Are you too old to game? I think not when it's SW Battlefront!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are you too old to game? I think not when it's SW Battlefront!  Empty Are you too old to game? I think not when it's SW Battlefront!

Post by Paul Armory Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Gaming is something I've done here and there for years. It started with the arcades of course, bowling alleys and convenience stores. My age does not impede my need to game.

If by chance you do play Battlefront on the PS4 then look me up pacman443 and we'll make our run at it.
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 200
Focus : Loose, boxed, carded, Kenner, Non Kenner. Oh ya and die cast

Back to top Go down

Are you too old to game? I think not when it's SW Battlefront!  Empty Re: Are you too old to game? I think not when it's SW Battlefront!

Post by cantina_patron Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 pm

You're never too old for gaming Paul. Unfortunately I don't have a PS4, but hopefully there will be some guys here that you can play Battlefront with.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Are you too old to game? I think not when it's SW Battlefront!  Empty Re: Are you too old to game? I think not when it's SW Battlefront!

Post by Adamski77 Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:02 pm

I bought a PS4 just for the Battlefront game. Don't let the poor reviews on Amazon put you off buying it either guys. If you love Star Wars you'll love it!
Adamski77
Adamski77
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:58 am

Adamski77 wrote:I bought a PS4 just for the Battlefront game. Don't let the poor reviews on Amazon put you off buying it either guys.  If you love Star Wars you'll love it!

Hey that's great! I see many people on the PS4 with few awards so figure maybe they had done what you've stated. Great thing to see and the PS4 system is pretty good too Wink

I understand what the haters have stated. I play the doggone game so I get it and the negatives are negated from the positives. There will always be haters period or maybe I'm an optimistic sob?

It's a first person shooter so it's great when your rockin rockon and horrible when your out gamed from others banghead2 

All we have to do is stop for a moment and think of how many different opinions we've heard about what someone would have did differently with OT. There will always be duel

Many people actually did put many exhaustive hours into creating the game to be as Canon as possible clapping hats off to them for that!
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:13 am

Back in the days I loved playing Battlefront 1 and 2. Pure escapism to the Star Wars universe. cheers

From what I have seen on Youtube this new Battlefront game just looks fantastic.

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamski77 Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:52 am

It is amazing, the scenery is stunning and very realistic. Shame there isn't a bit of gore, when people get shot, but I suppose that's Disney for you!
Adamski77
Adamski77
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:Back in the days I loved playing Battlefront 1 and 2. Pure escapism to the Star Wars universe. cheers

From what I have seen on Youtube this new Battlefront game just looks fantastic.

Indeed! This is only 1 map. Of course there are others and in the future with their DLC's there will be more. Word on the net is that sometime any day EA should release news on what they will be releasing next in regards to the next expansion pack.

I still cannot get over that you cannot prone out Mad See I have my complaints too but that doesn't stop me from charging into the Blaster fire cheeky
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieFortuna Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:56 am

Paul Armory wrote:
Adamski77 wrote:I bought a PS4 just for the Battlefront game. Don't let the poor reviews on Amazon put you off buying it either guys.  If you love Star Wars you'll love it!

Hey that's great! I see many people on the PS4 with few awards so figure maybe they had done what you've stated. Great thing to see and the PS4 system is pretty good too Wink

I understand what the haters have stated. I play the doggone game so I get it and the negatives are negated from the positives. There will always be haters period or maybe I'm an optimistic sob?

It's a first person shooter so it's great when your rockin rockon and horrible when your out gamed from others banghead2 

All we have to do is stop for a moment and think of how many different opinions we've heard about what someone would have did differently with OT. There will always be duel

Many people actually did put many exhaustive hours into creating the game to be as Canon as possible clapping hats off to them for that!

Good news for you incase you didnt know, its both FPS and 3rd person.

Hit the D pad to take you to third person i think, i only ever play in 3rd person as i find i have better awareness and i just enjoy it more.

I havnt played online only the single player missions and ive had heaps of fun.

Im still very much learning to game, come in very late to gaming and PS4 just for this game and some racing/rally games, im blown away how far gamings come.

PROJECT CARS........BOOM!! Has a few online bugs but its simply stunning and incredible to drive, the only real deal SIM on the ps4, just waiting on sebastien loeb rally to turn up, WRC5 was very disappointing

Paul, to old? never,  great to see you having as much fun as me, could never have dreamed we could be playing this sort of stuff as a kid,cheers

cheers
AussieFortuna
AussieFortuna
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 85
Focus : Kenner and Bootlegs

Back to top Go down

Post by Section 8 Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:18 pm

The graphic are ace and some of the online battles are good. I think the game play could be better though and annoyingly there is no main story or mission to complete.

Section 8
Section 8
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 77
Focus : Rebuying childhood items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosh Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:17 pm

I played it some weeks ago at my brother's, but something was wrong and for most of that night the console had no internet connection, so I had to play offline. I must say it got boring for me after a couple of hours: the combat scenarios are minuscule and no matter the character you choose, the play mode is mostly the same. The graphics were amazing but the small area you played in rendered them secondary. It was only on the next morning that the problem was solved and the online mode seemed more promising but a) I did not have any more time to play and b) I was getting killed oh so easily : P
Mosh
Mosh
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 195
Focus : No focus at all; I just buy what I like.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103523056@N06/albums

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Ball_MD Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:14 pm

I play Battlefront whenever I get a chance on the PS4, Purest_green
Dr_Ball_MD
Dr_Ball_MD
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 224
Focus : Zuckuss

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamshaft Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Anyone got Battlefront on Xbox One? Sorry no PS4.

My gamertag is the same as my forum name.
Kamshaft
Kamshaft
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 290

http://www.camerongraphics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieFortuna Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Sniper elite 3 is a super fun game as is zombie army, both by the same devs i think.
AussieFortuna
AussieFortuna
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 85
Focus : Kenner and Bootlegs

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top