Short Pour & Factory Error Figures

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Short Pour & Factory Error Figures - Page 4 Empty Re: Short Pour & Factory Error Figures

Post by jawa.57 Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:07 pm

this string, is for identification in my collection, i have approx 700 figures, and sometimes i forget if it's a meccano, pbp , and other, i have write meccano ( for this figure)... on the paper Wink
jawa.57
jawa.57
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1297
Focus : all vintage star wars

Back to top Go down

Short Pour & Factory Error Figures - Page 4 Empty Re: Short Pour & Factory Error Figures

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Okay I believe I have waited long enough after this Ebay auction ended to share it with those here that may not have seen it ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was not the purchaser but it is probably the coolest error I have ever seen buzzing

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

It sold for $7,100 whew
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's a cool one (:

Is it a mistake made at the factory? Or maybe they had a bunch of over-produced C-3POs they didn't want to go to waste and willingly recycled as DSDs?
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Chancellor_Peter Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:20 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:It sold for $7,100 whew

GAH I can imgaine how much more it would have been SOLD for IF the Kenner Proof Of Purchase seal was intact on the ESB 45A Card Back! buzzing jaw
Chancellor_Peter
Chancellor_Peter
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 524
Location : Somewhere out there in the Outer Rim Territories....
Focus : Mint In Box Vehicles, Playsets, Display Stands, Loose & Complete figures and Variants, 1985 POTF Coins and TESB MOC figures

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:47 pm

The Death Star Droid carded error is without doubt cool, but it falls into the category of unbelievable odds at the same time. In my post a while back I mentioned the unlikely situation of one figure having two errors because of the way in which figures where assembled. Now maybe some instances things where different so it would always be impossible to say for certain, but typically, the production process would be as followers:

Parts are produced in an injection mould on sprues. Torso, limb and heads are all produced in different moulds separately. Each mould produces several figure parts in one injection process, usually 2 or 3.
The sprue is removed from the mould and put into a box or container of some sort and the process is repeated, when the container is full it is sent to the next stage where someone cuts the parts from the sprue and puts them into separate containers, left leg, right leg etc. These are the sent to the next stage... Paint, where they are clamped into a spray mask and sprayed.
These are then boxed up and sent for assembly where the parts are randomly picked from a container and assembled.

This is my point. The chances of two errors pieces ending up on one figure that then also manages to make it through quality control are slim to none which is why I always struggle to trust them.
The Death Star C-3PO is an odd one because it is not only the wrong figure with the wrong spray app, it is also three wrong spray apps in the same place and to top it off, it's carded!!! It certainly is an odd one.

I actually have a DSD with no black paint on either shoulder, I've never really trusted it because of the unlikeness of it being produced that way. This certainly is interesting, I personally wouldn't trust it's authenticity just because of the way my mind is set but the hobby certainly does like to throw things at you every once in a while that just out right fuck up everything you think you know...... like the fourth Luke Bespin Lightsaber sculpt!!!!! That's a story for another day though Wink
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Good points Alex Very Happy

I have no clue if it is authentic or not but the seller was Collectible Investment Brokerage (Tom Derby , right ?)

I may be wrong but I thought he is a pretty well known guy scratch

This is what the auction description said :

Offered is a Vintage Kenner Star Wars C-3PO Paint Error on Empire Strikes Back 45 Back Death Star Droid Card.  We have never seen an error of this magnitude or an error this cool before.  We would speculate that a remaining stock of C-3POs, last used on 41-back cards prior to the release of the Removable Limbs version, were mixed up and painted as if they were Death Star Droids only to be placed on 45-back cards.  However, this is just a guess about how this could have happened.  We have never seen another like it.  This is a truly unique item and an amazing piece of Star Wars history.  We have thoroughly inspected the seal and stand behind its authenticity.
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:52 am

that's super cool , wish I owned him

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:29 pm

a couple more that I have seen ...

[500]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

[300]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 am

General Kahn wrote:The Death Star Droid carded error is without doubt cool, but it falls into the category of unbelievable odds at the same time. In my post a while back I mentioned the unlikely situation of one figure having two errors because of the way in which figures where assembled. Now maybe some instances things where different so it would always be impossible to say for certain, but typically, the production process would be as followers:

Parts are produced in an injection mould on sprues. Torso, limb and heads are all produced in different moulds separately. Each mould produces several figure parts in one injection process, usually 2 or 3.
The sprue is removed from the mould and put into a box or container of some sort and the process is repeated, when the container is full it is sent to the next stage where someone cuts the parts from the sprue and puts them into separate containers, left leg, right leg etc. These are the sent to the next stage... Paint, where they are clamped into a spray mask and sprayed.
These are then boxed up and sent for assembly where the parts are randomly picked from a container and assembled.

