Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 13 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Commander Clint Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:00 pm

richard_h wrote:I still get the same issues with my iphone.  The ipad is usually ok, although once or twice I've had the same issue.  I cannot switch it to classic mode as the option is not there.

We are looking at improving the mobile versions of the site. Since Tapatalk is not compatible with the Forumotion platform at the moment, we are looking at some other solutions.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 13 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by hellhippie Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:44 pm

i love the easy picture features but my pics all seem to come out sideways???
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 13 Empty Database on Pricing

Post by wlee76 Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:31 am

This is a cool site, if there is a database where we can easily refer to for pricing of the vintage item it would be great
wlee76
wlee76
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:52 am

1. What do you like about Tantive XI  as it stands?

What I like about Tantive XI as it stands presently is that it is in it's infancy. I am respectful to have the opportunity to be part of it at this stage. In the big picture I am still a collecting noob in relation to the ages of the other forums, other collectors and always will be a noob to some of you for that matter thefinger Smile

I've joined 24 hours ago and what I'm sensing is a mix of the veteran founded forums. The Veteran forums have established themselves for what they are and have become, which of course opinions would vary on what that means and I myself would not have precise answers on that Suspect. I see Tantive XI as a fresh start to capitalize on lessons learned from the Veteran forums, during the era of having the SW story continue,  and keeping a spark in the vintage collecting community.

2. And more importantly, what aspects of the forum can we improve? 
Don’t be shy, we're big boys and can handle some constructive feedback.

You all are not rookies by any stretch . At this point (24 hrs after joining) I have found no negatives and I would like the chance to provide some constructive feedback yet cannot think of any. My navigation on this site has been so simple and it's all self explanatory. Ok I just thought of one so here is some constructive feedback.  Allow the members the prerogative to have a gif in their avatar and or signature lines. I believe having that option may bring happiness. It does for me so I'd say most likely it would for others as well rockon
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 200
Focus : Loose, boxed, carded, Kenner, Non Kenner. Oh ya and die cast

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieFortuna Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Awesome site but respectfully the no quick reply makes it a poor experience to navigate, all because a few guys are pressing the wrong thing on their mobile, it makes not a lot of sense to me, the no quick reply takes this forum back to the stone age guys, its the same as mousedroid forum used to be or maybe still is, for that one reason alone i found myself not wanting to be run through the hoops to make posts, why a forum make their users waste their precious time doing that im struggling to understand guys, no offence intended.
I really think you guys need reconsider your stance on this, removing a common sense quick post ability that reduces multiple pointless extra pages and time when posting for everybody, just because a few blokes hit the wrong button when posting isnt the best idea lads with all due respect imho, and it really impacts this place in a negative way, this is year 2016, quick reply option is the absolute first thing you enable on any forum, its must to make communication for your users as easy and fast as possible so they are spending quality enjoyable time on the site not being frustrated every time they post.
cheers and thanks guys, apart from that the forum is outstanding, great work done by all if i may say.
AussieFortuna
AussieFortuna
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 85
Focus : Kenner and Bootlegs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Tony,

Thank you for bringing the lack of a QUICK REPLY modus to our attention. Your strong pitch motivated the Mechanics to look underneath the hood immediately to restore this function.

It works for me as I am now typing this post in Quick Reply modus on my Android phone in classic mode.

@Tony and others: Does it work for you as well?

Cheers

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:10 pm

One advice: After typing your post in Quick Reply modus press SEND (at the bottom of your message in the middle).

Do NOT press 'Post Reply' (at the bottom left) as it brings you to a new window in Full Reply modus while loosing everything what you had just typed.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:31 pm

hellhippie wrote:i love the easy picture features but my pics all seem to come out sideways???

I've had this same problem a few times; it probably has to do with how you are holding your phone for the pics you take. A solution I found that works for me, is I load my pics onto my laptop, and adjust them there. I have noticed that sometimes you have to purposefully save a picture sideways, and then go back to that same picture and realign it to right side up and save it again to get it to post the right way. I don't understand why this ends up needing to happen on my end, but it just does. I hope some of that may have helped you a little at least!
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 125
Focus : Anything I can manage to get!

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieFortuna Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:57 am

BOOM!!! Quick reply works !!!

