm

very cool shots there, love the poses, looks so good clapping
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5928

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:32 pm

Thanks guys Smile

I thought I'd show a bit more vintage love. so I unpacked the old Palitoy Death Star playset ds

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]
POTF Detention Block Rescue playset
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:08 pm

Chris, Those are some great new action scenes. Well done. clapping clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:46 pm

Thanks Clint Smile
I wanted to use some of the shots as forum banners. But after trying them out, I think they're too chunky. Because of the curved walls of the playset,
I couldn't move far enough back with the camera, from the figures. To get a more wide angled shot, without losing a majority of the shot, either side, to just backdrop colour.
perhaps I'll have another go at cropping the shots, but showing the curved walls, with a space background, beyond the wall edges Smile

edit: something like this perhaps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:22 pm

These are very cool looking Chris, I love the Rogue One set up Smile.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:21 pm

Another shot I took today using the POTF Detention Block rescue playset. But this time I turned it upside down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by chris.75 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:47 am; edited 4 times in total
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:16 pm

brilliant shots mate, i like the puff of smoke around obis cloak, attention to detail! and that last shot is ace clapping
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 pm

Thanks Ian, it took a lot of takes to get that wisp of smoke shot just right.
In most of the previous shots there was either way too much smoke, so you couldn't see the figure or cape. or there wasn't enough!
I enjoyed taking this recent shot too. although getting Vader's cape to hang like it has some weight to it was tricky. They use way to much fabric and it puffs out all over the place. I had to use quite a few hair pins to tuck it all behind him and weigh it down.

Here's another shot, from a different angle, with the detention block the right way up.

[800][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/800]

Last edited by chris.75 on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:27 am

Mannnnn I love these action shots. That little short for a stormtrooper is hilarious!!!! We should share that around at some point.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:08 pm

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:11 am

Whoa! Awesome dude. This thread is definitely becoming one of my favourite on the forum. Keep them coming!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:31 pm

very cool shots love the vaders chamber one, very atmospheric clapping
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:05 pm

Thanks guys. The last shot was done using my vintage star destroyer, 3'75" Black series Vader and the 2005, Hasbro 500th anniversary meditation chamber, Vader set (robotic arm).  
I wanted to do more of the shot in camera. But I couldn't find a way of dismantling the robotic arm from the back of the meditation chamber, without damaging it. so had to photoshop it into the scene. Same with the red lighting behind the star destroyer. I wanted to use some red LED lights that I picked up on eBay. But they were not bright enough to show up, so photoshopped those in too. I need to pick up some more powerful coloured LED's at some point. So that i can do a lot more of the lighting practically. Otherwise the images look too over manipulated (like this latest one, in my opinion). The smoke was also an issue. i tried using my vape to create it. But couldn't quite get the timing or the control of the smoke the way I liked. But hopefully with time and a lot more practise I can do a lot more of these shots practically, without the need for photoshopping Smile

Original Un photoshopped pics
[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:50 pm

The above shot is comprised of several layered practical effect shots
I then photoshopped out the support wires and added the explosions. If I'd had a sparkler or cherry bomb to hand I would have done the explosions practically too (hopefully next time  Smile )

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:29 pm

That's fantastic.
I love "how too" shots as well. cheers
You are getting really good at these action shots. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:42 pm

Thanks Clint, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, considering this was my first attempt at anything like this. Plenty of room for improvement though.
To blast the soil up, I bought one of these drain unblocking air pressure guns.
[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
you just pump it up, then pull the trigger to release a high pressure air blast!
I had the camera set to a high shutter speed and took multiple shots in a row (paparazzi style) as I blasted the figures with the air gun.

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardnut Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:24 pm

Those pictures are epic, some crazy special effects. They look crazy good!! Well done and thanks for sharing.
Cardnut
Cardnut
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1170
Focus : Trading Cards, Loose Figures

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:01 pm

Thank you David

I was going through the hundreds of shots last night and found a slightly better composition, with a bit less debris obscuring the figures in the background.
so worked this one up too. slightly better i think Smile

Last edited by chris.75 on Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top