TXI at CE3 - London, July 15 -17, & members made swag, badges, buttons, etc...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TXI at CE3 - London, July 15 -17, & members made swag, badges, buttons, etc... - Page 2 Empty Re: TXI at CE3 - London, July 15 -17, & members made swag, badges, buttons, etc...

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:04 am

Chris, that's a fantastic amount of swag. cheers

Looks like you met up with Simon and got the Boba Fett Oldschool stick-on, and met up with the boys from "The Vintage Rebellion". I also see some of Javi's swag as well. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26800
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

TXI at CE3 - London, July 15 -17, & members made swag, badges, buttons, etc... - Page 2 Empty Re: TXI at CE3 - London, July 15 -17, & members made swag, badges, buttons, etc...

Post by chris.75 Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks Clint,
Yeah I met up with a lot of guys from SWFUK, Dave Tree, Jason Smith, Simon. Also Grant, Jez, Rich and all the guys from the vintage rebellion podcast.
I also had the pleasure of meeting Steve Sansweet, Brian Angel, Paul Armoury, Joe O' Brien, Gus Lopez, Kevin Lentz, Krille Soderland, Henrik Wulff Rasmussen and Mattias Rendahl, Stephane Faucourt, to name but a few.
As you know Javier could not make it due to ill health, but Jose Arosa, who was also involved in producing the PBP book with Javi, was in attendance and was promoting the book with lots of swag Very Happy
So I had an opportunity to look through the book, and its awesome!! All of Javi's hard work has really paid off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10011
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Those are some terrific pictures Chris!

So many people I know from forums and Facebook, and you guys all got to meet each other. Envy.....

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:59 am

Nice photos Chris! I somehow missed this thread.

Was terrific hanging out with you and Alex. Was the highlight of the trip.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Great photos and great meeting you guys. Meeting and hanging out with my international collector friends is always the highlight of conventions for me.
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 220
Focus : loose variations (Kenner and foreign licensed)

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:55 pm

Thanks for all the kind comments guys Very Happy

It was my first celebration and I had an absolute blast yay
The biggest highlights for me had to be meeting up with Christian and Alex again, as well as other fellow collectors from around the globe.
Collectors like Henrik, not only did he host one of the collectors panels, but he also sponsored one of the collector panel coins, the imperial shuttle coin cheers clapping bowwing

hellhippie wrote:

chris ......... sweet poch shirt

Thanks Bill, my wife had it made for me, so I thought It would be pretty unique, and subtle enough that only fellow collectors would spot it and understand Very Happy
In fact I only met one other guy wearing a Poch logo T shirt and that was Jose M Arosa, who was there promoting the Poch/PBP book produced by him and Javier Ruilopez.

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:02 am

Awesome pics Chris and that's some seriously cool swag you got there mate rockon
I'd love to meet up with some of the team, it will happen one day man What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 am

Haha Chris that was funny when you met Jose and you were both wearing similar t-shirts. Your wife is a legend.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:08 pm

I too got a lot of nice swag at CE3, but unfortunately I did not get the first two postcards from Vintage Rebellion (Bounty Hunters and Royal Guard ones), if you have more of these, I would like to buy those two.  Smile

My collection of swag from CE3.

More swag, some beautiful French postcards

Gift from my friend Luis Galvez

Bought the new Meccano book by my French friends Stephane Faucourt and Yann Leroux and one of Stephane's other books (already have his other two books), and got these nice gifts with them.

Also bought Shane Turgeons newest book. Not that I'm much into tattoos, but like to support my friends, by buying their books.

As I already posted in my thread about foreign variations, I bought the Lili-Ledy brown eyes/nose Teebo from Luis Galvez at the room sales.

Finally my gifts for beeing a sponsor in the Collector's Panels again (3rd time, I was a sponsor).

Last edited by HWR on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Nico wrote:Awesome pics Chris and that's some seriously cool swag you got there mate rockon
I'd love to meet up with some of the team, it will happen one day man What a Face

Thanks Andy, Yeah I hope so buddy Very Happy
There has been a brief chat about us meeting up at the next "Farthest from" it would be great to see you there bud cheers

CristianC wrote:Haha Chris that was funny when you met Jose and you were both wearing similar t-shirts. Your wife is a legend.

yeah, I had to do a double take when Jose said "hey nice T-shirt!" hehe.
Yep I think my wife is a legend too, that's why I married her  Very Happy

HWR wrote:I too got a lot of nice swag at CE3, but unfortunately I did not get the first two postcards from Vintage Rebellion (Bounty Hunters and Royal Guard ones), if you have more of these, I would like to buy those two.

Yeah I got those two cards, but not the IG-88 or TFP cards. Sadly I only got one of each, but if you want them Henrik, I will gladly part with them, so that you have the complete set  Smile
Awesome swag by the way cheers clapping clapping
The Star destroyer coin display looks great, and I love that you have the original coin mould!! Is that one from this year's Celebration, of the Imperial shuttle?

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Sounds great Chris. I have something to trade for them, won't say what it is yet, but it's not a vintage variation. Smile

And yes, the mold is for the Imperial Shuttle coin. Smile

Last edited by HWR on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Henrik, Nice collection of swag from CE3. I'm glad to see you where able to get one of the R4-M9 droids from the TXI team. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:41 pm

HWR wrote:Sounds great Chris. I have something to trade for them, won't say what it is yet, but it's not a vintage variation. Smile

cool, thanks Henrik afro
Just PM me with your address my friend, and I'll put those two cards in the post for you Smile

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:57 pm

amazing pics guys . looks like the best time was had by all cheers cheers yay yay

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:35 pm

chris.75 wrote:
There has been a brief chat about us meeting up at the next "Farthest from" it would be great to see you there bud cheers
Steve goes there doesn't he cheers When is the next one Chris scratch
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:59 pm

According to SWFUK, it's on Aug 28/16
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:26 am

HWR wrote:

Henrik (or Chris), who was giving away the pin with Star Wars in the Def Leppard font?

I saw it posted somewhere else once, and I would KILL for one. A marriage of two of my all time fave things in the entire world.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:48 am

Commander Clint wrote:According to SWFUK, it's on Aug 28/16
Cheers Clint cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:15 am

Ian_C wrote:Henrik (or Chris), who was giving away the pin with Star Wars in the Def Leppard font?

I saw it posted somewhere else once, and I would KILL for one.  A marriage of two of my all time fave things in the entire world.

I remember seeing it somewhere as well. I just checked over at SWFUK, but I didn't find it.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:01 am

I think Alex may of had one of those Def Leopard/star wars mash up pins. I think there was a slayer and Metallica font pins too. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Swfukers.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:15 am

Unfortunately I don't remember, who gave med the Def Leppard themed badge, there was also two Iron Madine trooper badges (tribute to Iron Maiden and General Madine of Cause), which can be seen next to the Def Leppard one on my photo.
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:41 pm

Bugger. Thanks guys.

Maybe I'll ask over there. Hopefully someone over there is willing to sell me one.

The other fonts are cool too, but one look at my avatar and you can see which one holds special meaning to me. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:14 pm

There was a Def Leppard style patch which I got from a US guy too
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 am

Thanks Richard. No recollection of who it was?

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Sorry Ian I don't but here is his badge...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top