Thanks so much for taking on the feedback Dr and team, it really makes a HUGE difference, love your work lads !!!
AussieFortuna
AussieFortuna
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieFortuna Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:59 am

HAHA, just using the quick reply because i can Wink love your work guys..
AussieFortuna
AussieFortuna
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosh Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:43 pm

One of the things I miss from the (standard) forums I've registered in is the lack of abundant information on vehicles. If you want to find –for example– differences among the Kenner and Lilí-Ledy Millennium Falcon, where can you readily find them? Places like the Jedi Temple Archives or SWFUK have nice databases but incomplete in this sense; I don't know why. A nice database on such topic here would be very nice to have : )

:::::::::::

The hyerarchy of your clickable texts is a bit odd. In this example, it was intuitive for me to click on the sender's name instead of the message title, sending me to the sender's profile, of course, only because the difference in size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Mosh on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mosh
Mosh
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 195
Focus : No focus at all; I just buy what I like.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103523056@N06/albums

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosh Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Oh, and furthermore, I know the focus of this site is on vintage figures, but since you are asking what do we think about it, I would also rather have some other sub-forums devoted to modern collecting.

*gets some stones thrown at him*
Mosh
Mosh
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We are currently working on the Library section which will include vehicle, it just takes time, but we will get there.

Also, feel free to start threads in the Cantina Bar Section where there are specific section for discussing and limelighting modern collectables

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 pm

Mosh wrote:The hyerarchy of your clickable texts is a bit odd. In this example, it was intuitive for me to click on the sender's name instead of the message title, sending me to the sender's profile, of course, only because the difference in size.

We are looking into this problem. It was mentioned a few weeks ago. So hopefully, one of the mechanics will work on this soon. popcorn
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosh Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:59 pm

General Kahn wrote:

Also, feel free to start threads in the Cantina Bar Section where there are specific section for discussing and limelighting modern collectables

I opened my mouth too soon : D

Great!
Mosh
Mosh
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosh Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:39 am

Another suggestion. Given the fact that when creating a forum, each sub-forum requires a title, one tends to think of ways to create an innovative title for it, as if it were a book or a movie. Usability-wise, though, it would be better IMO that the titles of the sub-forums were not that creative ; ) because it makes their content hard to discern for newbies. Sub-forums like "Vintage toy discussion" are OK because they state what they are about instantly, but the ones like "There's Something Odd About Oola" just leave you scratching your head. I know, the subtitle explains things better, but still, the main stuff is the red title. Creating clear and concise titles enhances the usability experience and browsing speed.
Mosh
Mosh
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 13 Empty i am in the running for the draw

Post by wlee76 Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:06 am

i am in the running for the draw

wish me luck, it's not that hard to furfill the requirement
wlee76
wlee76
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:20 pm

wlee76 wrote:i am in the running for the draw

It is easy to fulfill the requirements, but I'm not sure this counts as feedback for the forum. I'm not the one running things so maybe it does, but I would like to think you would have enough interest in the hobby and respect for fellow star wars collectors and this group to at least try to come up with something constructive. I just joined, same as you, and many others I'm sure, due to the offer of a giveaway...but I am interested in this place growing and becoming something great. To each his own, of course...if your here just for the giveaway, good luck. I hope more people decide to stick around though and try to make something with all the potential here. I know I will.
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:41 pm

dixiebull wrote:

It is easy to fulfill the requirements, but I'm not sure this counts as feedback for the forum. I'm not the one running things so maybe it does, but I would like to think you would have enough interest in the hobby and respect for fellow star wars collectors and this group to at least try to come up with something constructive. I just joined, same as you, and many others I'm sure, due to the offer of a giveaway...but I am interested in this place growing and becoming something great. To each his own, of course...if your here just for the giveaway, good luck. I hope more people decide to stick around though and try to make something with all the potential here. I know I will.

