PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread

Post by Nico Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Digging through some old DVD's today, watched John Carpenter's In the mouth of madness  What a Face

Do you read Sutter cane Twisted Evil
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: PSYCHO - The Official Horror Movie Discussion Thread

Post by Nico Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I watched this on the recommendation of Alex(and because I like Melissa George Very Happy ) I had to watch it twice to fully get my head around the story(if you watch it you will know what I mean) but I enjoyed it, Cheers General cheers Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 pm

soooo is the green inferno worth it? ive read the thread through but have heard horrible reviews ... for the record I love eli roth . just hate getting burned on horror movies that I hate .
some "newer" films that I loved in recent years ... high tension (mentioned and awesome!!!)
the descent 1 and 2
hostel 1 and 2 (2 is AMAZING)
it was great seeing a string of newr films that were great
dead snow
if you guys know of any others im all ears

also anyone seen the horde? cgi really burns me and I know it has some
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Here is my copy Bill but I haven't got round to watching it yet mate(mainly due to reviews) but I will do and give you my opinion, I like Eli Roth  Very Happy
[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
Anyone seen Wake wood ? Is it worth a watch scratch
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri May 06, 2016 7:15 am

Well guys, I love Eli Roth movies. If anything, he's guilty of doing what Rob Zombie does - casting his wife in prominent roles in every movie he makes. Green Inferno is a love it or hate it film, in my opinion. It is brutal in places, and is decidedly NOT for general audiences, due to the taboo subjects (cannibalism, sexual torture, etc), but if you liked the inspiration for this movie, Cannibal Holocaust, you'll likely enjoy it. The plot device used to "distract" the villagers, allowing the group to escape, is a bit far fetched, but I can overlook it myself. Overall, it wasn't the epic I had been hoping for, but will watch it again. Smile

Nico, I have a copy of Wakewood, but have yet to watch it. Reviews seemed okay.

I just picked up a copy of The Witch today. I have heard it's very good, and am looking forward to watching it.

Ian

PS. Can't post in this thread without an 80's flashback. Today's selection - a forgotten Wes Craven gem. Deadly Friend. Worth it just for the basketball scene alone. buzzing
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri May 06, 2016 7:10 pm

I've seen Wakewood now(it was on the horror channel on cable) I thought it was OK Very Happy (I'll let you watch it guys What a Face )

Look foreward to hearing your verdict on The Witch Ian, that film has been on my list cheers

I have not seen Deadly friend but will defo hunt it down now cheers I love getting recommends from threads like this Very Happy

I remember watching Deadly Blessing by Wes Craven thou, ' If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out ' What a Face

Incubus Twisted Evil My fav horror films would be late 70's/80's, frickin love it cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat May 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Looking foreward to giving this a watch  Very Happy I haven't seen it but watching the trailer I do remember the character Samantha  What a Face

Love the 80's horror trailers cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Mon May 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Nico wrote:

Look foreward to hearing your verdict on The Witch Ian, that film has been on my list cheers

Well, I watched it last night. It's a very slow moving movie, and feels authentic to the time period it is set (1800's). It also has a very unique style. The movie focuses on one family forced to leave a community and their life in isolation. Father isn't a very effective provider, mother loses her shit, and there are 5 children that all play defined roles. I've heard the story serves as a commentary on psychological abuse within a family, and I definitely see that. It will keep you guessing. Is it real or hallucination? Is the witch a foreign entity or someone in the family? It addresses these questions directly in the film, so it effectively tries to keep you wondering how it ends. I guessed the answers towards the end of the movie, but even still I wasn't entirely sure until minutes before all is revealed.

Good movie, but if you're expecting a typical modern style, this is not it. Recommended. popcorn

Nico wrote:I have not seen Deadly friend but will defo hunt it down now cheers I love getting recommends from threads like this Very Happy

I will admit it's cheesy as hell, but it was one of my absolute fave movies when it came out. I had the serious hots for Samantha, and it suckered me into feeling absolute heartbreak at the end.

