"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!  - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!

Post by Ian_C Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Yup, that was him.

I'm having a hard time remembering his username. I think he had a Power Droid as his avatar.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!  - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!

Post by General Kahn Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:02 pm

On the other hand there are the good guys, I remember Sean and Ryan Lemkool having a Vinyl Cape Jawa on a torn card with barely any card left, just round the bubble and the opposite corner, many would say the perfect example for a u-grade but they have said that, that will never happen Very Happy

It actually has a certain charm, like the DT Ben with the corner of the card cut off.
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Just remembered his name.  rulair  Man, he got some serious hate for that stunt with the DT's.

Good on those guys for the Jawa.  I would have done the same thing.  I have a Weequay on cut card.  Just a bubble still sealed with the rest of the card gone.  It would be easy to open it for a mint loose one (I refuse AFA, so that's not an option), but it just stays with me here.  I want to sell it, but don't want it to end up in the hands of a U grader. Sad

Did you see Bill McBride's trashed DT Obi-Wan a couple of months ago?  I think he was asking $36,000 for it, and it was missing a large chunk of card.  And....it sold. jaw

*EDIT* Duh, that's probably the Ben you referred to at the end of your post. st00pid

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Man what a tool someone should unmint him.

Oh and that other guy (Alex) using that toothpick he calls a knife to open them, All wrong man this is what you use lol
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:41 pm

arohk wrote:

Oh and that other guy (Alex) using that toothpick he calls a knife to open them, All wrong man this is what you use lol

rofl

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:47 pm

arohk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nice sword Larry clapping cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Yup that is what I was think Ian lol

Thanks Nico that is one of many sharp pointy things I have my katana is my pride and joy though, I am sure even Alex would feel right at home here lol
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:58 pm

yeah that dude comes off like a real douche , if I was there I woulda put crazy glue on the rim of his wine glass
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Seems my that my technique for opening boxes is becoming an internet craze, in the last two days I've seen three different videos of people opening parcels with knifes and swords....

Snooze you loose bitches! I was doing that shit two and a half years ago! gkhan
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Well they do say 'immitation is the highest form of flattery' Alex. Next time I send you a package, you can take things up a notch & use a chainsaw. lol!
(I can recommend Husqvarna)
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:45 pm

General Kahn wrote:Haha

@trappedtexan

I have my own thread now Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the video, definately not staged, you can tell by the laugh and the voices in the background, they sound like student dicks trying to be 'edgy'

I wouldn't mind unminting his bitch arse!!! Twisted Evil
  Sad thing is people actually put forth the time and effort with their attempts to spite others which to me is undoubtedly what took place in that vid. Let me know when you do the unminting so I can watch popcorn  and then crack a glass of wine on his head and see if that female is still giggling.
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 200
Focus : Loose, boxed, carded, Kenner, Non Kenner. Oh ya and die cast

Back to top Go down

"Unminting Unboxing' - ars*holes everywhere!  - Page 2 Empty it's their life

Post by wlee76 Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:41 am

they own the figure, if they want to open it and spoil it there is nothing we can do except cry
wlee76
wlee76
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:10 pm

wlee76 wrote:they own the figure, if they want to open it and spoil it there is nothing we can do except cry

To each their own for sure. What someone does in the privacy of their own home is their business to an extent. I'd be the first to say fun  to anyone passing judgement on me pertaining to my private affairs if I'm not harming others. In this instance, however, it was chosen by the participates in the video to post globally which is therefore public. It shows a lack of respect for the item and what it represents.
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am

Well said Paul.

This guy was filmed opening an MOC by a toy comic book shop owner. It was then posted on FB and the shop owner tagged my blog on FB. Obviously they received a lot of criticism. So what did they do? They posted a new video of the guy buying and ripping open another MOC. Not exactly common ones either. His excuse was that the bubbles were yellowing....

Here's the FB link if you can view it:

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:35 am

Personally if I owned a buisnes and knew that someone was going to do that, then I wouldn't sell them the item. I wouldn't care about not making a sale, I simply wouldn't sell the item.

The thing that annoys me about this more than anything is the fact he wants the loose figure because he collects loose figures. So why not just buy a mint loose figure? It certainly wouldn't cost as much and would be just as mint? Alternatively trade the MOC for a mint loose one, sure there are plenty of people who would gladly do this if it's only the loose figure that he wants.
To me, this is blatantly aimed to piss people off, he knows what he's doing and the effect it will have and that's the only reason he's doing it in my opinion, if it's not then he really is a thick bastard!
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:38 pm

ChristianC wrote:Well said Paul.

This guy was filmed opening an MOC by a toy comic book shop owner. It was then posted on FB and the shop owner tagged my blog on FB. Obviously they received a lot of criticism. So what did they do? They posted a new video of the guy buying and ripping open another MOC. Not exactly common ones either. His excuse was that the bubbles were yellowing....

