Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way Empty Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way

Post by grinchy Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Thought i'd share these repaints I did of the big millennium falcon toy of a few years ago, and the oversized x wing toy Hasbro put out recently
The falcon is a great toy, it has movie sounds and phrases, and it also lights up, only problem with it is its a bit plain, I fixed that with a lot of acrylic glazes I made, mixes of gray black and brown glazes brushed on then wiped of leaving the detail in the plating and wiring shaded, I airbrushed on some of it hear and there, I went a bit heavy as I like the falcon really dirty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next up was the x wing, this was repainted in the same way as the falcon, really pleased with this one, originally i was planning on opening up the cockpit and adding a seat and controls, but just decided on the basic weathering job on it

lastly heres a quick pic so you can see the size of the x wing next to the falcon, this was when i first started in my room display
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5923

Back to top Go down

Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way Empty Re: Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way

Post by Commander Clint Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Nicely done Ian. You did a fantastic job. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way Empty Re: Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way

Post by grinchy Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Cheers mate, i'll never own the master replicas falcon, so this will have to do, I prefer this to be honest, the sounds and lights really top it off
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:05 pm

Took a couple more pics of the falcon, got Han and Chewie in the cockpit, you can just about see them
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Damn that repaint is so good they could have used it for the miniature special effects in the original movie rockon
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:28 pm

aww cheers mate, nice of you to say that, its cool what a lick of paint can do bringing a toy to life Very Happy
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:59 am

That looks brilliant!

Makes me want to cut out the cockpit windows on my "Hero Series" Falcon, I've seen some custom jobs on that one which are just mind-blowing too.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:41 pm

cheers mate
Yeah I have seen some repaints on that falcon, it does make a real difference, you should give it a go! Very Happy
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top