And hey, the robot sidekick is a little yellow guy who talks in beeps, has an oval head, and rolls to get around (on treads instead of a beachball), and is even named.......BB. Distant relative of BB-8?

Nico wrote:My fav horror films would be late 70's/80's, frickin love it cheers

Same here!!!

Speaking of which, time for another dose of 80's goodness. Maybe more sci-fi than horror, but since we're talking about killer robots, hard to beat Gene Simmons and his little robot spiders of death in Runaway. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm

runaway rules I saw it in the theater . im also a huge original kiss fan ( only 70's)

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon May 09, 2016 11:29 pm

rockon Very Happy cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri May 13, 2016 5:19 pm

In honor of today's date, I'll be watching a Jason marathon later.

How do you guys rank them all?  Here's how I see them.

Friday the 13th Part 3 3D

Without doubt my fave of the franchise. It has my favorite version of Jason in it, and is even the first film where he dons the iconic mask.  The film came out at the peak of the early 80's 3D craze, and we got Jason popping off the screen.  None of the other major 80's horror villains got a 3D movie. Smile  Well, I guess you can count a brief 10 minute scene in Wes Craven's new Nightmare, but this was the only franchise villain to get an entire movie this way.  It has a biker gang, insanely hot chicks, some of the best kill scenes of the franchise, and even an old dude holding a human eyeball out towards the audience.  

Most memorable kill:  Jason nails a hand-walking dude with a machete right through the nuts, slicing him in half from the bottom up.

Friday the 13th

The one that started it all!

The slasher genre had barely begun, with only Halloween and Psycho as major titles predating it.  One of the stars was Kevin Bacon, in his very first feature film - and he doesn't last long.  Most surprising to many non-hardcore viewers is Jason receives only a couple of mentions and a brief flashback of when he drowned in Camp Crystal Lake, then the jump scare at the end, and that's it for his involvement in this movie.  The killer is actually his mother, Pamela Voorhees.  This movie was groundbreaking, as most films before this in the horror genre had mostly non-bloody kill scenes, or deaths that happened off camera, but here, Tom Savini showed off some of the explicit gore he'd become famous for in one of his earliest films with effects that mostly hold up even today.

Most memorable kill:  Has to be Kevin Bacon, with the closeup shot of a spear head being driven through his throat from underneath his bed.

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

At the time of its release in 1984, it was promoted as the conclusion in the Friday franchise, with a fourth movie in an era where it was very rare to exceed a franchise beyond a trilogy.  We all know how that turned out though, lol.  This one picks up immediately where Part 3 left off, taking the supposedly dead Jason to a morgue, where he of course wakes up and causes more mayhem.  While still located mostly in a woodland setting, this was the first movie not actually in Camp Crystal Lake, and introduces a new concept - a family home complete with kids.  Of course, everyone knows little Tommy Jarvis, who has a fascination with horror makeup and masks, was played by a brand new to the screen Corey Feldman, who would go on to become an 80's icon.  He's not the only big star though, as George McFly himself, Crispin Glover, gives a performance memorable for his crazy bad dancing, and an iconic scene of him demanding where a corkscrew was, only to get it impaled through his hand.  It's crazy they promoted it as the last one though, considering the ending heavily implied Tommy had become insane and would be the "new" Jason (which I'll follow up on later in this list).

Most memorable kill: The "death" of Jason himself wins this one.  To drive home the idea this was it for Jason, not only did he get a machete buried in the side of his head, but he fell to the floor, showing the machete slowly sliding through his skull, and when his hand quivers, Tommy goes ballistic, hacking away at him repeatedly with the machete. Shocked

Friday the 13th Part 2

The story picks up several years after Part 1, with that film's sole survivor, Alice, trying to move on with her life in her apartment.  Of course, as the story goes (and explained later in the film around a campfire), Jason, who had survived his drowning accident as a kid and grown up alone in the woods a savage, witnessed his mother's death in Part 1, and got his revenge on Alice, making her Jason's first official victim in the film which debuted him as the central villain, the role he has had in every entry in the franchise except the first one and the fifth.  Sadly, after that opening scene, the movie literally became a total rehash of the first one with nothing really making it stand apart from that film until the very end, when they threw in the strange twist of fooling Jason by the heroine's portrayal of Pamela Voorhees.  I've shown the movie goodwill by ranking it so high though due its significance of being Jason's first starring role.

Most memorable kill: While the scene itself wasn't the most graphic or even most realistic in the film, seeing a guy in a wheelchair take a machete in the head and then rolling backward down a staircase was a hell of a shocking scene.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

Many people find this to be their favorite in the franchise, but I always had a hard time with the relatively mild kill scenes and poor production values that made this too close to the ultra-cheesy mid-80's horror films it was released alongside with.  Having said that, there are some iconic scenes.  Jason, "dead" since Part 4, is unwittingly resurrected at the hands of the now grown Tommy Jarvis, who is haunted by memories of Jason and wants to confirm he is dead.  After exhuming his corpse, he impales it with an iron spike, but silly Tommy did this during a thunderstorm, and a lightning bolt that hits the spike brings a rotting Jason back to life in the opening sequence.  Tommy ends up being arrested while running from Jason, and as the body count adds up, the sheriff believes ex-asylum inmate Tommy is responsible, while Tommy falls in love with the sheriff's daughter.  This is the movie that has the famous paintball scene, as Jason dispatches pretty much everyone playing a friendly game of paintball in the woods.  It even has comic relief, as one guy tries to shoot Jason with a paintball.  This movie also has the dubious distinction of being the first to make Jason virtually indestructible, as he takes bullets at point blank range and they don't even slow him down.  Bonus points for having rock legend Alice Cooper perform the theme song for this movie though. clapping

Most memorable kill: Most of the deaths in this movie are relatively non-graphic, except for the opening scene, where Tommy's buddy tries to get in the way of the newly resurrected Jason, who promptly punches through his chest and out his back, while holding his still beating heart in his hand.

Friday the 13th (2009)

Rather than go for Part 11 in the franchise, Michael Bay (yes, THAT Michael Bay Sad ), reboots the franchise.  While it does have many of the typical modern horror film cliches and Bay's distinctive production values, for the most part you can tell original director Sean S. Cunningham's involvement brought it back to some of its roots as well.  The first half of the movie combines and condenses main points from the first 4 movies in the franchise (opening scene has Jason's mother Pamela, he starts by wearing a sack on his head before acquiring the hockey mask, it heavily involves seeing a victim as his mother, and has a plot point from Part 4 with a guy looking for his sister).  It's set in and around Camp Crystal Lake, and involves the brutal slaughter of a bunch of horny college age kids.  Most critics point to Jason using booby traps and an underground system to keep prisoners as negatives though.  I personally loved it, although it can never take the place of the originals.

Most memorable kill: A girl goes water skiing.  After her boyfriend takes an arrow to the eyeball, his boat goes out of control and whacks her on the head.  Concussed, and panicked by seeing Jason stalking her on the shore, she tries to hide under a dock.  After Jason walks above her and apparently leaves, she breathes in relief, only to have a machete stab down through the planks into the top of her head.  Jason pulls the machete up, lifting her to the bottom of the walkway, and with her eyes rolling in her head, she slowly slides off the machete into the water.  Awesome death scene.

Freddy vs Jason

Technically, this isn't part of the Friday franchise, but after years and years of rumors and abandoned attempts, New Line's acquisition of the Friday movies paved the way for Jason to finally have an onscreen showdown with Freddy Krueger.  There were some terrific scenes in this movie, it paid homage to the origins of both villains, and had two epic showdowns between the two, but overall it left most fans underwhelmed.  The ending was a bit of a copout, with Jason seemingly winning by carrying around Freddy's severed head, but the final scene of Freddy's head winking led to a "who really won" debate that was never answered.  I think it just tried too hard, and ended up cramming too much into it.  Huge bonus points for killing off Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland though. yay

Most memorable kill: There are some good ones here, but one of the biggest reactions when I saw this in the theater was definitely towards the beginning of the movie, when Jason had a victim lying stomach down on a bed, and he slammed it in half, bending the person in half backwards.  Ouch.  Nice comedic kill as well when Freddy was about to kill someone in their dream, and Jason denied him by killing the person in the "real" world first.  Freddy's tantrum was hilarious.

Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood

I have mixed opinions about this one.  It has some classic moments which make me want to love it, but at the same time, in an attempt to give us something new, it went in a really silly direction.  Seems that with Jason chained to the bottom of the lake after the end to Part 6, we shift focus to a teenage telekinetic named Tina, whose father died in that same lake.  Tina has an emotional breakdown at the lake, and while wishing her father back, inadvertently brings Jason back instead.  Some cool mayhem results, but the end battle is like the producers wanted to give us Jason vs Carrie, and we got a silly sequence instead.  The "psychiatrist who's really a bad guy" character was also unnecessary and a bad addition to the plot.  The ending was even more ridiculous, as Tina finally resurrects her dead father, who saves her by dragging Jason back into the lake to save the day. scratch   I have to mention this was the film that introduced the zombie look to Jason, played by Kane Hodder, which has become a fan favorite version of the character.

Most memorable kill:  The kills in this were mostly generic, so it's hard to really give one, although he used a hedge trimmer with a circular saw blade in one kill, which was unique.

Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning

What does a movie studio do when it heavily promotes a film as the "Final Chapter", but it does so well they want to continue the franchise?  Well, the answer to that is this movie.  As mentioned above, this movie is only the second one to not feature Jason Voorhees at the main killer.  Or is it?  That's the question they raise throughout the movie, as we focus on Tommy Jarvis, who is now at a mental hospital which for some reason is located in a secluded wooded area (aside from a nearby home with a mentally challenged meanie and his nasty mother).  Tommy is diagnosed as being mentally unstable, and after one of the inmates is killed by a psycho, it sets off a Jason copycat killer who hides behind the iconic mask.  Tommy is hinted at being the killer, while Tommy is convinced it's Jason resurrected.  Turns out it's neither, as the poor guy killed at the hospital that started the killing spree off was the son of the ambulance driver who answered the call that day, and seeing his son brutally murdered sent him into a rage that incited his vengeance against everyone there.  Needless to say, the plot twist was considered very weak, and while the rest of the movie isn't really bad compared to the others, it was enough to leave most people with a negative opinion of the film overall.

Most memorable kill: A guy whose car has broken down runs into Jason, who sticks an ignited road flare in his mouth, lighting up his face like a jack o'lantern.

Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan

As a devoted fan of the franchise, I find these last three movies hard to watch at all, as they are all beyond bad.  This one starts out innocently enough, as a high school graduation party rents a boat to go on a cruise to New York.  Jason ends up being a stowaway on the boat, and proceeds to kill almost everyone on it.  Despite the title, Jason only arrives in NYC in the last 20 minutes or so of the movie, and really doesn't do much there, stalking one character as opposed to going Berserk on the Big Apple.  As with the previous film, the ending is silly, as he gets submerged in toxic waste and somehow transforms into a child, before melting away completely.  I have been highly critical of the last two decades of Hollywood movies, as it seems almost every movie must be taken out of its traditional setting and reset in either Los Angeles or New York, and this movie was one of the first to do that.  Still, as bad as this movie is, it's nowhere near as bad as the last two abominations on this list.

Most memorable kill: A guy confronts Jason on the roof of a building.  One punch from Jason decapitates the guy, whose head rolls down a sloped roof on a lower level and into a dumpster, where the lid promptly shuts.

