The Luke Skywalker Farmboy Saber Coordination Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Luke Skywalker Farmboy Saber Coordination Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Luke Skywalker Farmboy Saber Coordination Thread

Post by Machinegunn Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks for the kind words and welcomes Commander Clint, Nico & Ian_C!

As far as help goes, I am no expert at Coo's and what not, but what I meant was a feeble attempt at humor, meaning I need all kinds of help, upstairs in me head and otherwise, lol!

I've pretty much been collecting my whole life, as much as I could... I also eventually gave up on modern and got rid of 98% of it... It just wasn't resonating with me anymore like the Kenner always has...

I will do the intro thingy later today hopefully...

Hope the Luke photos help TheGent, and I certainly hope he gets more material from the community...
Machinegunn
Machinegunn
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 35
Focus : Anything vintage Kenner!

Back to top Go down

The Luke Skywalker Farmboy Saber Coordination Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Luke Skywalker Farmboy Saber Coordination Thread

Post by Ian_C Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Ha, well sarcastic humor is appreciated here. Very Happy

I have done the same thing with my modern. Was a completist from 1995-2006 (loose and packaged). Finances and frustration at items not available in Canada made me quit, and everything just sat there until 2015, when another financial issue hit, and I decided to sell it. I was forced to part with some key vintage too ( Sad ), but all of my packaged modern stuff went up for sale. At one point, I had close to 1000 carded figures, and am down to 7, and less than a dozen vehicles/playsets/beasts/multipacks. For the people that say modern is worth nothing, I have done pretty much the whole thing at no less than $4 a figure (not far from original retail), and some pretty high - patience is key.

Anyway, looking forward to your intro. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machinegunn Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:12 am

Hey Ian,

You are not alone my friend... I have had a lot of the same issues and feelings over the years. Sorry to hear about you having to part with key vintage, that's the worst but unfortunately that's what seems to fetch the most in tough times... I know I've had my share.

Hope you have been able to replace some of that vintage stuff....

I feel like we high jacked this Lightsaber thread... my sincere apologies to TheGent.

-Danny
Machinegunn
Machinegunn
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:18 am

No worries Danny. Sometimes little tangents keep a thread alive, which brings more eyes to it, so all good. Smile

Still selling a few, unfortunately, but hoping that trend reverses in the next year or two.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machinegunn Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:05 am

It will reverse Ian, stay positive man!
Machinegunn
Machinegunn
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:13 am

I had about twenty carded modern Luke figures but last year I gave them to my mate's two kids and watched them rip them off the cards. Was bloody fun to watch!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machinegunn Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:01 am

That's awesome Christian, and hilarious!!

Nothing like giving children the joy of opening Star Wars!!

Its just too bad that Kenner isn't still producing figures for the current generation... and no way in hell am I going to open a vintage Kenner figure, I don't care how bad it looks or if went through an elephants bowel system, lol!
Machinegunn
Machinegunn
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Ball_MD Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Does anyone have any more info on the circles variant DT lightsaber?

I have what I was told as a version 2. You can see the circles along the outer part. Version 1 has a bump on the hilt where mine has an indent which is known as the version 2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dr_Ball_MD
Dr_Ball_MD
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 224
Focus : Zuckuss

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top