Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 18 Empty Re: Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by Machinegunn Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Hello TXI Community,

I'm Danny, and I was invited to come check out this website by a couple of cool SW fans!

The first thing I wanted to do was post some images of an ESB carded Farm Boy Luke for TheGent's thread on Lightsabers, which looks like quite an undertaking, and I wish him well with the project...

Other than that, I, like all of you love SW, and the vintage Kenner line... I have not been much of a variant collector in the past, but I do have an appreciation for all cool SW toys from all over the world. Unfortunately, I have little working knowledge regarding Coo's and what not... but I do love to look at pictures of old SW toys whether they are Junkers, or pristine sealed examples, I love them all and I do not discriminate...

I was speaking with another member, and I mentioned that I eventually got sick of the modern Hasbro toys because they just did not resonate with me like the vintage Kenner always has, and I pretty much got rid of 98% of what I had. Apparently, I am not alone...

I pretty much just kept some classic figures, especially anything from Tatooine, which I always had an affinity for going all the way back to when I was little.

Growing up in South Florida there was no snow, and white plastic figures always seemed to turn yellow faster than pigeons drop their loads on tourists, so for my brother and I the sand stuff was the best. Especially if you had a cheap plastic sand bucket and went to the beach when you were little, in a few minutes anybody could make a Sarlacc pit, and the shoe box the figures came to the beach in could be flipped over and become a Skiff.... good times.

Anyway, didn't mean to go on for that long, but I did want to give a sincere thanks to all the nice community members that have been so welcoming already!
Machinegunn
Machinegunn
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 35
Focus : Anything vintage Kenner!

Back to top Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 18 Empty Re: Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by hellhippie Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Welcome Danny!! Looking forward to getting to know ya!!

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Oh btw the tattooine stuff is my favorite also

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Now the welcome is official. Smile

That's a cool idea with the shoebox skiff. I could have seen my younger self having fun doing that.

Not all of us are experts on COO variants either. Wink Collect what you like, as that's what'll keep the motivation going.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 am

It's now official. welcome Danny

If you live in Florida, did you make it to Celebration in April?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26810
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:07 am

Commander Clint wrote:It's now official.  welcome  Danny

If you live in Florida, did you make it to Celebration in April?

Welcome Danny! Great to have you onboard mate.

Was going to ask the same question as Clint. We were both in Orlando last April for Celebration.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:53 am

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:38 am

Welcome to the site Danny welcome
Did I read correct somewhere you are an artist scratch What do you enjoy to paint or draw mate rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:39 pm

welcome to TXI Danny and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I hope you're enjoying the site. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!  - Page 18 Empty Meet the Members! Introduce yourselves here!

Post by Star Wares Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:21 pm

My names Marc Hockley, I'm lucky enough to work as a singer so not having a 'real job' I get a lot of free time to collect, something my partner Kat is must supportive of, so I'm extra lucky!!

I've been a member of several other forums & groups for years so a few of you might already know me as 'Star Wares'.... I missed the 'e' out as I was in a rush when I set up on here ;-)

I've also been interviewed a couple of times now for the Vintage Rebellion Podcast & recently had the great honour of being a guest host alongside Scott Cato & stalwarts Richard & Jez!

I've been collecting Star Wars since before it was vintage and so have had time to built up a nice set of most production Kenner/Palitoy items as well as shop displays, Lili Ledy 12" dolls [ sorry Lee ] & even a few cast & crew items!

The toys are a time machine back to my childhood & I love visiting my own private museum where items arrive weekly.

I love the clear layout here on Tantive XI & look forward to making new friends and learning more about my favourite waste of time - Star Wars 'tutt'.

Last edited by Star Wars on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Wares
Star Wares
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:27 pm

welcome  on board Marc.  I'm listening to the newest TVR podcast as I'm writing this.  You did a great job on the show. cheers

Send me a pm, and I'll let the mechanics know about changing your forum name, if you want.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself Marc, it's always an advantage having a supportive partner. Wink
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wares Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks Clint rockon Indeed it is Steve! yay
Star Wares
Star Wares
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Welcome Marc! I believe I recognize you from SWFUK. Nice to have you make the trip to our little corner, and hope you enjoy your stay. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Star Wares wrote:a few of you might already know me as 'Star Wares'.... I missed the 'e' out as I was in a rush when I set up on here.

Marc, the mechanics have fixed your name. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Marc, Welcome aboard mate welcome rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Great to have you here Marc, it seems that Richard's monthly evangelizing about the Tantive during the feedback section is still paying dividends! rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:34 am

Sorry for the belated welcome Marc! I've seen you on SWFUK and have heard your interviews on the TVR podcast. Great work dude!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by OlderGuyCollects Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi, I'm Kyle. I live in the Vancouver area, BC, Canada. I watched the original trilogy in theatres and collected figures and cards as a kid. I was hit with a nostalgia blast a few years ago when I came across some original Kenner figures. I hadn't seen or thought about them in decades. Now I back in! Collecting vintage, enjoying every minute of it. My focus is on props and set decoration from the original trilogy.

Thanks to the TXI Team for creating this forum. Cheers
OlderGuyCollects
OlderGuyCollects
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 45
Focus : Props and Set Decoration

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:09 pm

welcome It's nice to see another Canadian on board. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:59 am

welcome
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:16 am

Welcome Kyle welcome great to have you on board mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 am

OlderGuyCollects wrote:Hi, I'm Kyle. I live in the Vancouver area, BC, Canada. I watched the original trilogy in theatres and collected figures and cards as a kid. I was hit with a nostalgia blast a few years ago when I came across some original Kenner figures. I hadn't seen or thought about them in decades. Now I back in! Collecting vintage, enjoying every minute of it. My focus is on props and set decoration from the original trilogy.

Thanks to the TXI Team for creating this forum. Cheers

Oh no another Canadian.....

Just joking mate, welcome to Tantive!!!!!!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:24 pm

welcome Kyle. If your happy to share pics, we'd love to see some of your original film props & set pieces. Very Happy If you would like to, you can start a thread here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 pm

ChristianC wrote:Oh no another Canadian.....

No more maple syrup for you. I'm going to tell your wife, not to share. lol! rofl
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top