Jason X

Oh my, this movie is bad.  It actually has some of the best kills in the franchise, but not even that can make up for the awful story.  It starts in "present day", with Jason about to kill another young woman, but the military steps in, and they manage to cryogenically freeze the entire area, finally stopping him, but also freezing the victim.  They leave him frozen for centuries.  Flash forward to the year 2455, and a salvage crew on a spaceship lands on the now-inhospitable Earth, and recovers the two frozen bodies.  Some new medical biotechnology is able to recreate damaged and/or lost tissue on people, and we see it in action on a couple of people.  Jason, who the freshly awoken woman warns the crew about, awakes and takes out most of the ship.  However, with the help of a female android, they blow off some of Jason's limbs and half his head, effectively killing him yet again.  However, he lands on the regeneration table along with some metal pieces, and the biotechnology "fixes" him, by combining input from both his flesh and the metal pieces to replace the missing body parts, giving us.....Uber Jason, an unstoppable cyborg.  Yeah, this is stupid.  They don't even really kill him in the end, he's just left to float away in space.  Thankfully, this marked the end of the classic era of Friday movies, as it had come a far distance from its awesome roots and was now a total parody of itself.  The remake started to right some of those wrongs, and apparently, we're getting a new Friday film later this year.  yay

Most memorable kill: While caught in a virtual reality machine, Jason is transported to a recreation of Camp Crystal Lake, with two drunken and stoned bimbos, who climb into sleeping bags.  Jason proceeds to take one of the sleeping bags, smash it onto the other bag several times to "kill" the fantasy women, then finishes by slamming the bag into a tree.

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday

For the second time in the franchise's history, a movie claims to be the "final" one.  Of course, this ends up being just as untrue as the previous time, as we've seen Jason several times since then, but at least it signaled an end to the almost annual Friday films at that time.  Unlike the previous Final Friday film, though, this one is pure garbage.  Ever since Part 7, the franchise relied on silly gimmicks to sell the movies.  However, while the premise of a telekinetic vs Jason or Jason invading New York had some appeal before we saw the final outcome (the same way the next film, Jason in space, sounded interesting in theory), this was was just preposterous.  Right at the beginning, Jason is cornered by a SWAT team, filled with bullets, then literally blown to pieces, taking care of him the way any sensible person would do for a guy who can't be put down.  However, they did this at the BEGINNING of the movie!  Jason is killed right off the bat.  But wait!  Jason isn't just an invincible zombie.  He is now a demon spirit, and the rest of this movie is the chase to track down his spirit as it possesses helpless people along the way, making us not know who the killer is from one scene to the next.  Yep, it's as stupid as it sounds.  I won't even continue with the rest of it, as it's not worth your time reading it, never mind my time typing it. Wink

This is easily the worst film in the franchise, and must rank as one of the worst movies ever made.

Most memorable kill: While it signaled the death of the character, this was more a possession scene, as the coroner inspecting Jason's remains inexplicably eats Jason's heart like a lunatic, then proceeds to kill several people.

Hope you all enjoyed my franchise review on this Friday the 13th.  Now go watch the movies!

Ian

PS. With this post being Friday-centric, I may as well make my cheesy 80's horror movie tie in, and does it ever.  An absolute classic in its own right thanks to the spectacular and totally "never saw THAT coming" ending, this film is otherwise a generic, cheap, and very blatant ripoff of Friday the 13th.  SLEEPAWAY CAMP

Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri May 13, 2016 8:19 pm

A great write up Ian, I enjoyed that mate clapping Very similar to my own views although I don't think I've seen any of these movies for quite a while, I will watch 1 or 2 tonight thou What a Face

Lovin your 80's gems thing at the end of your posts bowwing Please keep them coming brother cheers
Sleep away camp I have seen and is worth watching for the totally did not see that coming ending affraid

Enjoy your Friday 13th marathon, hope everyone has a great night Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri May 13, 2016 10:04 pm

My list is also very similar to yours Ian Twisted Evil

I actually rank the funnier ones a little higher like Parts 6 and 10 - I just enjoy a lot of cheese with my horror at times cheeky

I'll write up more later as I am at the spa waiting to get a little manicure and a massage before I venture out for a long night of killing ...

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

It just helps a guy do his best work if he's well rested and relaxed before the bloodshed begins What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sat May 14, 2016 1:35 am

I actually pretty much agree with your ranking Ian ,
except Jason X never seen it and its the only I don't own

Happy Friday the 13th everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me and the wife just got done watching burial ground the nights of terror in honor of today

James man that was the funniest shit ive ever seen on tig when you had tiggy , FUCKING BRILLIANT , im still laughing , enjoy your manicure lol! lol!