This is my point. The chances of two errors pieces ending up on one figure that then also manages to make it through quality control are slim to none which is why I always struggle to trust them.
The Death Star C-3PO is an odd one because it is not only the wrong figure with the wrong spray app, it is also three wrong spray apps in the same place and to top it off, it's carded!!! It certainly is an odd one.

I actually have a DSD with no black paint on either shoulder, I've never really trusted it because of the unlikeness of it being produced that way. This certainly is interesting, I personally wouldn't trust it's authenticity just because of the way my mind is set but the hobby certainly does like to throw things at you every once in a while that just out right fuck up everything you think you know...... like the fourth Luke Bespin Lightsaber sculpt!!!!! That's a story for another day though Wink

Is this for sure how every individual part and figure was made? Is it possible that since the paint doesn't cover a joint on the Death Star droid that the screen used was made for figures after assembly? It seems to make sense that they could make a larger screen to cover the entire upper torso except the arm plate and the eye holes and then sprayed the open areas. I have seen a video where they were painting modern figures and the head was already on the torso in the process. I don't remember what figure other than it was some girl being painted. It is possible that the arms were also already attached but I don't recall.

Back to top Go down

Post by jawa.57 Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jawa.57
jawa.57
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1297
Focus : all vintage star wars

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:43 am

funny I had a figure with filled in feet , I used a powerdrill on him . I also had a ben with the sabre arm too tight and did the same thing

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:38 pm

some fantastic new additions to this thread cheers

but man, (if genuine) that miscarded, paint error, C3P0 on a DSD card has to be the greatest/coolest factory error ever found!!!
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10011
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnb Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:25 am

I have a short pour greedo with no coo :
[200]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

Last edited by Johnb on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnb
Johnb
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 185
Focus : Anything Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnb Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:29 am

I also have two han solo hoth that have two different color legs and one is pink face and the other is pale one . I can not put on a stand because there is not enough hole in the feet .

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

Johnb
Johnb
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:17 pm

[300]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:27 am

Ambidextrous Boba lol!
Some cool errors guys cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:27 pm

some great new additions to this thread guys cheers

This fella arrived in the post today Smile

He is another short pour leg, but this one is different to my other in that it is the other leg, which means this time the coo and date stamp are intact.
He also appears to have a rather nasty case of herpes around his helmet  cheeky

[400]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

big thanks to James (ourchickenshack) for the ebay link Smile

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Great interesting figure Chris and a great addition to your Vader focus mate clapping
Just curious, was it advertised as a short pour/error figure, or just a normal listing ?
I am on the hunt for a Lando one of any type What a Face
Great thread guys very cool pieces cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Nico wrote:
Great interesting figure Chris and a great addition to your Vader focus mate clapping
Just curious, was it advertised as a short pour/error figure, or just a normal listing ?
I am on the hunt for a Lando one of any type What a Face
Great thread guys very cool pieces cheers

Thanks Andy Smile
It was not listed as a "short pour" or factory error in the description.
But was described in the listing as having a shorter leg and foot.

Good luck with your search for a Lando, buddy.

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:39 pm

cool vader Chris ... congrats
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:08 am

Really awesome that you got that Vader Chris - didn't look like anyone else even bid on it yay

BTW Andy - if I ever see any Lando errors or oddities you know you'll be the 1st person I tell about them What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 pm

This Lando was a gift from a very good friend about a year ago I think  scratch I forgot I had him but found him yesterday  Very Happy Looks to have a bit of overspray on his left eye  cheers
Looks like someone lamped him and gave him a black eye  lol!

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:49 am

lol great lando Andy , I love this thread

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnb Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:35 pm

I have this posted in another discussion area.i have had this since new.nobody I know of has messed with it,but I am not sure if it is a factory have spray on the eyes and eyebrows.

Johnb
Johnb
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:13 pm

Great Luke Johnb cheers
I remember going into toy stores as a kid to purchase a new figure, which ever character I was after next, I would take every single one off the rack and check them all out individually in order to get the one with the best paint apps/least defects/ straightest sabre ect. I got some funny looks from the store staff doing this, but I wanted my figures looking the best cheers Come to think of it I still do that today when buying a collectable item lol!
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top