Here's the FB link if you can view it:

Oh Christian...you know I've watched this so no need for me to click on the link. Well maybe you don't know cheeky but I have Suspect . I absolutely cannot believe he actually gave his justification of " He needed a loose one"? Just as Alex points out in his post beneath yours angryfire

Must comment on that shop owner as well. Ethics vs. Money. Here's a prime example, to me at least, that if this guy (shop owner) has not the ethic to stop this guy then what else in his life does he not have ethics with? Ok I'm thinking too much into it but slackers really piss me off.
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:35 pm

Feel free to share the hell out of this video I made about 'Dark Side' Steve Daniels, the prick from the video.
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:02 pm

cheers lol! cheers

Brilliant bowwing
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

The entire idea of idiots doing this is baffling. Having said that, the more we post our disgust the more they will get off on it and do it again.
The shop and Steve proved that by doing another video. We should view these losers as trolls and ignore. It's useless to try to make them see reason.
I say to my daughter "if your brother is annoying you, simply ignore him, he'll stop".
I also say to my son "if someone busts open a MOC in front of you, round house the mother##ker".

I love the video General, the card back reveal was almost as funny as the Falcon reveal in TFA!
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:51 am

Haha, this guy's wife just messaged me, it's seems I've upset a few people.... which has made my night, because I certainly didn't waste 5 minutes of my day to cheer the Daniels family up cheeky
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 am

Well I'd say your message has been received and learning has taken place.

It's probably time to take the video down now as I wouldn't want you to end up on the wrong side of some law I'm not aware of.
Plus when families get involved and people start getting upset, we don't know what's going on, something simple like this could end up with his kids being bullied at school?
So maybe it's best to take it down as I'm genuinely not sure how some people would react about having a video like that about them on the Internet.
In some eyes it could now be seen as bullying and harassment.
Great campaign and a cause I agree with but, for the sake of you and this forum, I'd say unplug it.
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:06 am

I had to laugh a lot when watching your video, Alex. Very Happy
But I agree with Jez.

Steve does not seem to be the guy who can handle feedback so well. Let alone satiric videos with some joly good UK humor.
Steve will probably contact Youtube and FB to press for measures. And he is just not worth it to loose risking your accounts.

Let Karma deal with Steve from now on while we ignore him into oblivion.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:15 am

I have removed the video, I was thinking about it last night, at least I got my message across, but I kind of got the feeling last night from his wife that the jack arse might try and sue me or something.
I don't need that right now and at the end of the day, it ended up proving more points than I ever set out, the coward didn't even confront me personally, he got his wife, friends and work colleagues to do it for him.
I think his wife was more upset that I called him an animal abuser cheeky

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Unusually diplomatic for me I thought cheeky
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:42 am

General Kahn wrote:I have removed the video, I was thinking about it last night, at least I got my message across, but I kind of got the feeling last night from his wife that the jack arse might try and sue me or something.
I don't need that right now and at the end of the day, it ended up proving more points than I ever set out, the coward didn't even confront me personally, he got his wife, friends and work colleagues to do it for him.

I wanna see, I wanna see banana
Alex you have to please send it my way bounce bounce bounce
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:21 pm

wlee76 wrote:they own the figure, if they want to open it and spoil it there is nothing we can do except cry

Easy cop out excuse.

If people said nothing, the people unaware of the damage they do to the hobby will never learn. Collectors like us who vocalize not only our displeasure, but explain why it's bad have caused MANY newer collectors to see the error of their ways. Even if our efforts only stop one person from opening vintage items, it's a success.

And as for not commenting on the idiot's youtube page, we know stopping these attention whores is a lost cause, but we might get the attention of some of the commenters. Wink

General Kahn wrote:Personally if I owned a buisnes and knew that someone was going to do that, then I wouldn't sell them the item. I wouldn't care about not making a sale, I simply wouldn't sell the item.

The thing that annoys me about this more than anything is the fact he wants the loose figure because he collects loose figures. So why not just buy a mint loose figure? It certainly wouldn't cost as much and would be just as mint? Alternatively trade the MOC for a mint loose one, sure there are plenty of people who would gladly do this if it's only the loose figure that he wants.
To me, this is blatantly aimed to piss people off, he knows what he's doing and the effect it will have and that's the only reason he's doing it in my opinion, if it's not then he really is a thick bastard!

I agree 100% Alex. Maybe I don't own a business because I'd be turning people like this away and costing me money - but my ethics are intact. Smile

And for the excuse of needing 'mint' - there's lots of silly AFA crap a mint loose collector can buy.

General Kahn wrote:I have removed the video, I was thinking about it last night, at least I got my message across, but I kind of got the feeling last night from his wife that the jack arse might try and sue me or something.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Never was able to see the video, as youtube keeps crashing on me.

However, it shows the cowardly nature of this loser to get everyone except himself to confront you. Fuck 'em, once they make that shit public, they're opening themselves to public reaction. That means they need to take the bad with the good. I would have implied he raped his pets, not abused them. thefinger

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum