What type of cameras are you guys using ?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What type of cameras are you guys using ? Empty What type of cameras are you guys using ?

Post by Nico Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a decent camera(that does not cost the earth) that will allow me to take pics worthy of the forum, I've currently been using iPhone 5s or iPad 3 and it's just not good enough No
Thanks in advance for any advice cheers
CheersvAndy afro
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

What type of cameras are you guys using ? Empty Re: What type of cameras are you guys using ?

Post by Commander Clint Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:54 pm

I use a Canon Powershot G15.  I traded in a bunch of Air Miles and ended up paying about $150 for it.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

What type of cameras are you guys using ? Empty Re: What type of cameras are you guys using ?

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 pm

mine is a Canon Power Shot SX510HS .

I don't know what any of that means but it was the mid range priced one at Staples - about $250 .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:07 pm

Thanks Clint cheers Thanks James cheers (that's a good price for me) Very Happy
I bet Chris uses one of these £2500, judging by the quality of his pics lol!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:14 pm

lol! no not that expensive!

I use a Canon 1200D with a macro lens
My set up can be seen here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

which is in this section, which you might find useful Andy:

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:16 pm

I do believe Chris has a slightly nicer camera then most of us but the quality is mostly due to his superb skills bowwing

I only use auto on my camera because I'm stupid - Chris could get twice as good pics with my camera as I do because he knows how to use them properly lol!
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:I do believe Chris has a slightly nicer camera then most of us but the quality is mostly due to his superb skills bowwing

I only use auto on my camera because I'm stupid - Chris could get twice as good pics with my camera as I do because he knows how to use them properly lol!
Chris certainly has the knowledge mate, but I've been very impressed with your pics James since you got your camera cheers I will look into that one Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:58 pm

When my dad upgraded his Olympus 510 to an olympus 600, he gave me the old one and one lence. I then bought a macro lense, a ring flash, and a semi-pro 200 mm lense.  When dad passed away, I took over the olympus 600, which is the camera, that I ususally use now.

Here some photos of the equipment taken with my small Traveler pocket camera.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 220
Focus : loose variations (Kenner and foreign licensed)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 pm

That's some great equipment you have there Henrik cheers Thanks for posting pics mate Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:26 am

Henrik. those are a couple really nice cameras. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:21 am

That's a nice looking camera and great set of lenses you have there Henrik.
Any pictures you could help provide, for our reference library, of your amazing collection, would greatly appreciated :-)
I know our Glasslite, Takara and Top Toys sections need a big helping hand.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks guys.

Will gladly help with pictures for the library. Actually, I belive the Takara, Toptoys and Glasslite coo pictures are from me, but I might be able to take some better ones.
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:54 pm

yes your coo pics were a massive help, thank you so very much cheers

Although we still need pictures of the figures themselves, done in sets of five. Including a three quarter pose (hero shot) a front shot, back shot and two different side shots, for our loose figure guides.
A good example of one of our figure guide entries is for Boba Fett. Although this is the Kenner line, there will be other guides, including Popy, Lili Ledy & PBP/Poch.

The plan is to eventually have a loose figure guide for each of the lines, Glasslite, Takara etc...
So far we have made good progress in our project section (hidden) with the Popy, PBP and Ledy guides, but we do need help with the Glasslite, Takara and Top Toys lines  Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:22 am

You're welcome, glad that i could help.

This guide looks great. I can most definitely help you with pictures of Takara, Toptoys and Glasslite + others you might need.
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:31 pm

that would be awesome yay
Thank you Henrik, you're an absolute legend bowwing cheers
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Current I-Phones are really quite nice for "macro" type shots, especially if were talking about non commercial use. My Avatar was shot using a EF100mm macro lens and an old Canon 60D that I had kicking around.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 am

I got this one as it was an awesome deal  cheers
Just need to learn how to use it properly  What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Andy, that looks like a great camera. cheers I looked up some pictures of it, and saw the macro (flower) & timer settings on the back.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:45 am

That's a nice camera Andy. I've got a Nikon Coolpix L330 which I've had for a couple of years. They're pretty straight forward to use.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Andy, that looks like a great camera. cheers   I looked up some pictures of it, and saw the macro (flower) & timer settings on the back.

cantina_patron wrote:That's a nice camera Andy. I've got a Nikon Coolpix L330 which I've had for a couple of years. They're pretty straight forward to use.

Cheers Guys cheers That's great to hear Steve as I've not much experience with cameras Embarassed
I will start experimenting as I want to sort the weapon MOC pics out for The General rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:17 pm

I got a memory card from eBay which came today, so I hope to have a play around with the new camera tomorrow What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Any new shots from that camera Andy? I was curious if that had a decent macro setting.

I think it would be really funny if we all became photography ninjas and started talking very pompously about it lol were off to a good start.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 pm

the89thchris wrote:Any new shots from that camera Andy? I was curious if that had a decent macro setting.

I think it would be really funny if we all became photography ninjas and started talking very pompously about it lol were off to a good start.

lol! lol! lol!

That's hilarious Chris cheeky

Thankfully my camera has a auto setting that does the work for me - I'm too technologically challenged to ever be a ninja ninja
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:23 pm

lol For example, here is a re-post of my 300th member contest submission:

This Lobot was shot with a Canon EF100mm Macro L-Series lens on a Canon 5DmarkIII body at a long exposure of 2", an aperture of f25 (in order to retain come detail in the guards) and an ISO of 800.

The group is being back-lit by an I-phone flash light which becomes a line when moved behind the figures at that slow shutter speed. I wanted to highlight the sculpt details in their faces by using predominately side and back lighting.

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Just tried the Macro (first time  What a Face )Still trying to work through the manual  Embarassed
Needs a background and shrinking some  What a Face
Steve(Cantina_Patron) has a similar model and has been taking quality pics for years, so there is hope men  cheers
Photography Ninja's  lol!  lol!  lol!
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top