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sat May 14, 2016 8:59 am

hellhippie wrote:James man that was the funniest shit ive ever seen on tig when you had tiggy , FUCKING BRILLIANT , im still laughing , enjoy your manicure lol! lol!

Thanks Bill  cheers

Those were some good times ...

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

cheeky

Okay here's the best I can do to rate the titles (1st to last)  -

#3 - Jason gets his mask and lots of good cheesy humor - 'nuff said  What a Face

#4 - Glover and the hot twins are highlights for me in this one  .

#7 - love Kane Hodder Jason - yes the whole psychic aspect was a bit of a stretch but by movie 7 how realistic could it really be  lol!

#1 - the twist ending was great and original for the time .

#6 - just too fucking funny and it has Horseshack in it  cheeky

Freddy vs Jason

#10 - I never watched this one until 10 years ago or so - when it came out at the theatres I thought Jason in space - how stupid . Once I watched it for the 1st time I was older and just appreciated the humor .

#8 - bad movie ? Yes ! But somehow it amuses me  cheeky

The Remake - not bad but I still like most of the originals better .

#2- lead chicks not hot enough and Jason's potato sack is lame  Razz

#5 - stupid concept  st00pid

#9 - not only the worst movie of this franchise but also ranks with some of my most hated movies of all time - I despise this one  angryfire

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sat May 14, 2016 10:23 am

oh also #1 is my favorite bar none but I really oved 3d as well ...

as for sleepaway camp I meant to say ; when I was a kid I didn't have the first 3 minutes of the movie on vhs . I had tons of horror in the eighties but the first three minutes of my copy which had the title in it were missing so I named it " the chick with a dick " i'll never forget my mothers face when she saw that one in my collection when I was young . needless to say I had some explaining to do lol!

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Sat May 14, 2016 11:55 am

Totally agree with Sleep Away camp!!! Classic film and yes, never saw that and damn right creepy as fuck ending!!!

You gotta love the 80's for the fact the 'tuff' guy wears hot pants and has his t-shirt tied in a knot up front!!! I always find it bizarre as well that the only guy who actually survives is the creepy paedophile cook??? What the fuck???

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun May 15, 2016 3:26 am

I remember that image well, what must people have thought affraid
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Sun May 15, 2016 9:55 am

I remember these images well..... and I certainly know what I was thinking!!! cheeky

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu May 19, 2016 8:11 am

Everybody loves boobs cheers

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu May 19, 2016 1:32 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
Everybody loves boobs cheers

[200][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

LOL!

I have SEEN that movie James!  Unfortunately, compared to others in the...ummm....genre, it is not a very good one. Sad  It does have an interesting way for 'Jason' to kill people though....

How about some 80's goodness?  The Keep

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu May 19, 2016 8:35 pm

'Something is murdering my men Evil or Very Mad '
I enjoyed The Keep, a fortress built to keep evil in Twisted Evil the soundtrack was by Tangerine Dream who also did the soundtrack for an 1987 vampire favourite of mine Near Dark What a Face
I love the artwork on some of these great films Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu May 19, 2016 10:08 pm

I enjoyed the Keep as well - it was pretty creepy What a Face

Tangerine Dream also did the soundtrack for Firestarter (Dad has that one and several other Tangerine Dreams in his album collection) .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri May 20, 2016 1:55 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:I enjoyed the Keep as well - it was pretty creepy  What a Face

Tangerine Dream also did the soundtrack for Firestarter  (Dad has that one and several other Tangerine Dreams in his album collection) .
James, your dad must have an awesome music collection mate and I know has excellent taste cheers (All those Zappa albums Very Happy )

Tangerine Dream made some pretty cool synthesizer soundtracks, I Don't think I've seen Firestarter (that's a Stephen King one scratch ) Is it worth a watch bro ?
I bought this book a few years ago, it contains all the artwork from the so called video nasty era, some great images man  What a Face

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri May 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Firestarter is a pretty decent movie Andy - I liked it anyway What a Face

It's a Stephen King story and has George C Scott and Drew Barrymore ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top