Very well said Chris bowwing

We knew that a free giveaway was bound to bring in people that obviously only came for the draw and there's not much we can do about that . As you said , if we're lucky maybe they will find something interesting enough to come back for or , even better , contribute to Very Happy

Thankfully , it appears to us that the majority that has come to visit are enjoying what we're trying to accomplish as a community . We don't look at it as our site (12 mods) but as OUR site ...  you , me and every other human on the face of the Earths site who want's to be part of it yay

Some folks may not want to be part of it , and that's okay , but anyone who comes and wants to be family becomes our family What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 pm

And then running back straight to the Caves of Moria? Very Happy

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:21 pm

First of all congratulations chaps for an outstanding forum.  bowwing
I'm still exploring and checking things out but from what i've seen so far i think i'll be on here as much as possible.  It's a goldmine of information which is laid out really well.

The colour scheme really appeals to me.  It's easy on the eye like me and simple to use.   yay
It's extremely friendly, everybody seems really onside.  Almost straight after i posted my introduction Commander Clint replied.  It's little things like that which go a long way.  The fact that you have a sizeable team bodes well.
So newbies and experienced collectors should all find something here to satisfy their needs.
The library is brilliant and the library guide is really easy to use.
I love Oolas area (who doesn't eh  Cool ) i'll be using that reference a lot.

I just tried the Host an image element and it didn't go brilliantly, it hosted apparently but i can't access the hosting site, having said that i haven't read the How To guide yet, because i'm a bloke and we tend not to until we need to.  I need to.  Rolling Eyes

I like the information provided on the left hand side of everybody's post.
The post number names were lost on me initially but i guess you want to do something different to the others.
I would have gone for something like: Bantha Rider, LandSpeeder Pilot, Y-Wing Pilot, Tie Fighter Pilot, X-Wing Pilot, A-Wing Pilot, B-Wing Pilot, Tie Interceptor Pilot, Millennium Falcon Captain, Star Destroyer Captain and Super Star Destroyer Captain. However i guess that will just start a debate as to if an X-Wing is better than an A or B Wing Smile

This place might not have a huge number of members at the moment, but the first gig The Beatles did was fairly small. In time this place will be huge.
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiebull Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

And then running back straight to the Caves of Moria? Very Happy

Oh, snap!

I mean I'm not trying to pick on this one guy or anything, but out of curiosity I looked at all his 11 posts, and they are all bantha fodder! Just coat tail riding messages that mean nothing, on topics that are just generic enough to not even have to know a thing about star wars, such as "this guy is sick", or "it's this guys birthday"....get well soon? happy b day? These should earn someone one of the greatest (IMO) variants in vintage star wars collecting? This figure has been on my "if only" wish list since the day I saw it...would be heartbreaking for someone to get it who didn't deserve/earn it.

Anyways, sorry about my rant. ourchickenshack put it best when he said they knew the contest would draw people like this...I just love star wars so much, and how could someone not want to be involved here?!

Fair is fair, and he did technically do all that was required. Good luck to everyone that is eligible, him included. I hope he decides to get involved more...I hope everyone that comes here does! I bet the list grows quite a bit in the next few days!
dixiebull
dixiebull
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:58 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words , we really want everyone to be happy and hopefully be able to call TXI their home away from home cheers

Your correct , we wanted to do something a little different but this thread explains it fairly well ...

If you can't find what you need to help you upload pics I am sure one of our team can help . I still have a flip phone and only use serv img from my home computer to upload photos so I am a complete moron with any other methods Embarassed
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:55 pm

This is tutorial that we have at the moment.

We still have to come up with a tutorial for the iPad's, & other smart phones.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Paul Armory wrote:I have found no negatives and I would like the chance to provide some [/size][/font][/color]constructive feedback yet cannot think of any. My navigation on this site has been so simple and it's all self explanatory. Ok I just thought of one so here is some constructive feedback.  Allow the members the prerogative to have a gif in their avatar and or signature lines. I believe having that option may bring happiness. It does for me so I'd say most likely it would for others as well rockon

I'm a few days behind, so forgive the late reply to this.

I can't speak for the team here, but in my experience running bards in the past, gif's in sig lines inevitably leads to one or more members complaining they use too many computer resources and makes the board load slowly.  That's why many boards won't use them.  Even just pics will often have members complain they clutter up a page and cause slow downloads too.  Maybe if a size restriction was put in place it would help, but just offering a possible reason why we don't have them here.

dixiebull wrote:

Awesome post Chris.  Ideally, everyone would share this mindset.  Welcome to the board!

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top